$50 deposits keeps me cruising

cookiejarvis

I think Carnival has now realised that not everyone can pay out hundreds of dollars upfront for a cruise! Especially if it's many months away. Having the benefit of securing your cabin for $50pp and being able to make payments towards it each month is far more affordable to more cruisers!

This is the only reason we were able to book our b2b for Sept!

I think Carnival has now realised that not everyone can pay out hundreds of dollars upfront for a cruise! Especially if it's many months away. Having the benefit of securing your cabin for $50pp and being able to make payments towards it each month is far more affordable to more cruisers!

This is the only reason we were able to book our b2b for Sept!

Agreed especially since we have one already booked for the summer.

If 250.00 is a stretch for your budget at booking, maybe one should reconsider cruising. There I said it.:cool:

Disagree!!!!! It may have NOTHING to do with the budget, but if things don't happen, or they cannot cruise, they are only out $50pp vs $150pp.

This is the ONLY reason I love this sale.

Less to lose!!!!:D:D:D:D

It's not really the $250 or whatever depending on the length of cruise, it's the percentage of cabin total that is sometimes so ridiculous. I booked a 5 night in an OV and the cabin total was around $800. The normal deposit would have been $400. A 50% deposit us just silly but a $50 deposit and paying the rest over a few months sits better with me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Flame away, but in my opinion, the "reduced deposits" are useless. They take the place of true- LOWERING priced sales. There is no sale with a lessor deposit that you have the same end final overall cost. It sounds good and by these posts, some people need them. I don't. I too agree that if a $200 difference per person is a hardship, there are other issues to perhaps consider?

I want lower prices only and the reduced deposits have nothing to do with any price reductions.

If 250.00 is a stretch for your budget at booking, maybe one should reconsider cruising. There I said it.:cool:

You certainly did say it, just not sure WHY you did.

I guess some people are just a:D:Dh:eek:les and can't help themselves.

Disagree!!!!! It may have NOTHING to do with the budget, but if things don't happen, or they cannot cruise, they are only out $50pp vs $150pp.

This is the ONLY reason I love this sale.

Less to lose!!!!:D:D:D:D

I agree! Especially since this latest promo only applies to early saver.

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

Personally, I like the $50 deposits. I do not need them. We could easily afford the higher deposits, but I would rather have MY disposable income in MY pocket and not Carnival's. When it's final payment time, then Carnival can have what I owe them. :)

Edited by tinyrose

You certainly did say it, just not sure WHY you did.

I guess some people are just a:D:Dh:eek:les and can't help themselves.

LIKE!!!!!!

Personally, I like the $50 deposits. I do not need them. We could easily afford the higher deposits, but I would rather have MY disposable income in MY pocket and not Carnival's. When it's final payment time, then Carnival can have what I owe them. :)

Totally agree! I like to have my cash in my account earning interest! When it comes time to pay for my b2b's I'll have the money all ready go!

I've only ever booked one cruise, but the $50 deposit certainly helped me to be able to do so. We can afford the overall cost of the cruise, but we do have a tighter day-to-day budget. If we can pay over time, we can pay it easily, but $400 at once (or $800 if we are bringing our kids) is a stretch at most times of the year for us.

I live up north (not near a cruise port) so I only cruise 7+ days so I can make the price of airfare worth the trip. Because of this, my deposit is also 250-300 pp - when you're booking for 8 people it comes to $2000 - $2400 per booking.

As others have said, while I know I am going to pay the money eventually it's nice to disperse it over time instead of putting down such a large chunk down immediately.

There's many people who always advise "don't pay off your cruise early, it's better to keep your money"

Now, Carnival offers a way for people to "keep their money" by offering lower deposits and now people want to bash and basically say "if your can't give Carnival $250 per person, you can't afford to cruise"

How does that even make sense. Just because a $400 deposit is a "hardship" doesn't mean a person can't afford to cruise.

A $50 allows people to book earlier than they would have been able to or more often. That has nothing to do with ability to afford the cruise in the long run.

As a community, we should be supportive of one another and happy that people have booked.

I rather have my money in my account and not in Carnival's so if it were up I'd always choose the lower deposit, as long as the total price isn't effected.

Let's stop being negative on EVERYTHING!

personally, i like the $50 deposits. I do not need them. We could easily afford the higher deposits, but i would rather have my disposable income in my pocket and not carnival's. When it's final payment time, then carnival can have what i owe them. :)

exactly!! :d

Love the $50 pp deposit sale! I always have to plan my vacations over a year in advance and making payments every month is a breeze! Sailing on the Breeze in 2015! Happy-happy Joy-joy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It helps get your reservations done earlier. Get the room you want and begin making your plans sooner and more convenient. It's a great idea. There I said it. :rolleyes:

My PVP emailed me and told me about the $50 deposits. She knows I've been waiting for 2015 to open so I can look at cruises to celebrate my 25th Anniversary and my DH 50th. Unfortunately its only through the Spring 2015.

I was looking at one of the Triumph repo cruises in November 2015. Its perfect and what I've been looking to do. Unfortunately the timing doesn't qualify for the $50 deposits. If it did, I would have booked on Friday and had 1st choice of Lido balconies. Yes, I can afford the $800 deposit but with it being so far away, its not $$ I want to take out of my pocket right now.

The $50 is a great way to get people to book, especially families. To say people can't afford to sail because they can't afford the deposit honestly is no ones business but the person booking the cruise.

Flame away, but in my opinion, the "reduced deposits" are useless. They take the place of true- LOWERING priced sales. There is no sale with a lessor deposit that you have the same end final overall cost. It sounds good and by these posts, some people need them. I don't. I too agree that if a $200 difference per person is a hardship, there are other issues to perhaps consider?

I want lower prices only and the reduced deposits have nothing to do with any price reductions.

The deposit is 1 cool feature but not the only. With this sale over the weekend DW and I were able to from our 8E to 8F with the price coming down $42 from our previous price drop. So that currently leaves at:

$100 OBC - from booking while away.

$ 82 OBC - 1st price drop

$ 42 OBC - 2nd price drop

_____

$224 OBC for our cruise in Jan 2015. Tips quazi already paid for... thank you Carnival!

EXACTLY:p