Should we get off the ship at Labadee?

mommyto3nj

totally!!!

It's awesome.

Read more threads, the vast majority love it.

But anyway you don't need to plan, the dock is close to all the facilities, so if you don't like it it's easy to go back to the ship.

April2013cruise161_zps82b4fc07.jpg

April2013cruise155_zpse2888691.jpg

April2013cruise153_zpsb46c5b3d.jpg

April2013cruise1691024x768_zps5da567e7.jpg

Looks terrible, huh?

Oh and there's a roller coaster too.

The beaches are nice and it is very relaxing, but stay clear of the back of the island where the shopping is unless you don't mind the aggressive sales people..... My husband commented that the merchants had truly defined the term "divide and conquer".... My husband and son anded up getting side tracked into one booth while my daughter and I were swept into another..... and they were pushier than pushy......

We did the jet skiiing at Labadee, and that was great.... Except they have one stop in the harbor where they tell you about the locals... who miraculously appear beside you in their canoes trying to sell you stuff. No omney on you, no problem, they give you a receipt and you can pay and pick up once on shore.... Not quite as much pressure, but still took away from the jet skiing experience.

I've been reading reviews of Labadee and it sounds like its almost not worth getting off the ship to have a beach day?! I have three kids that love just hanging out in the water...is it worth it?

Absolutely! It's a free beach day (unless you want to buy something, but you don't have to). Labadee is beautiful. I would at least get off the ship and plan to visit a beach for an hour. If you like it, stay, if not, you can get back on the ship. Either way, you'll know if you want to return on future cruises. Personally, I can't wait to return! :)

I've been reading reviews of Labadee and it sounds like its almost not worth getting off the ship to have a beach day?! I have three kids that love just hanging out in the water...is it worth it?

Yes, I would get off the ship. You can walk around, go to the beach, and when you get tired, you can return to the ship!