Mariner Credit for Vista Suite on Prinsendam

Dietemann

I just spoke with a Rep. He immediately said that all suites qualify for double points. However, when I told him that someone said a rep. told them that Prinsendam Vista Suites do NOT qualify, he got on the computer and looked it up. It actually took him a long time to read through the material. He said Prinsendam Cabins starting with S on up qualify. He said Prinsendam is the only ship where those vista suite cabins do NOT qualify. He also was completely unfamiliar with Cruise Critic!!

I still will wait until the person who will be on the ship next month reports back. This rep possibly misread, as the brochure states "Suites", and Prinsendam now has Vista Suites.

BTW, some posts are missing from this thread, where someone stated what was written in the HAL brochure about the Mariner points. Very odd!!

I find it odd that the Vista Suites qualify on other ships as they are VERY expensive on Prinsendam.

Was this a Mariner Society person? I would think they would be the final arbiters.

I agree. No, this was just a HAL rep. I did ask to speak to someone in Mariners, but this guy said he could help me. I just emailed the Mariner Society. Hopefully, someone will reply. It's only 1:15 in Seattle!

Just got the email in time to add on. Yes, as of May 10, Prinsendam Vista Suites will quality for double points. That answers why the person on the April sailing won't get the bonus.

So, May 10 is the date when people will get double points for Catgory A on Prinsendam. This was so easy...why didn't we think of this a couple of days ago???

Edited by LindaM

I agree. No, this was just a HAL rep. I did ask to speak to someone in Mariners, but this guy said he could help me. I just emailed the Mariner Society. Hopefully, someone will reply. It's only 1:15 in Seattle!

Just got the email in time to add on. Yes, as of May 10, Prinsendam Vista Suites will quality for double points. That answers why the person on the April sailing won't get the bonus.

So, May 10 is the date when people will get double points for Catgory A on Prinsendam. This was so easy...why didn't we think of this a couple of days ago???

Thanks for verifying that for us, Linda. We'll be in a Vista suite on the Prinsendam for the May 24th sailing, so it's nice to know we'll have made it under the wire to get the bonus suite points!

KK

Thanks for verifying that for us, Linda. We'll be in a Vista suite on the Prinsendam for the May 24th sailing, so it's nice to know we'll have made it under the wire to get the bonus suite points!

KK

You are very welcome!! I am so glad that we finally have an answer----directly from the Mariner's Society and not a HAL phone rep. Knowing the date it takes effect makes the reply even more credible!

You are very welcome!! I am so glad that we finally have an answer----directly from the Mariner's Society and not a HAL phone rep. Knowing the date it takes effect makes the reply even more credible!

Thanks for the info.

We'll be on the Prinsendam in January for the Grand South America in a Vista Suite. It will be great to get double credit days.

Terri