Royal Caribbean Select a cabin website feature.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem or possibly it is my browser.

I select a cruise then select a cabin type. I click on the blue "Change your stateroom" and type in a cabin number then press the blue "search staterooms" button. Normally it will either show me the cabin is available or display a statement saying it is not available. But since yesterday it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else getting this problem?

Just wanted to see if anyone else is having this problem or possibly it is my browser.

I select a cruise then select a cabin type. I click on the blue "Change your stateroom" and type in a cabin number then press the blue "search staterooms" button. Normally it will either show me the cabin is available or display a statement saying it is not available. But since yesterday it doesn't do anything.

Anyone else getting this problem?

I had the same problem yesterday.

Cathy

Never works for me.....when I get to that point I take all the information and call in with info and let them book me....helping me with a cabin telling them what type and where I want it. Works for me. I really wish they would set it up so we could see which cabin are available.

It seems like they do everything possible to make you have to call and sit on hold. I noticed it was down yesterday, but had been using it all last week.

They disabled this feature at a European travel agency where you could see all inventory for every cabin category about a month ago.

Today the feature to create a Crown and Anchor new membership was down as well and received a message that I needed to call.

At least they let me actually make a payment on the third try today.

RC's web site will only let you book on the deck they want to sell right now. When I book I pull up a web site that allows me to see what cabins are available at that time, then go back and try/tried to put the cabin I want into to the change your cabin field, and they say it is not available or in another category and still will not let me change anything. I guess calling is the only answer right now.

Edited by north29

I found I had to also select the cabin category, over to the right of the select cabin number. Then it would work. Also, double check your cabin category. I was having difficulty because the category on the deck plan under Plan a Cruise was different than the one when you are actually booking a cruise.

Good luck.

Thank you to those who strongly suggested I use a T/A, I do but I also like looking to see what cabins are available on my own.

Thank you to those who said it never works, obviously an inaccurate statement since I have used that feature hundreds of times.

Thank you for those that said it's because Royal only will let you see the deck that they want to sell, also inaccurate because when the stateroom search is working it will show any cabin available.

Lastly thank you to Luvscruising2007 for giving me a suggestion that works. I never had to select cabin type before and I think it may be due the all the re-categorization they are doing. The cabins I was looking for are currently D2s but for the cruise I was looking at in 2015 the same cabins are now D1s.

I found I had to also select the cabin category, over to the right of the select cabin number. Then it would work. Also, double check your cabin category. I was having difficulty because the category on the deck plan under Plan a Cruise was different than the one when you are actually booking a cruise.

Good luck.

I just tried this and it works! Thanks!

Thank you to those who strongly suggested I use a T/A, I do but I also like looking to see what cabins are available on my own.

Thank you to those who said it never works, obviously an inaccurate statement since I have used that feature hundreds of times.

Thank you for those that said it's because Royal only will let you see the deck that they want to sell, also inaccurate because when the stateroom search is working it will show any cabin available.

Lastly thank you to Luvscruising2007 for giving me a suggestion that works. I never had to select cabin type before and I think it may be due the all the re-categorization they are doing. The cabins I was looking for are currently D2s but for the cruise I was looking at in 2015 the same cabins are now D1s.

Are those sarcastic "Thank you's"? :)