Getaway Illusionarium - I'm hearing things

DS is celiac and needs a gluten free meal. This show is one of the main reasons we picked GA over BA.

Do you think they would be able to fix his meal GF? Mainly concerned about the peppercorn sauce on the steaks, the coating on the shrimp and of course all of the desserts would be really dangerous for him.

Any one have to request a GF meal at the dinner shows?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I've done the GF meal on the Breakaway. It's basically the same, with no sauce on the steak, grilled shrimp instead of coconut, and I think only one of the desserts. I think they chose this particular menu because it's so easily adaptable. Your son should have no problem at all.

Make sure you contact the Access Desk before your cruise and let them know he needs GF meals. You'll want to meet with the maitre 'd each day to order his dinners for each day, but they take VERY good care of GF needs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just sailed on the Getaway a few weeks ago & had preferred seating to the Illusionarium show. We booked it online ahead of time & got the preferred seating. I thought the show was well worth the money and our meal was excellent. We were actually surprised because we had read otherwise. Our seats were very close to the stage & besides my beloved Orient Beach in St Martin it was the highlight of the cruise. I have heard that the ship was actually built around the theatre. It was unlike any show I have seen aboard a cruise ship.

I would highly recommend it and not wait to try to book it when you board because we spoke to other passengers who said they weren't able to get tickets....if you are a magic fan this is a must see at sea!! LOL

I just sailed on the Getaway a few weeks ago & had preferred seating to the Illusionarium show. We booked it online ahead of time & got the preferred seating. I thought the show was well worth the money and our meal was excellent. We were actually surprised because we had read otherwise. Our seats were very close to the stage & besides my beloved Orient Beach in St Martin it was the highlight of the cruise. I have heard that the ship was actually built around the theatre. It was unlike any show I have seen aboard a cruise ship.

I would highly recommend it and not wait to try to book it when you board because we spoke to other passengers who said they weren't able to get tickets....if you are a magic fan this is a must see at sea!! LOL

Really? I thought I had always read that there were enough shows held so that everyone on the ship had a chance to go. This is making me want to book. I definitely one I don't want to miss.

Yes, I've done the GF meal on the Breakaway. It's basically the same, with no sauce on the steak, grilled shrimp instead of coconut, and I think only one of the desserts. I think they chose this particular menu because it's so easily adaptable. Your son should have no problem at all.

Make sure you contact the Access Desk before your cruise and let them know he needs GF meals. You'll want to meet with the maitre 'd each day to order his dinners for each day, but they take VERY good care of GF needs.

Aixia I am so glad to read that you can get the steak and shrimp without pepper. I am allergic to black pepper and can usually get by with very small amounts without to many issues. If there is going to be heavy handed pepper I have taken Benadryl ahead of time but then by dessert I am doing a face plant in my plate.:eek: