Service With Drink Packages

jdbmga

Has anyone found the service (especially in the DR) lacking once the bar servers and bar tenders know that you have the all inclusive package? My BIL is concerned that if he gets the Premium Pkg and plans on having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner that he will have a hard time being served, especially 2 glasses since he has the package since it has already been paid for.

Thank you :)

Has anyone found the service (especially in the DR) lacking once the bar servers and bar tenders know that you have the all inclusive package? My BIL is concerned that if he gets the Premium Pkg and plans on having a couple of glasses of wine with dinner that he will have a hard time being served, especially 2 glasses since he has the package since it has already been paid for.

I've had the Premium Package on two sailings now and have not noticed any "distancing" from the servers/bartenders. I typically tip a little extra in cash, which may help, but honestly don't think it would matter if you didn't.

Dan.

We were on the Adventure at the end of February and had the premium drink package. We went to the main dining room every night for dinner, we met the bar server Petrell the first night. Every night after that, there was always a glass of wine at my seat when I sat down, when there was one sip left another glass appeared. Same for my husband. My son ordered a beer, then next night it was on the table waiting for him. He told Petrell, oh I wanted to try a different beer-no problem. The next night. both beers were waiting for him. I gave her a WOW card and cash tip at the end of the cruise.

We had the drink package on our last cruise. Had the great customer service we always get. We also tip a buck or 2 for our drinks. We usually find one bartender we always go to when strolling around the ship. We really liked the not having to worry if our bar bill will be high, we already know it. :D

We haven't had a drink package ever but have sometimes had trouble with getting the bar staff in the dining room. So I don't think it is the package but more likely the staff in general in that zone. We ask the waiters to chase up the bar person and once they know you want something besides the wine that the waiters can get then they seem fine.

Bar service on the Freedom in the MTD was hard to get most nights but it seemed that the amount of tables that the bar server was responsible for was much greater than on our previous cruises...maybe just the dining room or the ship:( We just stopped at a bar before going to dinner and brought a glass in with us. Our assistant waiter started to get our wine after a couple of nights:D