Explore4 group experience

regnig

Just back from a wonderful 11 day cruise on the Noordam and wanted to advise that our Pinnacle experience was wonderful. We were a group of 8 traveling with 4 linked bookings. When we arrived in our staterooms there was nothing there indicating when our reservations were for our Pinnacle dinner so I immediately called the Dining line and was advised the time (600pm) and date of our reservations. And yes, he had all the linked staterooms together. We had a wonderfully roomy table and the service and food could not have been better. I doubt anyone else dining in there had any idea we were using our "free" Explore4 meal. Another JOB WELL DONE for HAL and their staff.

Just back from a wonderful 11 day cruise on the Noordam and wanted to advise that our Pinnacle experience was wonderful. We were a group of 8 traveling with 4 linked bookings. When we arrived in our staterooms there was nothing there indicating when our reservations were for our Pinnacle dinner so I immediately called the Dining line and was advised the time (600pm) and date of our reservations. And yes, he had all the linked staterooms together. We had a wonderfully roomy table and the service and food could not have been better. I doubt anyone else dining in there had any idea we were using our "free" Explore4 meal. Another JOB WELL DONE for HAL and their staff.

I also enjoyed an excellent ?'free' dinner in the Canaletto onboard the Ryndam under the 'Explore4' program, where I had the best service ever, along the best spaghetti & meatballs dinner that I had ever eaten at sea or on land! :) The dinner reservation was at the exact time, 5:30 p.m., if I would have booked it myself! ;)

We were also on the Noordam fm march10. Well we were somewhat disappointed at the "Pinnacle". The restaurant is quite cosy, and the food is of course ok, but when you are supposed to pay a supplement for reservation (ok we did not with the action "Explore 4" ) in the menu there were two items where you had to pay a supplement if choosen. That is somewhere wrong if you pay already the entrance.

Further I have to say that the wine list is different as in the Vista Lounge: in fact only the expensive wines are mentionned! The reasonable Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Carolina of 24 + serv ch, which is excellent, was not on the list as several others. I paid more as the double in Pinnacle for another wine! The "free entrance gift" was paid back with the wine!