LANAI CABIN VEENDAM loved them.

san diego sue

Prior to our cruise on March 16th, I asked lots of questions regarding Lanai cabin. The great responses I received here was very appreciated.

Turned out very accurate.

Loved our Lanai cabin 323 on lower Promenade.

When we first saw the cabin, it was just as pictured on the website.

When people started walking by at first, felt weird. We stepped outside and saw it looked like a mirror, no one could see in. It was fun watching people walk by. Some looked in "the Mirror" to admire themselves (really funny). Only strange thing, some man walked by, tried to look in and started pulling on the door to open it. It is impossible to open . To get outside, you have to push a button inside. Once outside, it locks. We were given a key card that you scan over something on the wall outside your cabin. It reads it and door unlocks. Very heavy door by the way. You hear no noise when the door is shut.Love the panoramic view when we looked outside.

We saw lots of whales and also dolphins.

I would highly recommend the Lanai. However, better to take the ones where there are many all together. Ours had regular window cabins on either side. Even though there was a sign on wall that our chairs were private, people really didn't see it. There was suppose to be two signs and one was missing. The sign on the wall was so small. The cabins where there were many in a row, there were so many signs on the wall, it was obvious.

I had decided in advance, I wouldn't throw anyone off our chairs and didn't. There were three chairs there. I pulled over a fourth one and separated two of them closer to our door. Only people that used the chairs were our neighbors in outside cabin, so really wasn't a problem. Got to know them and we always sat with them every late afternoon to watch the sunsets.

Cruise was great, loved the small ship. We cruise mostly Princess so this was a nice change for us.

Also loved our Lanai on the Rotterdam and should we sail on another ship that has them, that is what we will book. Wish more of the HAL ships would put in this type of cabin.

Agree about the "mirror" checks. It was really funny to watch some of the gyrations that some people would go through using the "full length" mirror. :D:eek:

Barbara

We're you bothered at all at night by the lights on deck? We're the curtains sufficient to keep the room dark? How about noise from early morning walkers? Any smokers outside your lanai?

Would be interested as have always wanted to book one...

We're you bothered at all at night by the lights on deck? We're the curtains sufficient to keep the room dark? How about noise from early morning walkers? Any smokers outside your lanai?

Would be interested as have always wanted to book one...

Night lights were no bother. However you may be awakend early in the morning by the crew washing down the promenade deck.

When we had a lanai on the Veendam, someone followed us after muster thinking our door was the way inside!

Dan

Nothing beats a cruise out of San Diego for people who live in San Diego! We were still at home at 1 pm on cruise day, and were at home at 10:30 am unpacking afterwards.

We declined a low-priced upgrade to a Lanai on the same cruise the week prior. I work in a crowded room and just do not want to see people walking past my stateroom, let alone using the sliding glass door as a personal mirror. I just need to have my private space while on vacation. At least while in my stateroom.

Glad that you were willing to share your deck chairs.

igraf

When we first saw the cabin, it was just as pictured on the website.

When people started walking by at first, felt weird. We stepped outside and saw it looked like a mirror, no one could see in. It was fun watching people walk by. Some looked in "the Mirror" to admire themselves (really funny). Only strange thing, some man walked by, tried to look in and started pulling on the door to open it. It is impossible to open . ...

Lights on deck at night never bothered us. The drapes worked fine

and no problem keeping cabin dark when sleeping.

Did hear water when the deck was hosed down early in the morning

but only when the hose got our glass door. Didn't wake us when we were asleep, only noticed when I woke early.