Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I would not find this that impressive. This is an establishment they have at all the tourist traps. So now on a cruise ship? They make and keep their margaritas in those frozen mix containers and just pour them out like soda. Its about the name, not the quality of the drink since they are made pre-packaged and pre-mixed.

I just prefer to leave all the touristy and name brands on land when I cruise. I know Royal started it with Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. Nothing wrong with it but adding Margaritaville on a cruise ship is probably the least creative thing you can do. But I suppose when you are eating your Carlos cupcake you can drink your pre-made margarita :) What next? McDonalds and Burgerking? I like when cruise ships can be creative and create their own brands and lounge experience. But to each their own. Its a name brand and thats about it. But you can go anywhere to experience it. So its not that welcoming to me IMHO.

?

Agree completely.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I would not find this that impressive. This is an establishment they have at all the tourist traps. So now on a cruise ship? They make and keep their margaritas in those frozen mix containers and just pour them out like soda. Its about the name, not the quality of the drink since they are made pre-packaged and pre-mixed.

I just prefer to leave all the touristy and name brands on land when I cruise. I know Royal started it with Johnny Rockets and Starbucks. Nothing wrong with it but adding Margaritaville on a cruise ship is probably the least creative thing you can do. But I suppose when you are eating your Carlos cupcake you can drink your pre-made margarita :) What next? McDonalds and Burgerking? I like when cruise ships can be creative and create their own brands and lounge experience. But to each their own. Its a name brand and thats about it. But you can go anywhere to experience it. So its not that welcoming to me IMHO.

Blue Man coming to Escape? Is that just a crazy rumor? That would be stupid IMHO after Blue Man was performing almost 5 years on NCL's biggest ship. Can we get a little more creative?

Totally agree with you. Why not try to develop O'Sheeans to something really spectacular instead? Think about it. Maybe have franchises of O'Sheeans on shore, instead of the opposite. Be unique , be creative.

What's next step? A Hilton Hotel on Great Stirrup Cay?

A different type of slide(s) on Escape?

Looking at Andreas' Escape photos, especially #11, it shows a white cilinder shaped structure in the center of the staircase. Left is the front of the block/ship, right of the scaffolding is the place of the funnel.

Breakaway and Getaway don't have such a structure with their slide stairway.

See;

http://thecruiseaddict.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/norwegian_breakaway_4792.jpg

Also a nice bright yellow colour for the slide posts/structure?

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Totally agree with you. Why not try to develop O'Sheeans to something really spectacular instead? Think about it. Maybe have franchises of O'Sheeans on shore, instead of the opposite. Be unique , be creative.

What's next step? A Hilton Hotel on Great Stirrup Cay?

Its not a big deal but I agree not very creative. But if you think about it.......it has appeal for the first time cruiser. My first NCL cruise we walked off the ship and went to Margaritaville. If they are in lots of ports where the cruisers go, then why have one on the ship too. But new cruisers may not know this and think it is original.

I just love new concept ideas. I saw the new Royal ship that has the robot make hundreds of mixed cocktails. Now that is innovative and cool. A pre-made margarita from a spinning pour jug is not as exciting LOL ;)

When I first moved to Miami Beach in 1999, the city prevented corporate America from opening stores on Lincoln Road and Ocean Drive. They wanted to keep the original Miami Beach appeal. It was great to stroll down Lincoln Road and see local coffee shops and boutiques that made Miami Beach so special. Not long after there was a complete change and corporate America was allowed to open stores on Lincoln Road. The rents soared and the local stores no longer could make it. Today a stroll down Lincoln Road is like a trip to your local mall. The Gap, Banana Republic, Johnny Rockets, the Pottery Barn, etc. When I cruise I like to be reminded I am on a ship and at sea. I want to keep the touristy stuff off the ship because I know once we dock at the next land port it begins all over again.

No biggie though. I cant wait to see the entertainment features of Escape next.

I just love new concept ideas. I saw the new Royal ship that has the robot make hundreds of mixed cocktails. Now that is innovative and cool. A pre-made margarita from a spinning pour jug is not as exciting LOL ;)

I'm cruising on Quantum in a couple weeks to have a look for myself, but I'm under the impression that a lot of the so-called "innovations" onboard that ship are gimmicks for the sake of being different rather than actual improvements. The Bionic Bar has been nothing but problems. It's breaking down constantly, since before the handover, and when it does work it takes considerably longer than a real, live bartender to make a drink. Cool? I suppose that's subjective, but my idea of cool doesn't involve waiting for a machine that, if the stars align, MIGHT work and spit out a cocktail 15 minutes after I order it.

Regarding "Corporate America's" supposedly recent inclusion onboard cruise ships, I'd like to point out that prominent land-based companies have been operating on passenger ships for well over a century. The earliest example that comes to my mind is when Albert Ballin convinced Cesar Ritz to open up a Ritz-Carlton Restaurant onboard Hamburg America Line's SS Amerika in 1905. Other followed suit, and many classic passenger ships had outlets of famous shoreside stores, restaurants, etc. throughout the 20th century. The idea that somehow this is a modern trend that RCI started with Johnny Rockets and Starbucks overlooks that fact.

Coming from a buddy of mine who works for the Blue Man Group company and headquarters, they have cancelled their contract with NCL and do not plan to sign any new ones. Those involved with the show on EPIC were either let go or given positions with other Blue Man Group companies throughout the US.

Coming from a buddy of mine who works for the Blue Man Group company and headquarters, they have cancelled their contract with NCL and do not plan to sign any new ones. Those involved with the show on EPIC were either let go or given positions with other Blue Man Group companies throughout the US.

I enjoyed the show- saw it twice on the Epic and it was as good as the touring version and the NYC production.

I think having a Margarvitaville is like a gimmick. It might work in AC and Vegas but as far as I am concerned doesn't really add anything to a cruise ship. As someone said, what is next McDonalds or Burger King?

Although I admit I wouldn't mind a Chick Fil A at Sea!

We are working 24/7 to deliver Escape in time. Just took this pic at 7.30 PM Papenburg time.

eef8e2706b4150cc94b381877c48adf7.jpg

Were there any consequences for delivering Quantum slightly behind schedule? Hopefully Escape won't have any of those sorts of problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What a wonderful fount of information we have here! Thank you everyone for all of the updates.

I'm not a huge Buffet (parrot head) fan, but the music is at least rock(ish) and it might be a fun party bar. DH and I choose bars by whichever is closest when we feel like a cocktail. :rolleyes: And venues by whichever band/entertainers we would like to see. We barely notice the decor. :cool:

But there is no way we would give any money to a cruise line that would do business with Chick Fil A. Jess sayin'......:mad:.:(.;)

Does anyone know if this ship will have a waterpark or waterslides?

Not confirmed by NCL yet. But I am sure she will have slides and a waterpark as all newbuilds have them. The structure for some kind of slide is already in place on top of the megablock which was floated out.

Were there any consequences for delivering Quantum slightly behind schedule? Hopefully Escape won't have any of those sorts of problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, Escape is on schedule right now. What could become a serious problem would be a delayed delevery or river conveyance of Anthem.

Agree completely.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Me, Too. Love the music and all but really like new and different venue's when we cruise. Agreed, the drinks are not always fresh made like the great bartenders on NCL.

Won't keep me from cruising but now maybe the other bars will be less crowded.

Can't wait for this TA, seems so far off.

Lynda