LIMEageddon

charlie52

Just bought a lime and a lemon today at Publix. The lime was 30 cents and the lemon was 69 cents. Ouch! ( limes are often 10 for 1$)

Our up in Boston are usually 3 for $1.... Yesterday I paid 66 cents for 1.... oh but was it worth it :p

I just spoke to a Celebrity Customer Relations Rep and she emailed the Silhouette to find out about the lime situation. The ship emailed her back saying they did not have any limes on the current sailing and that we could not bring our own due to customs regulations. She did not say if they would have any by next week.

I just spoke to a Celebrity Customer Relations Rep and she emailed the Silhouette to find out about the lime situation. The ship emailed her back saying they did not have any limes on the current sailing and that we could not bring our own due to customs regulations. She did not say if they would have any by next week.

I'd be very surprised if they allow the Limes to be brought onboard. An earlier post also confirms this. IMO, I wouldnt waste your time.

I'd be very surprised if they allow the Limes to be brought onboard. An earlier post also confirms this. IMO, I wouldnt waste your time.

Can you elaborate? Neither limes nor any food times appear on Celebrity's restricted items list. I don't know what the comment about customs is about - customs of what jurisdiction? U.S customs is only concerned with food entering the country not leaving it. I don't recall any customs checkpoint boarding the ship. :confused:

Edited by wpgcycler

We're going on a TA later this month out of Ft. Lauderdale, and I'm going to bring 5-6 limes on board, just in case. I can't imagine security confiscating them. :confused:

Edited by Wine-O

We're going on a TA later this month out of Ft. Lauderdale, and I'm going to bring 5-6 limes on board, just in case. I can't imagine security confiscating them. :confused:

I doubt they will confiscate them but you probably won't be able to use them at a bar to make a drink. I am sure personal use on a corona won't be noticed.

I doubt they will confiscate them but you probably won't be able to use them at a bar to make a drink. I am sure personal use on a corona won't be noticed.

I was thinking about my stateroom bloody marys, if they don't confiscate my pen knife when I board. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

We sail Monday on the Equinox TA -- does anyone know if limes have re-appeared onboard yet. Just in case, I'm bringing some with us. A Tanqueray & Tonic with lemon is blasphemy!

We sail Monday on the Equinox TA -- does anyone know if limes have re-appeared onboard yet. Just in case, I'm bringing some with us. A Tanqueray & Tonic with lemon is blasphemy!

We're on Constellation TA sailing out of FFL about a week after you. It would be nice to know if they have limes in their provisions, otherwise, I'll bring some with me. ;)

So I sent the question of "lime supply" on the Equinox for the upcoming TA leaving on Monday -- here is the response:

Good Evening,

I have checked on this question with the Head of the relevant department on our ship, and we should be absolutely fine with our stocks.

If I can be of any other assistance, please let me know.

Looking forward to meeting You !

Kind regards,

Milica Stankovic

Michael's Club Concierge

Celebrity Equinox®

We're on Constellation TA sailing out of FFL about a week after you. It would be nice to know if they have limes in their provisions, otherwise, I'll bring some with me. ;)

I'll be on the two sailings previous to your TA. I'll report back here after I board on Monday. However, keep in mind that those of us on the previous sailings may run them out of any stock they may have! :D