Carnival Men , Make your wives happy

My Dad always got my mom flowers every week in their retirement..he got them at a grocery store that was not too expensive and got to be friends with the arranger. I could save a fortune calling her when in Oregon and get a big arrangement that a florist would charge me 3 times as much saved $ and dad and mom would pick it up on their loop and have an excuse to grab a bite in town...as they were far out of town for deliveries. This is what I did on several special occasions.

These memories hold me...they had almost 54 years but it was a fast shock and was looking like they had 10 more..

When the one living is going through their "issues"..these memories of a family are very supportive..you go to the security that their love was deep and real..so what you do for her..you do for the family..especially if she goes first in this case...Sarah

PS..Of course it is memories of the husband doing the little things she is touched by...do it on the cruise and record it!!! Photo..keep the card..etc.

My parents were great dancers..dad can really lead..I see them in my mind's eye with the two step and the 40's-50's jitterbug that just had a different step...dad danced with mom at some key times in the last years..those memories are wonderful..dance and do things for her and have photos for your kids, folks and brothers and sisters, it comforts more than yourselves...sarah

Edited by sjn911

Congrat's OP for finding something so simple to make the wife so happy! And kudo's for sharing.

Unfortunately some of our spouses are a little different.

My DW thinks gifts and flowers are a waste of money. I've learned the best thing I can do for her is to let her lounge in her robe with a glass of wine and her Kindle while I get the h*ll out of her area and run interference to any kind of nuisance (kids, pets, salesman, etc.). She loves her "me" time! :D

*LOL*

Don't feel bad . My DW is the same way. Growing up when her father sent her mother flowers it usually meant he had done something really wrong or she was about to find out he had (and he did A LOT)

Plus she thinks they are a huge waste of money.

You two would get along great....give her jewelry (or a really expensive purse ) and she is very happy.

I guess I'm beyond the extreme then... I don't value flowers and jewelry and other stuff just doesn't appeal. I prefer it when DH does something I want to do even though I know he doesn't care for it, and does it willingly and with a smile! THAT is romantic in my books!

OK...don't hurt me, but I must be the exception to the whole female & roses/flowers thing. They just aren't my style. That's not to say it isn't "sweet", just not for me.

Now if you want me to be happy....send me some real (not lab created) emeralds :p

I agree wholeheartedly....flowers are a crazy waste of money in opinion! If my DH brings me some he always gets upset if I'm not elated, but I just don't see the point. Even though the thought is nice, there are several other things I would rather have, a new purse, a nice dinner out, another cruise lol :)!!

*LOL*

Don't feel bad . My DW is the same way.

Plus she thinks they are a huge waste of money.

You two would get along great....give her jewelry (or a really expensive purse ) and she is very happy.

My DW is the same way only she doesn't like jewelry either. Talk about a perfect wife!

For our first anniversary, I sent her one red rose to her work place. Second, she got two, third, three. At twelve, she said "Enough already!"

My DW is the same way only she doesn't like jewelry either. Talk about a perfect wife!

For our first anniversary, I sent her one red rose to her work place. Second, she got two, third, three. At twelve, she said "Enough already!"[/quote

My DW has never wanted afur. It's inhumane , and its cruel (and I agree).

But she does love her jewelry.

I have tried to explain the extreme pain diamonds feel when they are ripped off the wall of the mine with a pick by the minors. She ain't buying it. *LOL*

I think flowers are a waste too! But there's been a few times in our 15 yr marriage that i have loved them! Those are the times when he has stopped on the side of the road to pick bouquets of wildflowers. There's this certain kind, (have no idea the name) that grow along the roads where we live, that i adore. Melts my heart <3.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It really doesn't matter what the "thing" is..just that there is a little sweet honor your partner thing...that goes both ways...

A bottle of scent free suntan lotion and a pretty clear lipgloss sun protection....for allergy people...wine, chocolates.

Since mom has passed..while we are not big on fake flowers...when we can not have a little barrel of petunias or mums in summer or fall we water every week...we have a fake flower place on headstone and we keep seasonal through terminal winter and the deer can't eat the silk spring bulb flowers. A pretty artifciial silk something is awesome in the right occaisons..I like tiny potted arrangements at places like Michaels for a desk or tiny coffee table centerpiece...that would pass and be small in a suitcase..just do something...it means soooo much IMHO..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Just a tip if you are into this sort of thing. For 14 cruises I have always sent my wife a rose or roses to our table on formal night. This was from the Magic last week from Cherry on Top for a whopping price of $8.75..works pretty good..;)

SANY2701.jpg

photo hosting

My wife would appreciate the flower, but she would be much happier if I bought her that beautiful dress your wife is wearing!

Thanks. I could swipe it and mail it to you..:D

Throw in that blouse she's wearing in the boat tour photo and you've got a deal!By the way, where were you at on that excursion? Reason I ask, we're on the Legend in May and plan to do the Altun Ha/ River Wallace excursion in Belize and that looks like that might be it. If so, I'd like some insight...right now I've got the Carnival one booked, but I like to do local ones if they are reputable.

The boat tour was in Roatan. We had an independent tour and they hooked us up with this..

Throw in that blouse she's wearing in the boat tour photo and you've got a deal!By the way, where were you at on that excursion? Reason I ask, we're on the Legend in May and plan to do the Altun Ha/ River Wallace excursion in Belize and that looks like that might be it. If so, I'd like some insight...right now I've got the Carnival one booked, but I like to do local ones if they are reputable.

Another viewpoint- women: what something special do you do for your man?

One Valentines day I sent a teddy bear with balloons to my DH at the office... they teased the daylights out of him about it, and he griped, but secretly he LOVED it!