No FTTF

lorriv20

:( I was very disappointed to find that the FTTF was already sold out for our July cruise. The last time I sailed on Carnival, this option was not around yet. My question; however, is this: We are in an AFT suite. Our sailing only has one tender ( to the private island...but we have already booked a cabana). Are we really missing out on a lot?

FTTF gets you priority boarding and debarking after wedding parties, platinum and diamond members and immediate access to your cabin (which is what we like most), priority tendering and your own line at customer service (along with platinum and diamond members). We have never found the tendering to be a plus as we have always had an excursion booked and those are tendered together. If fttf is sold out for your sailing keep checking back. They release a few at a time periodically. I have gotten it up to a few weeks before sailing.

My suggestion is to keep checking the site. Mine was sold out too...for months. But, someone on here had suggested to keep checking the site. I was diligent and checked daily to find great news one day when some FTTF showed up and I snagged one!

So, don't give up! Just keep checking the site! :) Good luck!!

Check everyday, especially in the mornings. The FTF for my cruise was sold out for weeks, and someone on here told me to keep checking, when I looked this morning it showed 19 available. I couldn't believe my eyes! Good luck.....don't give up.

Edited by keith75

:( I was very disappointed to find that the FTTF was already sold out for our July cruise. The last time I sailed on Carnival, this option was not around yet. My question; however, is this: We are in an AFT suite. Our sailing only has one tender ( to the private island...but we have already booked a cabana). Are we really missing out on a lot?

You just saved $50. Its no big deal.

I got our last one in September for our cruise on the Sunshine on 3/30. 2 days ago 15 more opened up. I was watching for our roll call. Keep checking daily or even a couple of times a day.

I checked 4-5 times a day for 3 weeks and finally got FTTF for our cruise. I don't know if it means anything or not but I checked at midnight before going to bed on a Friday night and it was available. The time and day could be coincidence.

How far ahead of time does FTTF usually become available?

I guess they make it available for a couple of hours per day on random days! I think I have gotten it as far out as ten months....I think.

Doesn't your suite get you some of the same benefits? Not priority boarding I don't think but your suite is available immediately and you have some of the same platinum status benny's? I don't remember now but I'm sure I've read that some of those perks are part of having a suite.

From what I understand, they hold some back to see how many priority members are onboard and release more at a later date. My cruise is 8 months out and it shows sold out too. I check every day hoping more will open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From what I understand, they hold some back to see how many priority members are onboard and release more at a later date. My cruise is 8 months out and it shows sold out too. I check every day hoping more will open up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I also think this is what happens. I bought mine when we booked (2 or 3 months out) but kept checking just out of curiousity. About 6 days before the cruise there were 17 available.

Like others have said keep checking. Our last cruise was sold out for weeks and then some came up again. I don't think the priority tendering is really worth the hype because you still have to sit on the tender until it is full before they head to shore.

We didn't have FTTF for our first cruise and we went to our room just after boarding. Room was ready when we got there.

I will however buy the FTTF whenever it is available just for the priority embarkation and debarkation.

Plus getting to use the "short" line at guest services is a nice perk.

Doesn't your suite get you some of the same benefits? Not priority boarding I don't think but your suite is available immediately and you have some of the same platinum status benny's? I don't remember now but I'm sure I've read that some of those perks are part of having a suite.

Yes. I think priority boarding too.

Edited by keith75

Thanks everyone for the advice. I will keep checking back. However, the main concern for me was the priority boarding. I have fibromyalgia and several other health issues right now, and it is difficult for me to stand in long lines with my bags/ carry-on etc. I still want the FTTF, but if not, I will be happy with the priority boarding for the suite.

It has been my recent experience that you will encounter long lines in VIP if you arrive really early to embark. FTTF has really changed this. If you have FTTF and arrive after the initial wave of FTTFers (they board that group about 5 hours before sailing),then you can avoid the long lines in VIP. We are Platinum and have learned that arriving later (about 4 hours before sailing) will clear out the gung-ho FTTF people and allow VIP boarding to be peaceful VIP boarding. This is MY experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can anyone whom has done the FTTF tell me how late you can disembark with the late disembarkation option. I have a grandmother that will need to move slow so we thought we would wait. Thanks.

Susan

I checked 4-5 times a day for 3 weeks and finally got FTTF for our cruise. I don't know if it means anything or not but I checked at midnight before going to bed on a Friday night and it was available. The time and day could be coincidence.

Thank you so much. I took your advice and tried checking all night Friday. At 1:00 AM on Saturday, a slot opened and we purchased it!:D

FTTF gets you priority boarding and debarking after wedding parties, platinum and diamond members and immediate access to your cabin (which is what we like most), priority tendering and your own line at customer service (along with platinum and diamond members). We have never found the tendering to be a plus as we have always had an excursion booked and those are tendered together. If fttf is sold out for your sailing keep checking back. They release a few at a time periodically. I have gotten it up to a few weeks before sailing.

I was able to get it 2 days before my sailing last week out of Baltimore on the Pride. Definitely keep checking.

Can anyone whom has done the FTTF tell me how late you can disembark with the late disembarkation option. I have a grandmother that will need to move slow so we thought we would wait. Thanks.

Susan

It is for early debark. They herd the group to the front of the line.

For debarking later, leave anytime for self-assist or wait til after your luggage number has been called.

You can arrange wheelchair debark if standing in line is not good for Grandma.

We are platinum and rarely debark before 9:30. Usually all pax are off by 10.

If you are booked in a suite you already have priority boarding that will get you onboard before,the FTTF crowd. You will go thru with the platinum/diamond line at the port. You also get #1 luggage tags for disembarkation when you return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk