Norwegian Escape - Oct 29th 2015 - Inaugural transatlantic

Single Cruiser

• 3 months later...

My partner Bruce and I will be onboard.

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

If you are not already looking at it, you should have a look at the M&G thread.. There over 100 ppl signed up already :-)

Dan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm leaning towards this vs the first Miami sailing, the price difference for the solo cabins is not that much and I wished I had more time on the ship on my first cruise, the Getaway.

The Trans Atlantics are great for new ships. Plus the inaugural crossing often has the ceo / senior staff onboard so they are keen to pull out all the best stuff :)

The Trans Atlantics are great for new ships. Plus the inaugural crossing often has the ceo / senior staff onboard so they are keen to pull out all the best stuff :)

Well I spoke to my travel agent and decided that I will have done two Caribbean cruises by then time to do something different and will be enjoying a Studio! Now to pay it off and most importantly, buy the drink package!!! I'll be the one drunk laying out catching sun while we are still in port in Southampton.

• 3 weeks later...
Well I spoke to my travel agent and decided that I will have done two Caribbean cruises by then time to do something different and will be enjoying a Studio! Now to pay it off and most importantly, buy the drink package!!! I'll be the one drunk laying out catching sun while we are still in port in Southampton.

Sun in S'ton in Oct, lol. That'll be a first! My partner and I our on this cruise, our second TA!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A month and a half later, the thread gets resurrected. More people booking now, especially with the sale. :D My first TA, as well.

I'm debating time in London. Honestly, I think I'm more likely to spend an extra day in Southampton. I spent a year in university in Manchester; I've done most of the tourist stuff in London by now. Might be nice to stroll around again, admittedly.

--John

Hello me and my partner are heading on this Transatlantic. We are 2 irish lads and it will be our first transatlantic cruise. We have done 4 NCL cruises so far. It will also only be my 2nd time in the US so major excitement all round.

Hello me and my partner are heading on this Transatlantic. We are 2 irish lads and it will be our first transatlantic cruise. We have done 4 NCL cruises so far. It will also only be my 2nd time in the US so major excitement all round.

Welcome! Where in Ireland are you from? I'm from the UK but used to live and work in Dunlin for a year a couple of years back.

The TA is great fun, such a different experience to a "regular" cruise.

Hey Universe1, we live in Dun Laoghaire in South Dublin, But are from outside originally. We are very excited about this cruise. Itll be the holiday of a lifetime for us. Where in the UK are you from

Cool, went there a couple of times whilst living in Dublin. We're from Hampshire (near Winchester), so about 30mins drive from Southampton. We agree this will be a great holiday and can't wait to do another TA on NCL!

Ye are nice and close to port so. We have yet to decide if will fly over that morning or night before.

If you fly in that morning then definitely consider Flybe direct in to SOU. And yeah, relatively close. Taci down for us 😀

I just booked yesterday. My partner is sitting this one out. Crossings are not his thing. I'll be sailing with a friend from Phoenix. I'm from Miami.

I just got off the GETAWAY last Saturday and had a blast. The LGBT gatherings at 7pm in the Sunset Bar were well attended and I hope the same will be true of ESCAPE.

Looking forward to a fun group and meeting everyone onboard.

Ernie

Hey Universe1, we live in Dun Laoghaire in South Dublin, But are from outside originally. We are very excited about this cruise. Itll be the holiday of a lifetime for us. Where in the UK are you from

I like Dun Laoghaire. Used to stay at the Royal Marine, the one with the Laurel and Hardy pub when I was working nearby.

I'm so excited for this trip to begin. And nervous too. First time doing this solo thing.

Don't worry about sailing single. I just disembarked last week from NORWEGIAN GETAWAY as a single. My partner couldn't make it so I went solo. I had a blast and met so many great guys. The LGBT gathering was every night at 7pm in the Sunset Bar and very well attended. I hope the same will hold true on ESCAPE!

My name is Dave from San Francisco, traveling solo, joining some friends on the ship. Spending some time in Paris and London before the cruise. First time on NCL and looking forward to the experience of a new cruise line (new to me!) and a new ship.

My name is Dave from San Francisco, traveling solo, joining some friends on the ship. Spending some time in Paris and London before the cruise. First time on NCL and looking forward to the experience of a new cruise line (new to me!) and a new ship.

Welcome Dave! I look forward to meeting you onboard. ESCAPE looks to be an awesome ship and hopefully we get a great group of guys for the LGBT gatherings. On a recent GETAWAY cruise they were well attended and a lot of fun.

Ernie