Liberty cabin 8357 conflicting info Help

dotheyes

booked cabin 8357 on the Liberty

Carnival rep told me it was 2 bunk beds (upper and lower) She insisted

BUT I googled this cabin and got pictures of two TWIN beds.

anyone been in this cabin or have pictures

thanks in advance for any help

dot

Edited by dotheyes

Go to carnival's site, click on Liberty, then click on deck plans then click on 8357 and it will show the room type. It definetely shows an upper and a lower.

Interesting, cruiselinerooms shows it as two twins. So I'm guessing it must have changed at some time.

Edited by Sooner01

You should have the upper/lower bunk bed type. Below is the description of the room from GoCCL.com

Cabin 8357 1A 185 sq ft

Beds: 1 twin-1 upper

View: no window or balcony

Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink

Features: TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; chair and coffee table

Non-smoking

Edited by Mysticks1

Just looked up your cabin, Liberty 8357 on a site and someone added on 2/13/14 photos and that it has twin beds and they were pictured..looks like a good sized 1A and one with twins on the floor that can be put together...Sincerely, Sarah

PS...there looked to be a chair, 2 nightstands, and beds that faced the desk vanity, flat screen tv, selves there and closets to left of desk setup and bathroom across that and entry inbetween. There is also a bunk in ceiling that goes up to not quite flush but almost. Probably made it a 3 person 1A as they decided enough room...looks to be a very nice 1A...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

thanks for the replies; I too saw pictures by people who were in the cabin and it shows 2 twin beds, So you can see why I am confused since their are still people who say they know it is one upper and one lower.

I guess we will be taking a chance I only have till April 6th to decide whether to keep the cabin or cancel We are way too old to sleep in an upper berth.

Maybe someone who has been on The Liberty in this cabin will send me some recent pictures of the sleeping arrangements

thanks again

dot

This is very encouraging dot

Cruisedeckplans (I am a member) shows pictures taken 2/13/14 as twin bed set up but with that said it does look like there is another bed located in the ceiling that the room attendant can lower.

Hope this helps.

Thanks; Another vote for Keep I have read some of your other quotes on some threads and you have always been very level headed and honest Dot

Just looked up your cabin, Liberty 8357 on a site and someone added on 2/13/14 photos and that it has twin beds and they were pictured..looks like a good sized 1A and one with twins on the floor that can be put together...Sincerely, Sarah

PS...there looked to be a chair, 2 nightstands, and beds that faced the desk vanity, flat screen tv, selves there and closets to left of desk setup and bathroom across that and entry inbetween. There is also a bunk in ceiling that goes up to not quite flush but almost. Probably made it a 3 person 1A as they decided enough room...looks to be a very nice 1A...Sarah

The 3 midship 1A cabins on Decks 6, 7 & 8 of Conquest-class ships DO have twins beds on the floor (which convert to one large bed). Those cabins are slightly wider than standard insides (yes, I only paid for a 1A and got a larger cabin than my next-door-neighbors in the regular inside cat 4F).

As a solo, it is fantastic. The upper bunk is not used. Odd layout. No hallway when you enter; closets on the left followed by the desk with a chair in the corner. Bathroom to the right. Bed facing the door, but the left side is behind the bathroom wall.

There's a fabulously useful 1A thread on the boards (don't have it saved; have to search for it each time). Many posts in there and many photos of the non-standard 1A cabins.

I chose the cabin on Empress because it's sandwiched between other cabin decks. I didn't want to be over a club or under the Lido deck.

There was absolutely no noise from the laundry room next door.

When I booked Splendor, I booked the same cabin only to find that on that ship, it IS upper/lower. I was originally going solo but when a friend wanted to join me, I moved to a regular inside.

After going to google for this cabin I saw pictures of twin beds and I think you are right.

we will be on the Liberty May 4th in a different cabin; do you think if I go up about the time they are cleaning the rooms the cabin steward might let me take a look at the room or at least tell me if their are two twin beds?

dot

Thanks for you help

The 3 midship 1A cabins on Decks 6, 7 & 8 of Conquest-class ships DO have twins beds on the floor (which convert to one large bed). Those cabins are slightly wider than standard insides (yes, I only paid for a 1A and got a larger cabin than my next-door-neighbors in the regular inside cat 4F).

As a solo, it is fantastic. The upper bunk is not used. Odd layout. No hallway when you enter; closets on the left followed by the desk with a chair in the corner. Bathroom to the right. Bed facing the door, but the left side is behind the bathroom wall.

There's a fabulously useful 1A thread on the boards (don't have it saved; have to search for it each time). Many posts in there and many photos of the non-standard 1A cabins.

I chose the cabin on Empress because it's sandwiched between other cabin decks. I didn't want to be over a club or under the Lido deck.

There was absolutely no noise from the laundry room next door.

When I booked Splendor, I booked the same cabin only to find that on that ship, it IS upper/lower. I was originally going solo but when a friend wanted to join me, I moved to a regular inside.

Edited by dotheyes

After going to google for this cabin I saw pictures of twin beds and I think you are right.

we will be on the Liberty May 4th in a different cabin; do you think if I go up about the time they are cleaning the rooms the cabin steward might let me take a look at the room or at least tell me if their are two twin beds?

dot

Thanks for you help

Easiest to check it out at embarkation or debarkation.

If the cabin door is open you could stand in the Hallway and check it out. Yes, the steward should be able to tell you the configuration of the cabin.

Please go here http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-liberty.aspx

Then click on deck 8, then DECK PLAN, then your room. It has images and 360 degree views of the room. Clearly it's one twin with an upper berth. You can use the zoom tool to make the deck appear larger.

Description. Deck 8 Verandah Category: 1A

Twin bed and one upper pullman.

Edited by Sooner01

You are welcome Dot. It is from a site with most ships deckplans and rooms and the most room photos i have found and drag and place deckplan maps to see what is above and below.. I found this site before I found here. I looked it up when I came to your question...

There is an "everything 1A thread here" and I wouldn't be surprised if several of our 1a travelers have enjoyed that cabin...they changed some Conquest one a's with enough space and on the Liberty these were just posted with aformentined date on that site...Google cruise deckplans for deckplans and cabin photos and you may find it but there is a fee to join...some sites like this are free, but not nearly enough photos. Can not put name because they somehow do travel I think...I love to pour over rooms and dream.

I will see if i can find that thread but it will be combing through it....

Here it is...http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087

I see on page one it contradicts me and is listed as a single bed but at some time some of Conquest class 1a's were changed, porbably says so later in thread . One guy even on Fantasy class was able to get steward to make him a double because on Empress deck only..there is enough room to do that and close the door in those bunk and single 1a's.

I double checked it but hope someone else who has seen cabin can do so to and verify for you...I don't have any "need to be right"..but this was a recent entry on that site.

Firefly may be able to validate for you..she has traveled alot in them but I do not see her as often here...

Edited by sjn911

Cruisedeckplans (I am a member) shows pictures taken 2/13/14 as twin bed set up but with that said it does look like there is another bed located in the ceiling that the room attendant can lower.

Hope this helps.

Here, I found your verification...there is 2 of us from that site as members...

Hope this helps..Sarah:)

I am from the Land where the buffalo roam, replenished alot by Ted turner..LOL.....LOL love our verifiers name!

NCTribe Fan explains it too!!

Edited by sjn911

Yep. I asked numerous times because out of all the Conquest-class ships, it seemed that no one in that thread had actually stayed in 7345 on Conquest.

I'm pretty sure that they were originally just "normal" upper/lower 1A cabins. But due to the extra width, several years ago they put in the 2nd bed and do not use the bunk.

I was very disappointed when I discovered that Splendor was NOT the same. She has a few more mid-ship 1As and they are, truly, upper/lower.

The whole purpose of that very long, very informative thread is because you CANNOT rely on the generic cabin descriptions and photos for some of these cabins.

Stayed in 8357 on the Freedom. Had 2 twins converted to a king. Only time we ever stayed in an inside and it was fine. Quiet, close to laundry, elevators, buffet.

I do believe all the conquest ships are the same. The splendor is not quite a conquest class so has a few differences. PvP clearly told us it would have a twin and an upper, but she was wrong as we already knew when we booked.

THANK YOU EVERYONE

I feel confident it has two twin beds How wonderful that you all would go to the trouble of finding out for me.

dot

I do believe that people who say one upper and one lower are simply reading a description and not been in one. I too saw these descriptions and most were followed with (not all rooms are this size and this is for most cabins) but I thank them also for trying to assist me

dot

I really loved 7345. If I sail a Conquest-class ship again, I will definitely try to grab it. Great price; great location.

Let us know how you like 8357.

I'm just always a little leary if I'm not between cabin decks. Looks like 8357 is under the area between the outdoor Lido and the indoor buffet, but not under a seating area.

p.s. for those that don't know, go to cruisedeckplans dot com, find your ship, then go to the bottom left corner to the "drag these decks" option. You can then see what is above and below your cabin. I always check that before I select my cabin because I do NOT want my beauty sleep interrupted! ;)

I really loved 7345. If I sail a Conquest-class ship again, I will definitely try to grab it. Great price; great location.

Let us know how you like 8357.

I'm just always a little leary if I'm not between cabin decks. Looks like 8357 is under the area between the outdoor Lido and the indoor buffet, but not under a seating area.

p.s. for those that don't know, go to cruisedeckplans dot com, find your ship, then go to the bottom left corner to the "drag these decks" option. You can then see what is above and below your cabin. I always check that before I select my cabin because I do NOT want my beauty sleep interrupted! ;)

Great help, thanks for info about decks

dot

NCTRIBEFAN is absolutely correct about those 1A cabins. Don't believe the garbage about the website specs. These have always been 2 twins on the floor with an unusable upper bunk. I have stayed in these cabins many times.

Thanks; I am going with confidence that we will both have a bed to sleep on

NCTRIBEFAN is absolutely correct about those 1A cabins. Don't believe the garbage about the website specs. These have always been 2 twins on the floor with an unusable upper bunk. I have stayed in these cabins many times.

• 1 month later...

What makes it an unuseable bunk? We are in Liberty 7345 this summer. Only 2 of us but I know my son would prefer to be up in a bunk than in one of the twins on the floor.