Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

So, forgive me and my horrible inability to figure these things out lol... but are the large balcony mini-suites just forward of that green arm thing and just above the plastic tarped area? Like I think I can see the bones of the dividers between each balcony, but they aren't closed yet?

Spot on, those are the M6 category with large balconies and the framework for the balcony dividers is up but the actual walls/dividers are not in place.

Mine is the 7th the one back

It does not look like the BX frame works are up yet. The first two balconies on deck 8.

Spot on, those are the M6 category with large balconies and the framework for the balcony dividers is up but the actual walls/dividers are not in place.

Mine is the 7th the one back

It does not look like the BX frame works are up yet. The first two balconies on deck 8.

:D I am 9 back! Looks like room for a lounger :) and that was what I was wanting! :cool:

2 loungers and 2 chairs and a table - plenty of room

Yay! My only real complaint on the Pearl was having just chairs on the lanai. We'd pull up next to other ships and I'd see they had chairs that actually had a slight recline feature, or hammocks... And I would be jealous! We would just go up to deck 13 and find a lounger there, but it would have been so nice to just stay on our own balcony! Super excited!!

Edited by Kierste

We'll be in an aft PH on deck 10 on the Dec 12th 2015 sailing. From the pictures shown in previous posts, it seems obvious there is a typo on the NCL website about the sq. footage on the balconies. I looked at previous posts as much as I could on this thread, and it still seems we have no real conclusion about this subject. If so, I apologize for being redundant if I am mistaken.

We were in an aft PH on the GA, deck 9, which I also believe there were pics of, from at least the BA somewhere earlier in this thread. I'll be happy to post about it when we return from our cruise. But judging from even the size of a human body against the vessel, it seems more like 178, or even possible 278 sq. ft. The deck 9 balcony on the GA was 409 sq. ft! and the side by side comparison photo of the afts of Escape and GA didn't look to be drastically different to me, if maybe a bit shallower as previously discussed.

We'll be in an aft PH on deck 10 on the Dec 12th 2015 sailing. From the pictures shown in previous posts, it seems obvious there is a typo on the NCL website about the sq. footage on the balconies. I looked at previous posts as much as I could on this thread, and it still seems we have no real conclusion about this subject. If so, I apologize for being redundant if I am mistaken.

We're all guessing on the size and configurations of the H6s on Escape. We figure that since there is no support pole visible at this point, none are as deep as 9 and 12 on BA/GA.

I was booked on the Epic in 2013 for a Nov cruise out of Miami, but sadly had to cancel due to family health issues here at home. I have cruised since, and will do another in October on another cruiseline, but have not been able to get NCL Freestyle, as well as solo suites out of my bucket list:) Escape is tops on my list for 2016! Breakaway and Getaway too are up there on my list:)

Have spent the last day reading through all 95 pages! Hoping to do a New Years 2017 (yes 2017) cruise. This would be our 4th, dd 1st and mil 1st. We are going to greatly enjoy watching all the reviews come in!

question- balcony or mini suite? will be a 3 year old and 2 adults. Have been in a balcony on Carnival but not NCL. Trying to decide if the extra $$ is worth it.

Have spent the last day reading through all 95 pages! Hoping to do a New Years 2017 (yes 2017) cruise. This would be our 4th, dd 1st and mil 1st. We are going to greatly enjoy watching all the reviews come in!

question- balcony or mini suite? will be a 3 year old and 2 adults. Have been in a balcony on Carnival but not NCL. Trying to decide if the extra $$ is worth it.

There's not much difference between a balcony and a mini suite

I would go with the mini-suite, strictly for the larger bathroom. Also, if you book a family mini-suite, you will have a bathtub. Might come in handy with the little one!

Edited by SissasMomE

I would go with the mini-suite, strictly for the larger bathroom. Also, if you book a family mini-suite, you will have a bathtub. Might come in handy with the little one!

Plus location, closer to pool deck and family activities. Although the new Guppies Nursery (6 months - 3 years) is on deck 5.

Some mini suites, the M6 for example, have larger balconies, larger than most Haven balconies. Those might be worth the extra $ to some.

B6 balconies are the largest non aft Balcony rooms.

Another difference from Breakaway and Getaway is that the awning over the Waterfront on deck 8 (highlighted in red) does not extend around the aft balconies.

awning_zps5276qxjp.jpg

The awning used to minimally obscure the view from the aft balconies on the earlier ships, especially those on deck 9.

ScreenShot2014-11-15at92034AM_zps06c09990.png

DSC_6877_zpsc07c5564.jpg

Escape will also have the same configuration of three 3 mw Brunvoll bow thrusters as Breakaway and Getaway, which is odd considering how much more sail area she's adding with those extra decks. Quantum is roughly the same size as Escape, but has 50% more power with four 3.5 mw units. I hope Escape will behave with strong gusts! :eek::p

chocks_zpsziavhoyg.jpg

So they changed that from top decks towards the lowest ones, interesting.

And the room is quite a bit larger, perhaps that is why. I read some muted complaints about the size of Splash Academy on the Away's