Port Canaveral Hotels w/access to stores, ect.

Nadersmom

Looking to book hotel for our precruise stay. I've looked at various hotels and reviews, ect. but I'm still not sure what our best bet would be.

We will be cruising out of Port Canaveral in November. We are going to fly in and arrive in Orlando on a Friday evening. We intend to rent a car and drive to Port Canaveral so we have the car for part of the day on Saturday. We have one extra day before our cruise leaves so that DH can take a guided fishing trip in the Lagoons for part of that day. (I believe that they are like 4 or 6 hours)

I would like to stay close to the port if possible and drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise and have the rental car co. shuttle us to port. I had been checking out the Residence Inn, and the Country Inn and Suites on Astronaut. (Radisson shows no rooms available already?) based on reviews and locations close to port. However, I've read that there isn't much within walking distance with respect to stores, beach, ect. I am sure that while DH is fishing I'll want to find SOMETHING to do, like peruse a few stores, maybe spend some time on the beach. Not sure exactly. But is there a better choice for a hotel considering that I'll be hoofing it for part of the day? One that is still close to the port so that we wont have far to drive for dinner (would like to try Grills, Fishlips or something in the port area that's been recommended so many times).

I've read about Ron Jon Resort. Is that fairly close?

Anything on the beach that's fairly close but not outrageously expensive? I assumed we'd pay up to $160 or so per night but my research has just begun. Also, we have another couple meeting us and they usually aren't as willing to spend that much on a hotel per night. I don't need fancy, but I do want clean and comfortable. I don't care if there's a pool. Free breakfast would be nice, but isn't required.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Looking to book hotel for our precruise stay. I've looked at various hotels and reviews, ect. but I'm still not sure what our best bet would be.

We will be cruising out of Port Canaveral in November. We are going to fly in and arrive in Orlando on a Friday evening. We intend to rent a car and drive to Port Canaveral so we have the car for part of the day on Saturday. We have one extra day before our cruise leaves so that DH can take a guided fishing trip in the Lagoons for part of that day. (I believe that they are like 4 or 6 hours)

I would like to stay close to the port if possible and drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise and have the rental car co. shuttle us to port. I had been checking out the Residence Inn, and the Country Inn and Suites on Astronaut. (Radisson shows no rooms available already?) based on reviews and locations close to port. However, I've read that there isn't much within walking distance with respect to stores, beach, ect. I am sure that while DH is fishing I'll want to find SOMETHING to do, like peruse a few stores, maybe spend some time on the beach. Not sure exactly. But is there a better choice for a hotel considering that I'll be hoofing it for part of the day? One that is still close to the port so that we wont have far to drive for dinner (would like to try Grills, Fishlips or something in the port area that's been recommended so many times).

I've read about Ron Jon Resort. Is that fairly close?

Anything on the beach that's fairly close but not outrageously expensive? I assumed we'd pay up to $160 or so per night but my research has just begun. Also, we have another couple meeting us and they usually aren't as willing to spend that much on a hotel per night. I don't need fancy, but I do want clean and comfortable. I don't care if there's a pool. Free breakfast would be nice, but isn't required.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Comfort Inn on Atlantic Avenue and Four Points by Sheraton are right next door to one another. These two hotels are next door to Ron Jon Surf Shop. The Comfort Inn has beach access right behind the hotel

Hampton Inn and Courtyard by Marriott are further down on Atlantic Avenue

We stayed at the LaQuinta oceanside. It is as close to the beach as you can get. We had a balcony facing the ocean and had a great view. There is a Publix grocery store right across the street. There are some other small shops in the strip mall there, but can't remember what. The Cocoa Beach pier is right next to the hotel. A couple minutes walk.

Claudia

Thanks so much. So, this may seem silly, but I've never been to the area so I just don't know. These hotels are in Cocoa Beach correct?

So how far away is Cocoa Beach from the Cruise port? By car? Are we talking a 5 minute drive? a 30 minute drive?

Thanks so much. So, this may seem silly, but I've never been to the area so I just don't know. These hotels are in Cocoa Beach correct?

So how far away is Cocoa Beach from the Cruise port? By car? Are we talking a 5 minute drive? a 30 minute drive?

Depending slightly upon hotel location and traffic, about 5-10 minutes.