Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Second BehindTheScenes video by Andy Stuart has been posted to NCL's Facebook timeline:

That is another good glimpse of Margaritaville, and it confirms that it is the same set up as the Flamingo Grill. You can clearly see the buffet stations at the far end.

Great, thanks. Saw a 23.6 knots on the first leg. I do recall Barnacle said something about the (non) accuracy of those speeds but it's a lot of fun to watch!

Yes it is. If Barnacle said it, it's true. Interesting to read his posts. He is a wealth of knowledge. Are you on the TA ? Have a great voyage ! Unfortunately I cannot be on her until next August. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Yes it is. If Barnacle said it, it's true. Interesting to read his posts. He is a wealth of knowledge. Unfortunately I cannot be on her until next August. Gerry

Well, my 3day is getting near but it's sooo short hehe. You'll have the better knowledge of her decks, tips and secrets when you board! :)

Subscribed! Also on the TA!:D

11850401_162334660776403_4567636_n.jpg

Is this an actual picture from the ship or an artist rendering? The ceiling makes me think of the ceiling in the dining room of the old SS Norway-- that one was deep blue with "stars." ....still one of my favorite cruising memories :)

Well, not quite. There's an obstruction in the Solent known as Bramble Bank near the Isle of Wight. It's right in the middle of the shipping channel, but no matter how much dredging is done, sediment continues to accumulate there. Ships arriving and departing from Southampton have to execute a series of tight turns (similar to an "S" shape) to sail around the Brambles.

Thank you Barnacle [emoji4]

Your technical interpretation is excellent as always! My description may have had something to do with quaffing the bottle of champagne in our room at the time of said turns - they were indeed tight with one distinctly being a hard left!

Hello everyone. Been fallowing and reading this thread for a while now.

Need opinion from expert :cool:

Booked our room back in March of last year, at the time that a BX was a choice of 4 stateroom only for this ship. We chose stateroom 8110 for a February 2016 cruise.

There were lot's of saying about whether or not the balcony would be extended on the Escape, as it is the case on the Getaway/Breakaway .. if i am not mistaking.

From the look of picture and video, to me, it looks like 8110 , very first stateroom on deck 8, would have a big balcony :confused: Yes, no ? Either way i will not complain because i really had an unbelievable price that was almost the same price as in inside, since the location , i was told, could be so-so.

But with a big balcony, i will bring ear plug and dramanine and i will be the very most happy camper on that ship :)

Thanks everyone