Oasis 3/22-29/14, so, so writing, pretty good pictures, very pretty girls!

DAY 3 CON'T

BREAKING NEWS....BREAKING NEWS....BREAKING NEWS...

So there i was sitting down near the Trellis Bar enjoying an Adult Beverage in Central Park during a beautiful afternoon and I turned around to look at some of the landscape and I found them! THE CENTRAL PARK GNOMES!!

CentralParkGnomes_zps2a505b6f.jpg

I hear legend has it that they were placed there by some of the original staff of the Oasis...

Oh, they are so cute and much nicer than the Central Park Rangers who are on Santa's naughty list! Our family loves ELF and we watch it every year during the Christmas season. SO I gave you all a hint on the location of these elusive character's...can I get a few posts of following?

Thanks in advance:)

So I finished my Adult Beverage and then went to see the Frozen In Ice show.

What a good show, entertaining, good skating, and a lot of fun. I missed the Ice show while on the Allure last year and made sure to make this show. Everyone should make a point to see the show fun for all ages!!

iceshow1_zpsc0ba800c.jpg

iceshow3_zps8fe0daf8.jpg

iceshow4_zpse268b7cb.jpg

iceshowsandart_zps2d1a6edd.jpg

SAND ART DURING FROZEN IN TIME

I love this stuff, since I saw this on (I think) America's Got Talent

That first sunrise picture in the set has got to be one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen!

Thanks emed2010

sometimes you get a good shot.

By the way, how do you link your review in your post?

Thanks

Caneguy

Looking forward to more

Thanks Imares1968 keep reading and looking at the pictures. tell me if you like the review

My email is isaaxmisc at bellsouth dot net. I would live your travel agent info as well. Our last two cruises have been with my parent's travel agent (parents are paying), but he seems to do as little as possible. I'm the one who researched their past cruises to get them benefits and a lot of other things. I would love a referral of an agent that I feel is really happy to do their job. Thanks!! Hoping to catch up on your review today!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't see anyone going "nuts." I'm a mom and when there is a subject line as it was - well - I cringed. That was my reaction. However, the OP explained later that he received permission from the young ladies in question to post their photos, etc.

I completely agree with you & I don't even have daughters.

Permission or not, I do find the photos gratuitous additions to an otherwise lovely review.

Two things...now I'm caught up so I can't wait for more!!!

Also, I'm a 44 year mom of 3 girls ages 9, 9, and 11 (yes, twins.....surprise!!), and am in no way offended by the review's title or pictures. Those girls are absolutely beautiful and everyone looks like they are having a great time! I actually started reading the review hoping that it was a western cruise to get ideas on ports, but I'm continuing to read it even though I have no plans to go on the oasis or the eastern route anytime soon, but just because your review is so entertaining!!!

If you're offended, no one's forcing you to read it!

Edited by mickev99

Also, I'm a 44 year mom of 3 girls ages 9, 9, and 11 (yes, twins.....surprise!!), and am in no way offended by the review's title or pictures. Those girls are absolutely beautiful and everyone looks like they are having a great time! I actually started reading the review hoping that it was a western cruise to get ideas on ports, but I'm continuing to read it even though I have no plans to go on the oasis or the eastern route anytime soon, but just because your review is so entertaining!!!

Well said.

Well said! People knew what to expect when they opened the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks emed2010

sometimes you get a good shot.

By the way, how do you link your review in your post?

Thanks

Caneguy

Hi Caneguy! Just click on the post number (i.e. #1). That will bring up the first post of your review. Copy the URL and paste it into your signature. Hope that helps!

DAY 3 CON'T

For dinner this evening we went to Giovanni's for dinner. I think this is one of the best values for a specialty restaurant on the Oasis (but I only recommend Giovanni's if you can go with a group of 6 or more people) It is a family style restaurant and almost all the the dishes are wonderful. You may order as many appetizer's, salads, pasta's as you want and one entree'. The portions are very large and it makes for sharing and tasting as many dishes. For your viewing pleasure are some of the dishes we had that evening. I am sorry but forgot to take pictures of the amazing deserts offered for our tasting pleasure. The best being the Tiramisu!!

readyforourdiineratgiovannis_zpsba37e459.jpg

HERE WE ARE AT GIOVANNI'S

That's me, the old guy between my wife and our friend's daughter. Yes I know what all of you are thinking, that I too was a model and you are RIGHT! I used to be the "before" guy in "before and after pictures".

bakedmozzarellawrappedinproscuitto_zps6afb532d.jpg

MOZZAARELLA WRAPPED PROSCUTTO

THIS WAS MUCH LARGER BUT WE STARTED EATING BEFORE I REMEMBERED TO TAKE A PICTURE

freshmozzarellaappgiovannis_zpsb081bd58.jpg

FRESH CAPRESE SALAD, again a larger portion, but stated to eat

bakedscallopsappgiovannis_zps14374fed.jpg

BAKED SCALLOPS

Pennepastawithvolkasaucedinneratgiovannis_zps415392aa.jpg

PENNE PASTA WITH VODKA SAUCE

pappardellepastadinneratgiovannis_zps41b2afef.jpg

PAPPARDELLE PASTA

DINNER AT GIOVANNI'S CON'T

Lambchopswithmashedpotatodinneratgiovannis_zps4caefc1e.jpg

LAMB CHOPS, AN AMAZING DISH

chickenwthreducedbalsamicdinneratgiovannis_zpsb861814a.jpg

CHICKEN WITH MASHED POTATO

shrimpdinneratgiovannis_zps2f3809cd.jpg

SHRIMP WITH VEG. ALSO AN AMAZING DISH

Again you end the dinner with a selection of deserts and are all very good, BUT GET THE TIRAMISU!!!

After dinner my friend and I went to watch the Love and Marriage game. I love that show, I know that they ask the same questions almost every time, but I get a kick our of the answers given by the "chosen participants". There is always one answer that "blows away the audience!

Well that ends day 3 on the wonderful Oasis of the Seas. I am a little tired after my day yesterday and last night so it is good night. Day 4, St. Thomas, Ritz Carlton St. Thomas and Chops for dinner. Of course many more pictures to come!!

DAY 3 CON'T

BREAKING NEWS....BREAKING NEWS....BREAKING NEWS...

So there i was sitting down near the Trellis Bar enjoying an Adult Beverage in Central Park during a beautiful afternoon and I turned around to look at some of the landscape and I found them! THE CENTRAL PARK GNOMES!!

CentralParkGnomes_zps2a505b6f.jpg

I hear legend has it that they were placed there by some of the original staff of the Oasis...

I'm happy they put these guys back. After I found them on my trip in October other reviewers said they had been removed. It also looks like Garry's friend finally has a name.

The story goes... On the inaugural sailing of Oasis there was an officer on the ship named Garry. When his contract ended he wanted to leave something behind. He took this gnome and hid it in the foliage of Central Park.

I don't know where Ranznor came from...

IMG_1496_zps6e7bfdcb.jpg

Nice review. Some of your food pics and the large pics around the ship at different times are fantastic. Love your sense of humour. Your camera work is very good. Thank you for taking the time. It does take a lot of time!

I think you have a bit of everything for everyone ;)

Your review is wonderful, especially since we will boarding for the Eastern route in 5 weeks. Thank you for the gorgeous photos, which are some of the best I've seen, as well as the compasses. I'm also enjoying the running commentary on the politically correct nature of the photos. You have handled it like the true gentleman I'm sure you are.

oooooh, neat idea. I'll have to try this on a future cruise. So far, my attempts at zoom photos haven't turned out too well, but practice makes perfect, right?

Hi Karen,

yes I got lucky on this one. Used a zoom with a ND filter. Had read about ND filters on how they allow you to slow shutter speed and keep exposure so I bought one thinking of doing this shot. Took about 5 and these came out the best. Have fun taking pictures!!

Caneguy

I'm thoroughly enjoying this!

Great shots, and a nice breezy writing style.

As some others have noted, I'm a bit puzzled at the discomfort some seem to have with pretty girls. None of the pictures have been in any way gratuitous. No swimsuits or slinky gowns in evidence.

While certainly, exploitation and crassness abound in this world, that doesn't mean that we should stop appreciating (and indeed celebrating) beauty, wherever we find it.

Great job with this!

This has been a great review (and the two beautiful girls didn't hurt!!). Thanks.

I didn't think you would mind my sharing part of your wisdom on my Carnival Pride roll call board. I gave you credit. Now your fame has spread. Here's what I wrote:

"With a tip of the hat to Caneguy on the RCCL board, let's all benefit from his great wisdom. I'm sure he won't mind. :D Kathy

"Perhaps the most important part of pre-cruise planning is the anticipation of the increased calories consumed on a daily basis above what we eat while not on a cruise. So most people diet in anticipation of the increase weight gain. WRONG!!! What do marathon runners do prior to running in a marathon? Right, they run more to train themselves for the demand that a marathon places on the body. SO, what someone should really do is start to eat more every day starting about two weeks prior to departure to acclimate the gastrointestinal track for the increased demand placed on the digestive system while on a cruise!"

Thanks petesweet, Kathy... That is just what I do:)

You may use any of my ideas and wisdom (that is in a limited suppy) any time

Caneguy

OP - thanks for the explanation. My mom instinct feels better now. Absolutely great photos. You're a wonderful photographer!

Thanks so much for the compliment! Glad you are enjoying the review.

Day 4 to be posted tonight.

Caneguy, once again great job on this review.

You do not need to apologize to anyone on here. Almost every photo review has some pictures of people in bathing suits and/or girls in bikinis. So why are a few people going nuts now? Who cares.

And you definitely do not need to apologize for misspelling "Sydney".

Thanks Yorkvillain for following along and really enjoying the review.

I'm happy they put these guys back. After I found them on my trip in October other reviewers said they had been removed. It also looks like Garry's friend finally has a name.

The story goes... On the inaugural sailing of Oasis there was an officer on the ship named Garry. When his contract ended he wanted to leave something behind. He took this gnome and hid it in the foliage of Central Park.

I don't know where Ranznor came from...

IMG_1496_zps6e7bfdcb.jpg

Cupcrazy, I found them on our March sailing and if you were looking they were rather easy to find. They were where you located them on your cruise. It was fun to find them.

Andrew

I don't remember if you have already answered this question, but what camera did you use? Also, what ISO setting did you use for the early morning pictures around the ship? Beautiful photos! Am thoroughly enjoying your review!