A Chuckle

Iamthesea

I am taking my 2 adult daughters on a cruise this weekend. We have the free Beverage Package. I sent them some information about the package and what is included, plus some wording that was in fine print (that I had not read.)

So, my 29 year old calls me today to ask the following question.

"With the beverage package, it says $49 a day. Does that mean that I can only drink up to $49 worth of drinks in a day?"

I explained to her that the $49 was the cost per day (free to us), and then went on to explained that only one drink at a time, per passenger, was allowed. She then said...

" But, I may want 3 drinks at one time. Can I not order 3 at once?"

When I questioned why in the world she would need 3 drinks at one time, my daughter replied...

"Well at breakfast, I may want a specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juice and a bottled water!" :D:rolleyes:

After chuckling, I replied that she should really up the ante and order a Bloody Mary and make it 4 drinks for breakfast. :);)

So, that got me thinking...May I assume that all 3 of my daughters drink choices can be ordered at the same time from the MDR? I know in the buffet that she would have to get the water and juice herself, and then order a specialty coffee from Café al Bacio.

I am taking my 2 adult daughters on a cruise this weekend. We have the free Beverage Package. I sent them some information about the package and what is included, plus some wording that was in fine print (that I had not read.)

"With the beverage package, it says $49 a day. Does that mean that I can only drink up to $49 worth of drinks in a day?"

I explained to her that the $49 was the cost per day (free to us), and then went on to explained that only one drink at a time, per passenger, was allowed. She then said...

When I questioned why in the world she would need 3 drinks at one time, my daughter replied...

"Well at breakfast, I may want a specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juice and a bottled water!" :D:rolleyes:

After chuckling, I replied that she should really up the ante and order a Bloody Mary and make it 4 drinks for breakfast. :);)

So, that got me thinking...May I assume that all 3 of my daughters drink choices can be ordered at the same time from the MDR? I know in the buffet that she would have to get the water and juice herself, and then order a specialty coffee from Café al Bacio.

Yes, we did just that last yr on the Reflection.

Some cruisers have posted that they were not able to do that, the Celebrity staff held firm to the 1 drink at a time rule. It may vary from ship to ship, or crew member to crew member. I haven't tried it myself, it wouldn't make much sense to be that rigid but then again sometimes rules don't make sense.

Some cruisers have posted that they were not able to do that, the Celebrity staff held firm to the 1 drink at a time rule. It may vary from ship to ship, or crew member to crew member. I haven't tried it myself, it wouldn't make much sense to be that rigid but then again sometimes rules don't make sense.

the OP's question was,

""Well at breakfast, I may want a specialty coffee, fresh squeezed juice and a bottled water!"

I didn't have any problem getting juice, coffee & a Pellegrino all together (on Equinox). I think the 1 drink is one alcoholic drink at a time. After first day the wait staff remembered me. Ah, coffee in morning tea later lady. The specialty teas at Elbacio are stupendous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last cruise on the Reflection in the buffet, you could have a fresh o.j. and a capuccino served from the waiter at the table, but they would not let you do that when standing at the bar. You then would only be allowed to order one drink. So, had to drink the o.j. then order the coffee.

We were just on Eclipse 03/08 to 03/22 and had no problem at breakfast. Everyday I ordered Fresh Orange juice, Mocha, and Port day Bottled water. Not once was an issue raised. When presented with two sea pass cards we got two drinks at one time.

Never tried to get more than one for my self.

It seems to depend on the server, but I've usually been able to order a bottle of water at the same time as another drink, with alcohol or not. Most of them have the attitude that if you order a water as well, you are likely to drink it and not become intoxicated and difficult while being served.

As for the OJ and coffee, I would walk in, order one, sit down, then order the other. Otherwise, order one then as they bring it, order the other. Once the wait staff know you are drinking all yourself, after a couple of days they may bring both at the same time.

We were just on Eclipse 03/08 to 03/22 and had no problem at breakfast. Everyday I ordered Fresh Orange juice, Mocha, and Port day Bottled water. Not once was an issue raised. When presented with two sea pass cards we got two drinks at one time.

Never tried to get more than one for my self.

Thank you. That's what I needed to hear. It will work out, I am sure. ;)

We will have to wait and see what can be ordered at one time. Afterall, none of the drinks will be alcoholic. I still think DD should kick-it-up a bit and order a Bloody Mary or Mimosa on top of everything else. :D

I've done the specialty coffee, Pellegrino and mimosa during the brunch, it was not a problem after an initial no. I asked to speak to the beverage manger and he approved it without blinking an eye.

The one drink rule's purpose is to avoid sharing. First, I was solo on the cruise, so definitely not sharing, but second, I sat there and drank them right in front of the staff....

Certainly if I were paying per drink they would have no problem brining those three different type of drinks at the same time....so I should not be penalized for having the package. that package costs me more than 500 dollars and I follow the rules, but I am not going to be made to drink coffee without water because someone doesn't understand the true policy.

Every manager I spoke to said it is perfectly acceptable, but it is a little difficult to explain that to the multi-national staff, and I know that no one wants to lose their job for breaking the rules. I was very nice about it, but I never had a problem getting specialty coffee and water at café al baccio either.