Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Anyone that knows more than me know where the Penthouse Suites are? And if so, has the ability to mark them. It will be my first time in a suite and I'm not sure where they're located. I know it's on deck 17 LOL

Edit: I think I found them!

Thanks!

Harriet

Follow the deck a few feet after the bridge, go up to the blue tarp with the green tape window things one deck up. Right above that is a penthouse, the blue window is the bathroom (IIRC) and next to that is the balcony, etc etc.

Two decks of them, above of that is a brownish bumped out thing which are the new hot tubs.

I was looking at days when we were on the cruise rather than the wider picture and the obvious dates would be setting off on 29 October Halloween on 31 October or 5 November. Entirely accept the difficulty of fireworks on a cruise ship and the fact that they may well be more trouble than they are worth..

I hadn't seen it either, but then I saw a video and Howl at the Moon was in the video, so I was curious if anyone knew. I hope they do bring it back.

This was discussed a few pages back in this thread. It's understood that the Escape won't have Howl at The Moon. There was a video NOT made by NCL that a fan posted that shows Howl, but nothing from NCL.

15pna4j.jpg

Where is my balcony???? Booked in 10116 and if I am counting right it looks as if the door opens into a void. Now I realize that Escapes balconies are smaller but this is ridiculous :D

It looks like 11-14th floor has the true escape balcony's.

15pna4j.jpg

Where is my balcony???? Booked in 10116 and if I am counting right it looks as if the door opens into a void. Now I realize that Escapes balconies are smaller but this is ridiculous :D

It looks like 11-14th floor has the true escape balcony's.

I think its just the angle of the picture. I'm sure you have a standard NCL balconette. ;)

Balconette? That's funny. I had a balconette on the Getaway. I enjoyed it anyway after figuring out how to arrange the furniture to have my coffee and snacks out there.:D

So, I haven't studied the layout of the ship much yet, but can y'all help me with how to count floors? What floor is the one with the bluish tinted windows?

The lowest balconies are on deck 8

So the blue windows start at deck 16, then 17 and 18

Thank y'all! Wow! I now see how massive this ship is and see how far up deck 13 is. Not to mention how far back my room will be. Oh well, at least I'll burn off all the calories I'm sure to consume:D

Balconette? That's funny. I had a balconette on the Getaway. I enjoyed it anyway after figuring out how to arrange the furniture to have my coffee and snacks out there.:D

After having an angled balcony on Epic, we definitely noticed that the angled balcony on Breakaway was smaller. Still loved it! Book early for an angled balcony to avoid the balconette. :):):)

I am looking to book an independent excursion in St. Thomas in November. Our ship is docked from 8am-6pm. One tour I looked at starts at 9am. The local company explained that in November St. Thomas will be on Atlantic time, which is 1 hour ahead of EST.

I am assuming this 8-6 time will be ship's time, or EST, so I will not be able to book this tour, since it will begin at the same time we dock. Am I correct on this?....:cool:

I am looking to book an independent excursion in St. Thomas in November. Our ship is docked from 8am-6pm. One tour I looked at starts at 9am. The local company explained that in November St. Thomas will be on Atlantic time, which is 1 hour ahead of EST.

I am assuming this 8-6 time will be ship's time, or EST, so I will not be able to book this tour, since it will begin at the same time we dock. Am I correct on this?....:cool:

What's the name of the "local company"?

Do you really think they would risk their reputation by giving you bad information? We have found that "locals" go out of their way to make future business. If you wish, check with Trip Adviser for more information.

I would guess they will be waiting for you, as they can see the ship arrive.

Edited by sun_seeker

If the ship docks at 8 and the tour is at 9, then you can make the tour. The ship will be on the same time as the island, as clocks will be changed prior to docking.

If you think about it, that makes sense. The tour company isn't going to make a whole heck of a lot of money if no one can go on the tour because the ship hasn't arrived. :rolleyes:

What's the name of the "local company"?

Do you really think they would risk their reputation by giving you bad information? We have found that "locals" go out of their way to make future business. If you wish, check with Trip Adviser for more information.

I would guess they will be waiting for you, as they can see the ship arrive.

No- I believe they told me that to be clear, so that I wouldn't book the tour if I couldn't make it. They told me to check to see if our port time was EST or local time (Atlantic). So that is the information I am seeking.