Transferring Booking to TA

Happy2cruise

How long does it take for the transfer to be done? Faxed in form last week and have heard nothing. Will call TA tomorrow but thought I might get some feedback here first.

Have never transferred a booking on Celebrity but have on Princess. All we do is call TA with info,they contact Princess and transfer is done within the day.

Thanks!

It seems to take a few days with celebrity. Your new ta should be following up on it...after all, that's how they make money.

Our TA is monitoring the booking transfer but I just wanted some feedback before calling tomorrow. Yes, I know that is how they make their money:D:D

How long does it take for the transfer to be done? Faxed in form last week and have heard nothing. Will call TA tomorrow but thought I might get some feedback here first.

We have found that it is faster when we email the transfer form to the TA and let them handle the processing of the transfer instead of faxing the form to Celebrity.

Have never transferred a booking on Celebrity but have on Princess. All we do is call TA with info,they contact Princess and transfer is done within the day.

Thanks!

I had an awful issue with this a year ago. Finally, with only 4 days out of the 60 days for this to take place, I called Captain's Club. They straightened it all out for me. I was getting no where, and sending it in over and over.

I had an awful issue with this a year ago. Finally, with only 4 days out of the 60 days for this to take place, I called Captain's Club. They straightened it all out for me. I was getting no where, and sending it in over and over.
We have done last minute transfers, emailing the transfer form to the TA, as I described previously. Never a problem because the TA takes care of the whole thing and will get the final payment date extended when necessary.

The only important thing is that you do not make the final payment before trying to transfer the booking to the TA.

Happy2cruise, we have had some TAs accept a Celebrity transfer over the phone too, without requiring a transfer form, but most of them want the transfer form.

Edited by fleckle

We have found that it is faster when we email the transfer form to the TA and let them handle the processing of the transfer instead of faxing the form to Celebrity.

Thanks, that is what we did. Emailed the form to the TA and TA then faxed it to Celebrity.

Last cruise, we faxed in the transfer to Celebrity with a few days to spare. About two weeks later, my TA asked why she never saw the booking. X dropped the ball, but they still honored the transfer after the deadline when we refaxed it. My understanding is that they located the original fax, though.

We booked a cruise while on a cruise, and the Celebrity future cruise booking agent transferred it to our TA right then and there. All you need to do is have all the TA info. I just e-mailed the TA from the ship and told her to be on the look out for it. It was very painless. :)

Sorry, would someone explain to me why you would transfer a reservation made through Celebrity to a TA? What's the advantage?

A good travel agent will at least give you OBC to cover your gratuities. It all depends upon the cruise and how much you pay for your stateroom.

It pays to shop around for a good travel agent.

We booked a cruise while on a cruise, and the Celebrity future cruise booking agent transferred it to our TA right then and there. All you need to do is have all the TA info. I just e-mailed the TA from the ship and told her to be on the look out for it. It was very painless. :)
That is easy to do if you have shopped around in advance and already know which TA is offering the best deal for that particular cruise.

(Or if the TA is your sister or best friend who is going to get your business anyway, even if you could get a better deal elsewhere.)

But many of us want those 60 days after booking the cruise to look around and compare offers before deciding which TA to use, so we are not willing to lock ourselves in to one specific TA up front.

Once you give your booking to a TA, it can be difficult and unpleasant (even costly) to try to switch when you later find out that you could have done much better by using a different TA.

Before any TA here starts protesting, I should state that I totally agree it would be very unfair to the TA if they made it easy for the customers to switch their reservations around from one TA to another.