Pirates Museum /other things to do w/kids

Monkeymom1010

Was wondering if it's safe to walk around Nassau with children? I'm thinking of Pirates Museum with sons 9 & 10 and hubby. Also is there other shopping in that area? Is it safe? Can you walk from ship (Gem) to the museum? I really want to do Atlantis but son will not meet height requirement and will be bummed out if he can't go on the slides. Any other suggestions for Nassau? I really do not want to do the beach since we would of just gone to Great Stirrup Cay. Thanks

Nassau is one of our least favorite places, but we did get off the ship last year and walked to the Pirates Museum with out 6 year old. We felt completely safe and did enjoy the museum. The tour won't take very long but it was informative and enjoyable.

It's as safe as anywhere...but I prefer using the ship on Nassau day....it's like being on your own, private yacht!

Atlantis is expensive....I'm sure there's a waterpark near your home that would be less expensive and just as much fun!