Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

From what I understand, they are making Spice H2O adults only both day and night, unlike the Aways which are adults only during the day. Correct? So it will theoretically be a nightclub at night. But Skyline Bar replaces Bliss, which is a nightclub. So will there be no indoor nightclub? I'm not sure I like that, if that's the case.:(

Could you elaborate on item 16? The entrances to Savor and Taste are already curved on Breakaway/Getaway.

I'm going strictly by the deck plan on this one.

ESCAPE deck plan shows a rounded facade on Savor & Taste leading into Mixx.

GETAWAY deck plan shows a flat facade in the same area.

How it will actually differ is anyones guess.

The deck plan also shows the Mixx Bar as oval on GETAWAY and we know that is not the case, so they are not always accurate.

Ernie

GETAWAY Deck 6 Deck Plan

16234345127_0740de440d_o.png

ESCAPE Deck 6 Deck Plan

16232853040_95a89695b3_o.png

Edited by eroller

From what I understand, they are making Spice H2O adults only both day and night, unlike the Aways which are adults only during the day. Correct? So it will theoretically be a nightclub at night. But Skyline Bar replaces Bliss, which is a nightclub. So will there be no indoor nightclub? I'm not sure I like that, if that's the case.:(

I agree with you 100%. I'm hoping, and indeed expect, that there will be an indoor area that will be designated for DJ music, at least some nights. The weather in the Caribbean should be good for outdoor dancing most nights on Escape, but there will always be nights where it rains, or perhaps where it is just too muggy and people will be looking for a place to dance indoors.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85

The Escape deck plan for this area on deck 6 reflects how Breakaway/Getaway were built.

Appears that way. Like I said the deck plans are not always accurate, and not very detailed in the case of NCL.

eroller, first I also want to thank you for what all you have put together, the information is fantastic!!!

From what anyone can tell which deck would have the largest H5 Corner Aft Haven Suite. They are all so different. While I like the Courtyard I am not impressed with the way too tiny balconies. Been there done that and want to go back to the aft :D

eroller, first I also want to thank you for what all you have put together, the information is fantastic!!!

From what anyone can tell which deck would have the largest H5 Corner Aft Haven Suite. They are all so different. While I like the Courtyard I am not impressed with the way too tiny balconies. Been there done that and want to go back to the aft :D

You're welcome Lisa!

I took this photo of the aft end of GETAWAY. I assume ESCAPE will be exactly the same except one additional deck.

Best I can tell all the aft corner balconies are the same size regardless of deck. I was able to tour 9316 on GETAWAY and it was lovely with a very large balcony.

Good luck!

Ernie

15765910103_ff616188b1_b.jpg

Edited by eroller

H5 are Courtyard Penthouses. H6 are Aft Penthouses.

I assume ESCAPE will be exactly the same except one additional deck. Best I can tell all the aft corner balconies are the same size regardless of deck.

No. H6 balconies vary in size by deck. The order from largest to smallest is 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. I've stayed in H6 penthouses on deck 9 and 11. While both balconies were huge, there was definitely a noticeable difference between the two. Since this isn't linear, it's not clear what the order will be on Escape just yet.

Edited by barnacle_boy

H5 are Courtyard Penthouses. H6 are Aft Penthouses.

No. H6 balconies vary in size by deck. The order from largest to smallest is 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. I've stayed in H6 penthouses on deck 9 and 11. While both balconies were huge, there was definitely a noticeable difference between the two. Since this isn't linear, it's not clear what the order will be on Escape just yet.

They sure don't look any different looking at the photo.

One thing with the Deck 9 aft balconies is you have the ceiling of The Waterfront extending out from your balcony. Something to consider.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by eroller

They sure don't look any different looking at the photo.

One thing with the Deck 9 aft balconies is you have the ceiling of The Waterfront extending out from your balcony. Something to consider.

Try these photos then :)

DSC_6848_zpse5d93e19.jpg

DSC_6173_zps657a75d7.jpg

The covering over the waterfront isn't particularly obtrusive.

DSC_6877_zps13f3af2a.jpg

DSC_6913_zps3c8a6405.jpg

Here's a stern photo of the Getaway taken during our January 17th cruise. Best cruise ever :)

e6194e2f-9f1d-4acc-b2db-952693b30952_zpswyjd6e68.jpg

Here is photo of Getaway 9920 balcony. This stateroom has bed by closet, not our preference. Would probably do a deck 11 bed by balcony stern facing next time.

6510cbfd-f3d8-417a-9feb-4d448f9866d8_zpsndxh6fed.jpg

Glad to see all the info coming out on Escape. Glad to see they are bring back the tiers in Spice H20 for the Escape- liked that area better on Epic than Getaway.

I see an Escape cruise in our future - or lol an almost back to back Escape / Getaway combination. Flying to Miami from Oregon adds $$$ to our cruise costs so probably makes sense to do a combination :)

Edited by kjquilts
addition

Those photos paint a clearer picture. The additional balcony space is not because the balcony extends further over the side of the ship, but because it extends further into the superstructure of the ship which is difficult to see from exterior photos.

I'm sure Lisa will appreciate the clarity of your pics, and it will help her choose the right cabin.

The Waterfront overhang isn't too bad. I wouldn't be bothered by it but some might.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry I did mean H6, good information!! Thanks barnacle_boy :) I am leaning toward 9318 the deck 11 balcony does look smaller but what about the cabin size. I know the deck plans can be misleading but it appears the cabins itself larger on deck 11. :confused:

Does anyone know what the small white space is between cabins? Anyone know about this configuration (Is it longer than regular cabins)?

Is there a stairway near here or would I have to walk all the way mid ship to go up?

I thought deck 9 all the way forward would be better then deck 5 but I have been very wrong in the past. On my last cruise I think I picked the worst cabin on the whole ship and I want to make sure this time it is nice and quiet with no supply closets next door or noisy things underneath!

Any input about this location?

1106132753_deck9.JPG.90324d7d8b033eddeb4932baafe86c0f.JPG

1090778460_deck8.jpg.f2c4f55c89e25e887d2b846a3b4d1c38.jpg

Edited by kimkencruzers

Sorry I did mean H6, good information!! Thanks barnacle_boy :) I am leaning toward 9318 the deck 11 balcony does look smaller but what about the cabin size. I know the deck plans can be misleading but it appears the cabins itself larger on deck 11. :confused:

I started a photo review and comparison here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2052504

I never finished since other commitments came up, but I might finish it at some point. That depends on some variables that are beyond my control. The H6 on deck 11 feels larger because the bedroom is adjacent to the balcony instead of the master bath.

In other words, choose deck 9 if you want a larger bathroom with a view of a larger balcony. Choose deck 11 if you want a larger bedroom with a view of a slightly smaller balcony. Keep in mind however, that this might all change with Escape. Only time will tell, so it's very much a "pig in a poke" sort of situation at the moment.

Edited by barnacle_boy

I started a photo review and comparison here: http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2052504

I never finished since other commitments came up, but I might finish it at some point. That depends on some variables that are beyond my control. The H6 on deck 11 feels larger because the bedroom is adjacent to the balcony instead of the master bath.

In other words, choose deck 9 if you want a larger bathroom with a view of a larger balcony. Choose deck 11 if you want a larger bedroom with a view of a slightly smaller balcony. Keep in mind however, that this might all change with Escape. Only time will tell, so it's very much a "pig in a poke" sort of situation at the moment.

Thanks :D I totally understand thing can change with the New Escape but think you are right with the deck 9. I do love the bathroom larger bathroom :)

Does anyone know what the small white space is between cabins?

Also, dumb question, but there are other cabins below 9700 on deck 8? The boat is angled as it goes up so 9700 is not above the white space but the other cabins?

9700 should be above an access point (not the area itself, just a corridor) to the crew bar and helipad on deck 8 forward. I stayed in a forward penthouse on deck 11 and didn't hear anything, but deck 9 is right above the action so perhaps things are different.

The white space between cabins is probably a storage closet, but I don't know for sure.

9700 should be above an access point (not the area itself, just a corridor) to the crew bar and helipad on deck 8 forward. I stayed in a forward penthouse on deck 11 and didn't hear anything, but deck 9 is right above the action so perhaps things are different.

The white space between cabins is probably a storage closet, but I don't know for sure.

Thanks.. I cannot be near any more corridors.. ughh.. I would rather be midship and on 5 so I guess I will change my cabin.

No sushi? :( :( :(
Food Republic description says it will have sushi. It will be interesting to see the selection.

I just assumed the Skyline Bar is going to be a nightclub. No?