Dolphin swim & snorkel at Anthony's thru NCL

bermudafan8

:confused:

Just wondering if anyone has done the Dolphin swim and snorkel at Anthony's thru NCL recently.

I am getting conflicting information and am hoping fellow CC members can help. I have posted this on the port site as well.

Here are a few questions...

-Are cameras allowed during either portion of this excursion?

-Are guests allowed to wear sun protection such as hats and sunglasses?

-If so, is there an opportunity to put the hats / sunglasses on dry land before the snorkel portion?

-Is there an area to lock up purses etc? and if so, how large are the lockers etc?

-Is there an area for changing into dry clothes after the excursion?

-Is there an optional photo cd for purchase afterwards?

-Should surfshoes be worn during the first portion of the excursion? is the beach rocky etc.

Thank you in advance...

bermudafan8

As we did this excursion recently , I will try to answer.

Yes, there is a point you can use your camera. It is unlike and better than any "swim with dolphins excursion" I have ever done. Do not know about their pictures as others in family checked that out. Did not need water shoes at any time. Yes, they have showers lockers and changing rooms. No one in our group changed as we just were going back to the ship. I would recommend that you take advantage of the swim vests as water is over your head and that allows you to relax and interact with dolphins. Snorkeling is good even if there were no dolphins present. All in all an excellent excursion!

I have a quetion about this that has been nagging me for awhile. Is this actually AT Anthony Keys or at Maya Key? I know Anthonys owns Maya Key and Maya Key has a swim there. So, I have always wondered if this is the same thing?

I have a quetion about this that has been nagging me for awhile. Is this actually AT Anthony Keys or at Maya Key? I know Anthonys owns Maya Key and Maya Key has a swim there. So, I have always wondered if this is the same thing?

It's at the large Dolphin pens at Anthony Key Resort on the other side of the island...

Did not know they had Dolphins at Maya Key. (probably would have gone there instead of Anthony's Key and Tabyana)

Will be there in 8 days to experience firsthand.

It's at the large Dolphin pens at Anthony Key Resort on the other side of the island...

Did not know they had Dolphins at Maya Key. (probably would have gone there instead of Anthony's Key and Tabyana)

Will be there in 8 days to experience firsthand.

I did know that Anthony Key had the dolphin swim there (have looked it up once and seen pictures), but wondered if it was at Maya Key as well since they own it also.

I'm honestly not sure if Maya Key has a dolphin swim or not. I know that I remember reading something about shark swims and the sea lions there, but there's some pretty huge pens out in the water and then smaller pens up close to shore. I guess I just assumed the large area that runs along the deck were for dolphins. :o But now that I think about it, I don't remember anyone swimming with anything in that area or seeing any "fins". So I'm probably wrong. :p

Hi there,

I wanted to ask your opinion on a dolphin swim. I always appreciate your comments, etc. Have you ever been on a swim in St. Martin, St. Thomas or Nassau? I hope you can throw some advice my way. Thanks!

Hi there,

I wanted to ask your opinion on a dolphin swim. I always appreciate your comments, etc. Have you ever been on a swim in St. Martin, St. Thomas or Nassau? I hope you can throw some advice my way. Thanks!

Sorry, I haven't. I have only done the swims at Chankanaab in Cozumel. I have found that every other place we have ever checked in to, the prices are extremely too high.

Hopefully someone else has done them at any of the ports and can answer your question.