What to do/beaches within walking distance...

Will have two kids ages 11 and 15. Have nothing planned as of yet for St Maarten or St Thomas, any ideas what we can do within walking distances, or appropriate for those aged kids? Beaches? Excursions? I feel like I have looked through a ton on here, and on royal caribbean website, and am at a loss. Leave off Oasis in 27 days! Thanks!

If you take the water taxi to Phillipsburg there are beaches right there. But you can rent a car at the port and drive anywhere. The island is small and there are beautiful beaches everywhere. I've done that a number of times. It's very comfortable driving around St. Maarten. We don't have younger children, but one great place to visit is Maho Beach to watch the airplanes land. Of course we're adults so we go to the Sunset Beach Bar and Grill and have a drink and something to eat while watching the activity on the beach. If you aren't familiar with it, check out St. Maarten airport on Youtube. There are also a number of other beaches to go to as well as a butterfly farm, etc. Check out St. Maarten tourism on the web for ideas.

As for St. Thomas, there is always a cab to Megans bay. But depending on your sense of adventure, check out St. Thomas Flyboarding on the web. We didn't go to it, but I emailed them and they sound very nice. They are at Lincoln Bay over by the airport, an easy cab ride. You can rent paddleboards or try flyboarding. They'll answer any questions you have by email.

In st Thomas , grab a cab to sapphire beach. It's not crowded and the snorkeling is excellent. It will run you about twenty bucks each way, you can rent chairs when you get there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will have two kids ages 11 and 15. Have nothing planned as of yet for St Maarten or St Thomas, any ideas what we can do within walking distances, or appropriate for those aged kids? Beaches? Excursions? I feel like I have looked through a ton on here, and on royal caribbean website, and am at a loss. Leave off Oasis in 27 days! Thanks!

The water taxi from the piers to downtown Philipsburg in St. Maarten will take you directly to a very good beach. Otherwise consider taking a taxi to one of several other good beaches on either the French or Dutch sides of the island.

In St. Thomas I don't think that there are any good beaches within walking distance of the pier where Oasis docks (none for that matter near Havensight Pier, where other ships dock, either). Cabs are readily available and prices are posted for trips to any of a number of popular beaches in St. Thomas. Prices are pretty reasonable and you can arrange to have the driver return to take you back to the ship at a time convenient to you. You can also take a cab to Red Hook and a ferry to St John and the very popular Trunk Bay. Either option is probably less expensive than purchasing a ship's beach excursion but they, too, are available for purchase.

Please don't go to the beach where the water taxi ends in St Martin. It has been reported on these boards by a couple of people who live there how polluted the water is there. You will not see any of the local people swimming there.

Any of the other beaches would be fine.........