Sugar free dessert?

mnsweeps

Since my mom is diabetic, I was wondering what sugar free dessert options she has?

Can't remember all the specifics, but there is always a sugar free option in the MDR and at least one at the Buffet. I tried one on the last cruise (a lemon cake) and it was quite good.

In main dining room you can request sugar free ice cream also I remember low sugar and/or sugar free desserts like pumpkin pie or coconut cake. There is also the option of a cheese plate or fruit plate for dessert.

I am also diabetic so I can tell you about recent experiences. There is, indeed, sugar free ice cream in MDR. They only have vanilla. There is also 1 item on the menu that is sugar free. The lemon cake is good, the orange cake is very good, the pumpkin pie is not very good, the coconut cake is ok, and the apple pie is very good. As mentioned by another poster, there is always the fruit plate or cheese plate available in MDR. The Lido will always have fruits and most of the time cheese available. I hope you have a fabulous cruise.:D.

I'm a diabetic, too. I generally like the cakes, they are light in texture with a fluffy whipped-cream texture frosting.

I never order the lava cake, but sometimes get the regular-sugar dessert and limit myself to just a couple of bites which I savor.

I'm a diabetic, too. I generally like the cakes, they are light in texture with a fluffy whipped-cream texture frosting.

I never order the lava cake, but sometimes get the regular-sugar dessert and limit myself to just a couple of bites which I savor.

I wish I had your will power. If I ordered a sugar dessert, every bite would end up in my tummy.:(

My wife is diabetic and at home I do the baking with splenda or a blend and I realize what they offer is not a treat compared to what I prepare. My wife knows that she can have a very small portion of the regular deserts and that is what she chooses if it's not a fruit or cheese plate

My wife is diabetic and at home I do the baking with splenda or a blend and I realize what they offer is not a treat compared to what I prepare. My wife knows that she can have a very small portion of the regular deserts and that is what she chooses if it's not a fruit or cheese plate

New menus have dropped the lemon and orange cake options, but they've added a new parfait dessert and chocolate pana cotta that I can't wait to try!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg