Freedom News Finally??

winddawn

What does upgraded pool deck look like? Waterworks????

Thanks,

Tammi

Nothing more than loss of deck space around the pool area, and the elimination of A Lido deck smoking area.

So what happened to the inside prognosticator? No Carnival 2.6, no Waterworks, and no new Home port.

Wheree Bill Withers?

Y A W N

Edited by Pine Bluff

Where is CarnivalBreeze319 these days? You know when actual news occurs, and its nothing like his "inside" sources have predicted?! Looks like Freedom is getting 2.0, plus another feature or 2, no Sunshining! lol

More Playlist and Hasbro? Another ship to cross off the list of ships to choose from.

This is why our next cruise is on Princess and probably after that RCCL.

No problems with food and service it is the entertainment that is so lacking.

Stu,

This is whats wrong with Carnival. After all the negative comments about playlist they continue to roll it out and call it building on their reputation of quality entertainment.

They either aren't listening or don't care as long as its cheap.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Think it is a combination of both Bill. How sad. Ticket to Ride is a great show we have seen about 6x.

Saw a playlist show on the Glory last month and left after 10 minutes. The second one took about 8.

Hasbro in the evening for adults? Are you kidding me?

Mentioned this to JH on fb and he acknowledged that playlist was not exactly universally loved and said better entertainment was coming.

Still waiting.

Stu,

This is whats wrong with Carnival. After all the negative comments about playlist they continue to roll it out and call it building on their reputation of quality entertainment.

They either aren't listening or don't care as long as its cheap.

Bill

All while trying to make us think that the downgraded Playlist Productions cost more.

Big failure. Now it makes sense there was a cloud of secrecy. The NorthEast snowstorm was a bust too.

Ticket to Ride is a great show we have seen about 6x.

Saw a playlist show on the Glory last month and left after 10 minutes. The second one took about 8.

Mentioned this to JH on fb and he acknowledged that playlist was not exactly universally loved and said better entertainment was coming.

Still waiting.

Stu, I could not last 5 minutes watching the old shows...I was bored out of my mind. I personally enjoy the new productions. As far as Hasbro, it was one of the highlights of our Breeze cruise. It was fun seeing Ed on stage as one of the contestants. Is there a happy medium? I am sure there is, and perhaps the 4 new shows will combine the best of the old with the new so that everyone will be happy:)

I must say I almost NEVER enjoyed the old shows. Ticket to Ride was one exception, I liked that show, but every other show I ever went to was terrible. I have not seen a Playlist Production yet, so I cant compare. But the old shows were definitely nothing spectacular!

Where is CarnivalBreeze319 these days? You know when actual news occurs, and its nothing like his "inside" sources have predicted?! Looks like Freedom is getting 2.0, plus another feature or 2, no Sunshining! lol

It seems that CB319 was retired. About six other names have emerged and been retired, and the latest, duckface9 has morphed into JustMeandTheSea, I believe. You really need a spreadsheet to keep up, and if I wasn't so lazy, I'd have one for you. LOL

Edited by EZ4

These upgrades where about what I predicted. We were on the Freedom last June and had ZERO complaints about the ship, other than the weird way you sort of have to go through the dining room to get to stuff in the middle of the floor the dining rooms are on. I'm assuming the same for the Liberty, which we will be on this June. Any upgrades are really "icing on the cake."

I've not seen a Playlist Production yet, so I won't judge and the quality of shows probably won't be a deal breaker even if I didn't enjoy them. Seeing how they've announced new shows, maybe they've had time to "get the bugs out" of the program and have made them more entertaining. I think there were three musical shows on the Freedom and none of them knocked me out (but were entertaining) other than "Freedom To Ride" which was pretty impressive.

We may go back to the Freedom next year.

Edited by stupendousman8

Ive no comparisons to make as this will be our very first cruise ( June 1st ) , all the upgrades sound great , cant wait .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll love it. Some of us are just having fun with Carnival's long history of botched announcements. :)

back tracking on some of my excitement of the new 5 day cruises out of Fort Lauderdale . . . but it's that dreaded Mon-Sat itinerary.

Will still do Freedom, but more likely that Sat-Sun 8 day instead. Same amount of days off from work as the 5 day for me.

Think it is a combination of both Bill. How sad. Ticket to Ride is a great show we have seen about 6x.

Still waiting.

If new and better entertainment why spend the money to put playlist productions on a ship that didn't have them ?

Bill

Because to me, a change of homeport would be even bigger news than the drydock upgrades, and it would certainly impact a lot more people who already have cruises booked. I would think that that would be the headlining, breaking news over the 2.0 upgrades. Now he's just trickling out tidbits about shows and such. He does still have to announce BC8, and that may be what will be the next big news about Freedom.

Maybe he's saving the BIGGEST news for last:rolleyes:

If new and better entertainment why spend the money to put playlist productions on a ship that didn't have them ?

Bill

The most probable answer is that Carnival signed a contract with Playlist Productions for either a certain amount of years or for a certain amount of ships.

From development to production, these shows can take up to 3 years to produce. In those three years, only a small handful of people get to see and then critique the product. That is when the tunnel vision sets in.

The true test is when the show is finally put in front of an audience. Cruise ship productions do not have the opportunity to test the show in various venues before the installation. The performers may get 1 or 2 off site performances for invited guests.

Hopefully the comments and concerns expressed by certain passengers have been heard with open ears and the 4 new shows will be more to the liking of the passengers:)

Edited by pauleydm

JH just answered someone's post on "FB", and the Freedom IS getting the Scenic Oceanview cabins:D

Looks like they are just "dribbling" out the updates.....:rolleyes:

I wonder if that means Captain's Suite's as well?