Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I'm still trying to get an accurate reading of my room configuration (H6). The most recent pictures seem to confirm that based on what looks like a second door to the aft balcony (Configuration A), I guessed correctly when booking.

Deck 14 seems to be Configuration B.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

I'm still trying to get an accurate reading of my room configuration (H6). The most recent pictures seem to confirm that based on what looks like a second door to the aft balcony (Configuration A), I guessed correctly when booking.

Deck 14 seems to be Configuration B.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing?

I have deck 12 and I wanted Configuration B and just can't seem to figure out which deck is which in the pictures. :o My eyesight just won't let met figure it out. LOL

Hopefully we'll see more as time goes on.

1aaae8120f980e43c25cc8214f1da494.jpg

Great pics! Thank you for those.

Looks like one thing ESCAPE won't have that the "away" ships have are the windows built into the aft decks of The Waterfront. I thought that was sort of a fun feature on GETAWAY, looking down to the water below. The extra width of the ESCAPE hull means The Waterfront doesn't extend outward beyond the hull like it does on the "away" ships.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about on GETAWAY.

16385924915_cabd0f6fc1_b.jpg

I was born and raised in South Florida so I've never actually gotten to see snow lol. you lived in Denver? I hear it's really nice there, a bunch of friends are going to Denver instead of going on the cruise.

Going to Denver instead of going on a cruise??? Do they already have high altitude sickness??? Yeah, Denver was a great place to grow up but south Florida's weather totally agrees with me. DH grew up in Coral Gables and got to catch snow flakes in his mouth when I took him to visit my ole stoppin' ground (actually lived in Arvada, just west of Denver). No, give me a cruise any time, any where. My first visit to Miami was to go on the SS Norway in 1988. I was hooked.

Going to Denver instead of going on a cruise??? Do they already have high altitude sickness??? Yeah, Denver was a great place to grow up but south Florida's weather totally agrees with me. DH grew up in Coral Gables and got to catch snow flakes in his mouth when I took him to visit my ole stoppin' ground (actually lived in Arvada, just west of Denver). No, give me a cruise any time, any where. My first visit to Miami was to go on the SS Norway in 1988. I was hooked.

Let's just say they're going for what is now legal there lol

Let's just say they're going for what is now legal there lol

oh....you mean some 'Rocky Mountain high'? The high altitude will do the same thing and a lot cheaper......:D:D

I sure miss the Norway. What a fine ship she was, a true ocean liner. I was so lucky to have been on her twice. What a long way we've come, from the Norway to the Escape.....if I have my druthers, I'll always take a cruise.

Edited by Diver2014

I have deck 12 and I wanted Configuration B and just can't seem to figure out which deck is which in the pictures. :o My eyesight just won't let met figure it out. LOL

Hopefully we'll see more as time goes on.

What I did with the last pic is I saved it to the desktop then opened it. I zoomed in (it gets a bit pixelated).

My GUESS is that 10, 12, and 13 are Config A based on what looks like 2 doors by the balcony.

My GUESS is that 11, 14, and 15 are Config B based on what looks like a large bathroom/tub window by the balcony.

Deck 9 doesn't have enough completed, yet.

I stress that I am GUESSING on Escape at this point. :)

Looking at this pic of Getaway (JimZim's)...

Norwegian_Getaway_Aft_IMG_5390.JPG

The large H6 windows are on 9, 10, 12, and 13 (ignore the support pole on 9 and 12)

The doors are on 11 and 14 (Config A)

Hopefully, the next picture of the rear will reveal enough to reach a firm opinion.

I just noticed on this map of the Port Of Miami that the Main Channel is only 36 feet deep but the Escape is said to draw 38 feet. Anyone know if the channel was dredged since the 09/2014 Revised date of the PDF? :confused:

I believe the draught is 8m or 26.24 feet. So if that info is right, the main channel should be fine.

What do you mean by configuration A or configuration B?

The aft H6 suites have two configurations. One is with the bed tucked back behind the master bath which overlooks the balcony, aka configuration B. Configuration A is with the bedroom by the balcony with a second door from the bedroom out to the balcony. The master bath is then tucked back behind the master.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

This spreadsheet of the Breakaway gives pictures and a more indepth explanation of these two makeups as well as a great deal of info on all the other cabins on the two Away ships. Click on the X's at the end of each line to take you to the pictures.

Edited by tarps14

I just noticed on this map of the Port Of Miami that the Main Channel is only 36 feet deep but the Escape is said to draw 38 feet. Anyone know if the channel was dredged since the 09/2014 Revised date of the PDF? :confused:

Government Cut is being dredged at the moment and has been a work in progress for the past year. If you look at the Port of Miami webcam, you can see the yellow booms on the far side of the turning basin.

oh....you mean some 'Rocky Mountain high'? The high altitude will do the same thing and a lot cheaper......:D:D

I sure miss the Norway. What a fine ship she was, a true ocean liner. I was so lucky to have been on her twice. What a long way we've come, from the Norway to the Escape.....if I have my druthers, I'll always take a cruise.

I cruised on the Norway 3 times and 2 of those times, we hit hurricanes. Luckily, I don't get seasick!

My favorite memory of that ship is the long curved stairway down to the dining room which had "stars" on the ceiling. I made some wonderful friends on that ship. That was when they assigned seating. I was young and single. I really enjoyed my tablemates which ranged from other singles to a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary. It was so much fun to hear everyone's stories!

Though I love NCL's current dining system (assigned seating times can be hard), I think I'll miss some of the camaraderie. I'm looking forward to meeting fellowship CC'rs on this trip!

I cruised on the Norway 3 times and 2 of those times, we hit hurricanes. Luckily, I don't get seasick!

My favorite memory of that ship is the long curved stairway down to the dining room which had "stars" on the ceiling. I made some wonderful friends on that ship. That was when they assigned seating. I was young and single. I really enjoyed my tablemates which ranged from other singles to a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary. It was so much fun to hear everyone's stories!

Though I love NCL's current dining system (assigned seating times can be hard), I think I'll miss some of the camaraderie. I'm looking forward to meeting fellowship CC'rs on this trip!

Lol! Too funny! The DH and I cruised on the Norway the year we got married, 30 yrs ago! It was in September of that year and there was a tropical depression in the Gulf. We boarded the ship and were on one of the upper decks enjoying the view when a man in a suit walked up to us and asked us if we would mind witnessing a wedding. Apparently the couple were supposed to be married somewhere along the Gulf coast and the cruise was to be their honeymoon. Because of the storm, the wedding venue closed so they arranged a minister to marry them on the ship before we left Miami. There they are in a wedding dress and tux and the DH and I are in shorts. A memory we'll never forget. I really wish we had kept in touch with them.

What a cruise that was. The DH and I were on the open air promenade playing cards (because our inside cabin was wall-to-wall bed, i.e. tiny beyond belief) and up walks James Worthy (NBA player) asking if he can play cards with us. My DH is a sports nut so this was like the be-all end-all for him.

And, then, to top it all off, I was incredibly seasick that entire trip and I had never had problems with that in the past. Come to found out a few weeks later, it wasn't seasickness at all. I was pregnant!

Yes, we (and NCL) have come a long way. The Norway was such a beautiful ship, but, wow, what they offer now is so far beyond anything we could have imagined then!

What I did with the last pic is I saved it to the desktop then opened it. I zoomed in (it gets a bit pixelated).

My GUESS is that 10, 12, and 13 are Config A based on what looks like 2 doors by the balcony.

My GUESS is that 11, 14, and 15 are Config B based on what looks like a large bathroom/tub window by the balcony.

Deck 9 doesn't have enough completed, yet.

I stress that I am GUESSING on Escape at this point. :)

Looking at this pic of Getaway (JimZim's)...

Thanks, Two Wheels Only. I tried that too. Hopefully the next pictures will clear it up a bit. My TA is ready to make the change ASAP if we all picked wrong. LOL She knows it's a "thing" for me since I'm used to the Gem Haven configuration. It's the little things. :D (Plus, since I am now cruising solo, having a door in the bedroom isn't something of much use for me.)

I believe the draught is 8m or 26.24 feet. So if that info is right, the main channel should be fine.

Thanks. I was going by the NCL.UK web site http://www.ncl.co.uk/ships/norwegian-escape/ that lists the draft as 38 feet under ship specifications. That was the only listing I could find for Escape. The 8m seems correct for the two 'Away ships, but the 'Away+ draw more. Who knows what is right, just looked a bit interesting.

Edited by England Ray

Government Cut is being dredged at the moment and has been a work in progress for the past year. If you look at the Port of Miami webcam, you can see the yellow booms on the far side of the turning basin.

Many thanks Diver, that's very interesting.