The 'teaser' .......... French Polynesia

Tikiintahiti

This was taken a few years back when we were cruising in French Polynesia. The hotel is the Tahaa Island Resort, in the background is Mt Otemanu on Bora Bora. On the other side of the hotel between the motus is some of the very best snorkeling in French Polynesia. You jump in when the tide is coming in so the current pushes you along all while you gaze at the coral and colorful fish ........ incredible! The back drop while you snorkel isn't too bad either : )

BoraBora1of1-800_zps4c53b967.jpg

That's a lovely photo, Tiki. I've taken that amazing view a few times. The great thing about La Tahaa is you have the very best view of Bora Bora without all the hassle, plus better snorkelling, better beaches, better sightseeing and probably a better hotel than any of the ones on BB itself.

Edited by Fletcher

That's a lovely photo, Tiki. I've taken that amazing view a few times. The great thing about La Tahaa is you have the very best view of Bora Bora without all the hassle, plus better snorkelling, better beaches, better sightseeing and probably a better hotel than any of the ones on BB itself.

I love the resort location. People often don't know there is a boat shuttle that takes you over to Tahaa where there is a designed effort to keep to much tourism out other than a few places like the vanilla farm and pearl farm. There actually are a few very good places to eat on Tahaa and if you can rent a car (not many) you can still see much of the traditional Polynesia that hasn't been over built.

Hi, You are such a wealth of info, thanks. I will be on the Wind Spirit on a Tahiti cruise in early May, is the Tahaa Resort open for day passes and where do you catch the boat that takes you there? If you have any idea on price that would be most appreciated, I adore Relais de Chateau and this places looks like a dream. Thanks in advance. Susanne

I don't have an answer as far as if they allow day use. I would email the resort. The resort does have a shuttle that goes to the airport a few times a day, not sure if it goes to the main community on Raiatea but I would guess it does a few times a day, seems to me I remember seeing it when our ship was in port on Raiatea.

As I said, email the resort. The snorkeling that I pointed out is where many vendors take you to for the "drift snorkel".