Govenors Beach questions(s)

hova

We are not huge fans of crowded beaches and overpriced drinks... so we are thinking of going to Govenors Beach for the day. Just a few questions about it though:

1) Do you need to take a taxi? If so, what would the cost be, and would their be cabs available for the return trip?

2) Are their any facilities at Govenors? like a bar & restruarant and a public washroom?

3) or... is their a store that we could stop off on the way their, to pick up some refreshments?

thanks for your help

hova

We are not huge fans of crowded beaches and overpriced drinks... so we are thinking of going to Govenors Beach for the day. Just a few questions about it though:

1) Do you need to take a taxi? If so, what would the cost be, and would their be cabs available for the return trip? Taxis are $4 per person. You need to confirm with the driver about return as there may or may not be a taxi waiting. It's only about a mile and a half fromt he crusie center, but you have to walk out of the cruise center ago downt he road to your left and around the buildings to get there

2) Are their any facilities at Govenors? like a bar & restruarant and a public washroom?yes there are restrooms and a small snack stand. Sometimes locals have food trucks, but usually only on the weekends.

3) or... is their a store that we could stop off on the way their, to pick up some refreshments? There's a store/gas station just past the John Glenn capsule. Your taxi driver can take you there. Not sure what the have.

thanks for your help

hova

Have a great trip:)

It took me less than 15 minutes to walk. No stores on the way. You can walk on the beach to Jack's Shack, then take the road the rest of the way.

This is correct. When you come into the port look to the left. You will see a big boat stuck up on the beach. Just to the left is governors beach. Short walk, no stores, they did have bathrooms.

Looks like I will walk down to Govenors Beach. I can stop off at Jacks on the way there and the way back for refreshments.

Actually.. one more question.. when I look at Google maps, it looks like I can walk straight down the beach to get there.... but is that the case, or do I have to walk down a road part way? hova

You cannot walk the whole way along the beach. There is a fence separating some industrial pier/ power plant facility from the beach nearer the cruise port. You'll need to exit at Jack's Shack and take the road for that portion. Don't forget go over to Jack's website and get your free rum shot coupon.:)

• 4 weeks later...