Freedom News Finally??

winddawn

John Heald is saying on his FB page today that he will finally have news of Freedom's upgrades on Wednesday. Dare we believe him? He's currently meeting with the beards. John said:

"See you back here early tomorrow morning with more news and on Wednesday, finally we will have news on Carnival Freedom’s upgrades."

until the beards change their minds about something and make jh back track again. I can handle the 2.0 upgrades the freedom will be getting but not real thrilled with the suess at sea program that it is getting. yippee can't wait to see the cat in the hat.:rolleyes:

Hopefully the information we receive will be worth the wait! I'm waiting with baited breath to see if it gets all the upgrades the Future Cruise Advisor said it was getting! In particular the Red Frog Pub and not just the bar on the lido deck!

But most importantly are they moving it to Galveston as rumored. For those of us already booked for Jan thru Mar 2015 sure would like to know for flights and hotels

What the… why would they move it to Galveston? They have the Magic almost brand new and the Triumph just recently redone. No those ships don’t have 2.0 features but I don’t see them moving it there. Where has this rumor been said? I assume Freedom would replace Triumph so Triumph is going to Everglades? Actually… now that I think about it with the Dream going to NOLA and doing basically the same routes I could maybe see the Magic moving. I just don’t think the Magic would move to Everglades. Maybe the Liberty to Everglades and the Magic to Port Canaveral? Would be smart having two of the “newest" ships in Port Canaveral especially since Royal is suppose to announce a third and Norwegian coming back.

Edited by Justyman87

Breeze is my favorite too!!! Was bummed to find out the one time we were available it wasn't sailing. So we went with the Freedom :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am SURE you will have a great cruise. Pretty sure she's gonna get some AWESOME upgrades:D:D:D Enjoy!!!

What the… why would they move it to Galveston? They have the Magic almost brand new and the Triumph just recently redone. No those ships don’t have 2.0 features but I don’t see them moving it there. Where has this rumor been said? I assume Freedom would replace Triumph so Triumph is going to Everglades? Actually… now that I think about it with the Dream going to NOLA and doing basically the same routes I could maybe see the Magic moving. I just don’t think the Magic would move to Everglades. Maybe the Liberty to Everglades and the Magic to Port Canaveral? Would be smart having two of the “newest" ships in Port Canaveral especially since Royal is suppose to announce a third and Norwegian coming back.

If it happens, and I have heard similar rumblings, the reason would be that Galveston sells very very well. Texas has three cities in the top 7 in the country, all within driving distance. Fits completely with the Carnival methodology. The Triumph does not even enter into the equation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I booked my May cruise on the Freedom I wasn't aware it would be getting any upgrades. I found out about the dry dock a month later while researching the ship. However, since all of the rumors of what it'll be getting have come about, it's made me excited.

I did notice earlier today while on Carnival's website when you click on Guy's under the dining tab it shows the Freedom with "May 2014" under it. I hope that's a good sign! I've never sailed on a ship with Guy's before. Also, the Blue Iguana Cantina is the same way.

I can't wait for John's announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by ToriB

When I booked my May cruise on the Freedom I wasn't aware it would be getting any upgrades. I found out about the dry dock a month later while researching the ship. However, since all of the rumors of what it'll be getting have come about, it's made me excited.

I did notice earlier today while on Carnival's website when you click on Guy's under the dining tab it shows the Freedom with "May 2014" under it. I hope that's a good sign! I've never sailed on a ship with Guy's before. Also, the Blue Iguana Cantina is the same way.

I can't wait for John's announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Those are new on Carnival's website about Guy's and Red Frog because I checked those in the past and that didn't show. So part of the cat is out of the bag. Thanks for sharing.

The rumor has been that the Freedom will go to Galveston to make three Carnival ships there (Freedom, Magic and Triumph). I'm waiting on pins and needles to find out if the Freedom is doing a repo cruise from Port Everglades to Galveston. If the price is right, I'm SO ON IT! :D

If I were guessing, I'd say take a look at what the Liberty has that the Freedom doesn't currently, and you're going to know what 2.0 additions the Freedom will get. Liberty got the 2.0 a few years back and they are almost the same ship layout-wise. Guy's, The Blue Iguana and several of the newer bars (Alchemy, etc.) are what I'd guess.

Edited by stupendousman8