Back from the dream.....today

AmberTeka

There was a lot of Trivia. Several games each day. Not much at night.

There was a LOT of Carnival Logo Items. cups. Picture frames. Towels. Tees. toys. Cover ups. sunglasses. Hats. Bags. And More.

I did visit the Fun shops. I was looking for a Picture frame for a friend who has a new grandson. they only sell those in the Photo Shop and they all had the carnival Logo.

Usually I shop more on the ship than I did this time. We had the baby a good bit, so Cherry on the TOP became a regular stop, but not the others. If you have a little one, Cherry on the Top with the Ring Lollypops...Cotton Candy and such might be a big hit.

I did quickly go through the "fancy" jewelry one and the more fun type shop. I wished I had more time. On the last Sea day they had Tees....2/$20. I meant to go back and never did. I also forgot my watch, and saw that they had a one day sale for $10 dollar watches. Never made it back. ( the watch I have is a Fossil I bought on the Dream...and years later, I love it. I have had to have a new battery, but it works.....like a clock!)

I usually buy perfume for my Daughter when we sail, but she was with us, and the trip was her birthday gift, so I just looked. compared to big department stores, I thought their prices were good. I always compare prices to perfumes on land...in ports. Duty free areas. And the ship always matches them. Or comes close. We did not buy any spirits, but My SIL bought some for his father. he bought them in the Ship store. For price and convenience.

On one sea day when we had the baby, My daughter bought some charms for her bracelet. The glass bead...silver bead ones that are popular. I saw her tonight and they were lovely. Honestly, I was surprised. she said they were the same ones sold in the Higher End Department stores here.......and she would know!

I wished I had more time in the shops. I hope you enjoy your time there!

Thanks so much. Trivia is my dad and I's favorite ship board activity. It's always fun to win that ship on a stick

One place on the Dream that you do not hear much about is the Library. It is on the Fourth Deck. Aft. In front of the Crimson Dining Room.

It has Two computers. At a little desk. with Chairs on the ground. If you are handicapped, and I am, and it is hard to get into the chairs at the Fun Hubs, go to the Library.

My SIL had to check in with work several times, so I bought the $49 dollar plan, gave him the PW and shared it with him.

He would go to the library, with anyone else seldom there, but with enough light from windows to see very well. I checked out the books, being a former librarian. They had some good Titles. and the collection had been weeded. My DD checked out a book. You have to check the fun times to see when someone will there to check out the books and/or return them. You can return them to the shore desk, I think.

If you plan a day of sunning by the pool, and forgot your book. check out the library. You might be very surprised. they also had board games that could be checked out or played there.

Happy Sails.

Thanks.....we are onboard the Dream in 12 days for the repositioning cruise to New Orleans.

What were the Fun Shops like onboard??? Did they have a good selection of Carnival logo items??

Was there a lot of trivia held onboard during the day??

OK wrigley80, just a few more days and don't forget to wave, I'll be watching the ship as she sails to he new home..:D

OK wrigley80, just a few more days and don't forget to wave, I'll be watching the ship as she sails to he new home..:D

Yep we are one day closer. My bags are sitting by the front door. We're ready to go. We fly out on Friday morning.

I'll be sure to wave at ya as we pass in the night....hehe

We just got off the dream Saturday. We are going to miss that ship. We loved dancing in the streets, the fun force dancers, just the whole ship in general.. basket of bread on table that's warm, fast service in main dining room. Had to wait one night for anytime dining for a table of 6. The next day room service delivered an apology and a plate of deserts. Just a great cruise. The shows are great!! 1000 times better than the breezes. Very nice crew. Lots of kids but were well behaved for spring break. Has anybody ever on a carnival ship seen a comedy club mc that was funny. This guy was mean to a young kid, Not to mention he wasn't funny.. overall this is the best ship we have been on!!!

While we don't cruise to watch TV, there are enough hours in a day to tune in while recharging from excursions..or whatever. With that in mind, Turner Broadcasting's International channels, and those of other American based cable networks vary wildly in content from their stateside fare.

"Boomerang" in the States offers 60's and 70s Hanna Barbera fare, mixed in with milder modern shows. Overseas, it was almost all live action shows I'd never heard of. "Cartoon Network" delivers a steady dose of their Anime programming, which can be best described as Speed Racer on Meth.

"TCM" the prestigious Turner Classic Movies domestically shows many of the all-time great motion pictures. My last trip south I was treated to reruns of Starsky and Hutch...not the movie, but the series.

My guess on programming for the wee ones via PBS would be too expensive for them to uplink out of the US, though I suppose a deal could be cut to provide a block of shows for the little ones that could be pre recorded and shown on a continuous loop.

I do miss ESPN in the rooms, but I understand what they charge per room would banrupt Donald Trump, and apparantly its pricey enough just to get it to the Sports bars. You do get the occasional Major League Baseball and NFL games,but its mostly Cricket and European football (soccer).

• 2 months later...
While we don't cruise to watch TV, there are enough hours in a day to tune in while recharging from excursions..or whatever. With that in mind, Turner Broadcasting's International channels, and those of other American based cable networks vary wildly in content from their stateside fare.

"Boomerang" in the States offers 60's and 70s Hanna Barbera fare, mixed in with milder modern shows. Overseas, it was almost all live action shows I'd never heard of. "Cartoon Network" delivers a steady dose of their Anime programming, which can be best described as Speed Racer on Meth.

"TCM" the prestigious Turner Classic Movies domestically shows many of the all-time great motion pictures. My last trip south I was treated to reruns of Starsky and Hutch...not the movie, but the series.

My guess on programming for the wee ones via PBS would be too expensive for them to uplink out of the US, though I suppose a deal could be cut to provide a block of shows for the little ones that could be pre recorded and shown on a continuous loop.

I do miss ESPN in the rooms, but I understand what they charge per room would banrupt Donald Trump, and apparantly its pricey enough just to get it to the Sports bars. You do get the occasional Major League Baseball and NFL games,but its mostly Cricket and European football (soccer).

I could not agree with you more. On Cartoon Network EVERY character was a ghoul. A ghost. A Vampire. A monster......Kids are supposed to enjoy that? I would bet it is 3,4,5 years in the cabin with parent or sibling wanting something to watch on TV, Not pre teens or early teens. Why they do not get Child oriented cartoons I don't know. Even the Old Tom and Jerry would have been better. Video movies. If they don't charge admission I don't think they have to pay huge sums by copyright laws. they pay..but not like the theaters who charge. I am not a lawyer and may be very wrong on that.

Edited by AmberTeka

My SIL had to check in with work several times, so I bought the $49 dollar plan, gave him the PW and shared it with him.

How many minutes was this plan?

I want to say 75 minutes. Somewhere around there. It was more than enough for us. He checked in with work every day. I went on three or four times. We had minutes left when we got off of the ship.

It was more than enough for us. They had a package with up to 300 minutes and one less. I think I bought the middle package.