7/18/2015 Alaska "Jewel" Cruise

PatsNH

This will be our third cruise with the last one on NCL (Majesty). We are celebrating our Silver (25th) Wedding Anniversary! I plan on giving my wife a new wedding band and replacing the diamond she lost years ago (I'm such a cheapskate). This time we are bringing my 12yr old daughter with us as she was six years old on our last cruise aboard the "Majesty" so hopefully there will be plenty for her to do. We are flying from Boston to Seattle and was wondering if ne1 has any suggestions on where to look for the cheapest flights.

Cruises so far.....

1988 Western Caribbean "Song of America" RCCL :)

2006 Boston to Bermuda "Majesty" NCL :)

2015 Alaska "Norwegian Jewel" :)

From BOS, there is nonstop service on Alaska Air and JetBlue. JetBlue tends to be the cheapest. As mentioned, Southwest flies from MHT with a change in Chicago.

Edited by Seanote

We almost always use JetBlue's non-stop from Boston to Seattle.

There is an "upgrade" (about $40?) for more legroom, and we find that well worth it.

We tried Alaska's non-stop (don't even know if it still exists), and everyone was treated like cattle. There was a change in equipment, and they kept us in the airport with "soon, soon" promises, for HOURS, and then announced that the regular "next" flight would use that equipment, and we were to fly the next day.

IF they had been upfront, oh, about 6 hours earlier, we could have almost been IN Boston by then, on another carrier. By the time they managed to share the news, there were no more flights other than a red-eye.

Many of the passengers almost rioted, having already waited far too long with NOTHING offered, not even a soft drink, and lots of children and babies cranky and tired (so were the adults!), and police had to be called.

I'm really not sure how Air Alaska could have handled it much worse...

NEVER AGAIN, no matter the savings!

Jet Blue has been terrific on many flights to various destinations.

And the cost is usually hard to match.

GeezerCouple

Thanks for all the updates!!! I agree so far JetBlue and Alaska Airlines have been the cheapest (not so sure about Alaska after that last review) but I have plenty of time to keep checking. Will also check out cheapoair.com!

We were also pleasantly surprised to find that we only needed a Passport card rather than a passport book ($100.00 more) issued at the post office for the three of us thanks to embarking and disembarking from Seattle.

UPDATE: I just picked up the diamond today, now need to have it remounted on her original ring. Also started a ROLL CALL for our cruise.