Going to Balcony vs decks?

IMKTDQT810

It depends. Sometimes, I like being able to lay out and have more room. Sometimes, I like being in the thick of things. But I love relaxing on the balcony while leaving port or getting ready for dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had my balcony on the Miracle I loved taking an hour or two on the balcony to just relax on it... I am trying an inside room next month on the Imagination to see if I can handle it.... if so insides for me unless I have extra funds.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

How many have sailed with a balcony that you find yourself wanting to go back to your room MORE to enjoy the water on your balcony vs. being up on one of the decks?

We will have our 1st Balcony in May and I told DH, who doesn't like too much crazy & crowds, that I see us enjoying the balcony more then being on a deck to just sit and relax.

Anyone else do this or plan on doing this? Just wondered!!

This describes us to a T. When we have a balcony, we tend to spend more time together on the balcony. It starts with coffee in the early morning. Then we are there reading throughout the day. We do go up on the decks but we aren't looking to get any sun (we live in FL LOL). Then, drinks on the balcony before dinner. Aaahhh can't wait! 5 more weeks.

Actually, we like both. The balcony is great to have when we want a quiet place to just sit and relax for awhile. But we also enjoy walking around on the ship, to explore, to people watch, or maybe just to get a little excercise. The way I see it, yes, we've paid extra for the balcony, but we also paid to be on the ship. Why not get our money's worth and enjoy both?;)

I so agree with you about both having a balcony and seeing the ship. We always get a balcony. I'm such an early riser that I get my coffee and sit on the balcony in the "early" morn. and watch the sun rise. My husband couldn't care less (he's a sleeper):D Then at the end of a busy busy day we both love to sit out on our balcony in the evening and enjoy the warm breeze and movement of the ship. You will love your balcony but do explore the ship as well. Lots to see and do.;)

loved the balcony ! also love the deck fun too ! Best parts of the balcony to me was before or after being on deck it is nice to have your own place to have a drink and chill out , relaxing on it while the other one showered or dressed etc. I love that if one of us wake up in the night or early morning we can go outside and enjoy the view and let the other rest. Didn't get room service last time but this time we have already decided that we will get a delivery first thing in the morning for coffee and juice and danish for sure !!!!

My family normally cruises with my sister's family. My sis and I like spending our day up on the Lido deck, where we are at a central location for our kids to find us, and (when they were younger) where we could keep an eye on them in the pool. Our husbands, on the other hand, will spend most of the day on one of our balconies just enjoying the view, and a nice cigar. They will come upstairs for lunch and a drink, and that's about all. At night, after dinner, we stay off the balcony and enjoy the ship's entertainment and then sit out there again for a bit before bedtime.

We find that it's true that once you go balcony you never want to go back. It's so nice to listen to the water churn below you and enjoy the sea air.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love the balcony. Nice to have the option of taking a few steps to get outside versus going to the upper decks. I love leaving the door open at night and getting the ocean breeze. Besides, i sleep in a dark inside room all year, on vacation I want to splurge for a few extras lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We aren't balcony people. We've never had one and turned down a upsell offer. We like to be where everyone is at, chatting, watching, etc. We've also had a beach house since before I was born and still have it..so sitting outside and watching the ocean is no big deal.

For us a balcony is great...we've done all categories and the balcony is our favorite and of the balconies the aft is the best..we usually only book a regular balcony..even obstructed if price is an issue..I love having breakfast east morning delivered by room service and consumed on the balcony....it is beyond peaceful...We do not like the loud noise on the upper decks and I will usually seek out a quiet sunny spot if I want some sun and my balcony is shaded (DH doesn't like to sunbathe so he stays behind on the shady balcony)..otherwise we are on our balcony on sea days most all of the time. We are looking forward to our next cruise when we will again have an aft balcony..we just got off the Legend and were in a 4K ( no balcony) just French doors...( we were paying for 2 cabins so price was an issue) and the first thing both DH and I said was...LORD we missed that balcony...so enjoy the peace and solitude and a nice glass of wine at the end of the day watching the moon reflect off the water and the stars in the sky...nothing like it for sure :)

On our last cruise I found the pool deck music very loud so I spent a lot of time on my balcony.

So true. But if you were on the balcony and a neighbor was playing the guitar as above poster said, how would you feel? Carlos Santana wouldn't be welcome by most!

If you're planning to spend a lot of time out there, an extended makes a big difference. For my upcoming cruise I've got one of the bowling alleys! And it's wide!

Edited by crusinpsychRN

I like the early morning, the mid day, and before bed times to be on the balcony to look, relax, and reflect on how great my life is...

Agree...love having coffee out on the balcony, if it's not too windy. Also love watching the water at night before bed. I do like being on the decks during the day since I can't get room service of my favorite frozen libation. :D:rolleyes:

another reason I do not care for the balcony.

sorry , but

I paid good money for this room and balcony , to enjoy.

I do not want music or smoke coming my way.

just enjoying the view, and a nice cigar , think about others ? ? ?