Taking own food off ship

cruiser415

Also in Alaska at Skagway. I was in line to leave the ship when the security officer stopped a young woman who was eating a large muffin.

The officer told her she could either step out of line to finish eating her muffin or throw it away because she could not take it off the ship.

The young woman in a loud voice, to share her position with the rest of us, stated No I will just stand here and finish eating.

At that point two other Security officers pulled her out of line and off to one side. Then one of them got up real close to her face to talk to her. When he point out the hatch to the dock I did not think he was telling her that was the way to dry land.

Some people do not understand that attitude does not go far at times like that.

Bob

Some Clif bars are made in Canada....so arguably if a Canadian made Clif bar was purchased in Vancouver, it could be a problem taking it ashore in Alaska. It would take a pretty mean inspector so confiscate it and I think the likelihood of it happening is very remote but I have run into some pretty mean CBP and CBSA officers over the years.