EQUINOX - 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean - Picture Trip Report 3/14/14...

FRMPEI

Hi Kevin

LOL... Didn't mean to leave you hanging ... We live in Oyster Bed... Deb and Graeme MacDonald ..No we are definitely not related but my sister in law is a Reid!!

Oyster Bed we are practically neighbours. You probably drive by our house on the Winsloe Road.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Oyster Bed we are practically neighbours. You probably drive by our house on the Winsloe Road.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Yes .. We are neighbours ... I booked our flights tonite... So we are all set... !!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin

Just a little tip from a Captain who said sleep in a little, the pictures will be the same! Sailing 12-22-14 on the Equinox after your glowing Report I wish it was Tomorrow!:)

Don't get me wrong I am not a morning person. I just hate to waste my vacation sleeping in. I would rather get up early and go to bed earlier than being a nighthawk. Have a fantastic Holiday Cruise on Equinox Donna and I are so Jealous!

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

CE14GW_%25200541-XL.jpg

After five month I am almost ready to post our Sky Safaris Zip lining Video. I haven't quite finalized it yet. Just have to add music... almost 7 minutes long. All five zip lines are featured. Please take a click when posted.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

After five month I am almost ready to post our Sky Safaris Zip lining Video. I haven't quite finalized it yet. Just have to add music... almost 7 minutes long. All five zip lines are featured. Please take a click when posted.

Okay so here it is my first attempt at a video using iMovie. I also own Final Cut Pro X but, it is a little over whelming. So I decided I will get my feet wet first with iMovie before moving to Final Cut.

So please take the time and click the video below and let me know your comments. When I was doing research for what to do in St Kitts the few videos I found on Youtube convinced me I wanted to try this one. This video includes all five runs at Sty Safari Tours Zip Line. Booked excursion through Celebrity. Enjoy!

[YOUTUBE]vsZT3EwgOHM[/YOUTUBE]

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

I have never zip lined and I have never wanted to before now. This looked totally fun and not life threatening. Plus you got some good long runs in there. I think I know what I want to do the next time we are in St. Kitts! Whoo Hoo!

All I can say after reading your trip is WOW. You did a fantastic job Kevin. I just booked Celebrity Equinox last week on a Trans Atlantic in October of 2015 and was looking for some info. That's when I was lucky enough to find your comments. We have a similar story. We first cruised in 2005 for our honeymoon. After that initial cruise we were hooked and have cruised every year since. We have tried Carnival, Princess and NCL. We thought we would take it up a notch and try Celebrity. Even though we are from NFLD we are mostly meat and potatoes as well. We also lived in Orangevill, ON from 2008 to 2011. It's almost like we are twins. lol I have to say your review of the ship was very informative and entertaining too. Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into it. Hopefully one day we'll see you on board one of our trips. Larry:D

Great video, Kevin! I liked the use of time lapse to show other interesting pieces of the trip without taking away from the zip line. It gives anyone that has not done a zip line before a little insight as to what to expect. :)

Thanks Mark! I was go going to give you and Beth a cameo in this video but, I realized that is was St Maartens that I had taped you guys walking back to the ship on the pier and not St Kitts. I love time lapse and have tons of footage just of time lapse. I think the next video will be Maho Beach and St Maartens Airplanes. I may cheat and use footage from 2013.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I have never zip lined and I have never wanted to before now. This looked totally fun and not life threatening. Plus you got some good long runs in there. I think I know what I want to do the next time we are in St. Kitts! Whoo Hoo!

I highly recommend this Zip Line for first timers a very safety minded operation IMHO. The Harnesses are extremely comfortable and the worst part is the ride in the truck up to run#2. We are back to St Kitts this March and this is still #1 on our to do list with our boys. Thanks for watching.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

IMovie works just fine.

Good job at filming and editing.

We have this cruise booked for next November....long way off:(

Yes! iMovie is a very neat editing package one of the tricks is not to go crazy with the transitions and special effects. November 2015 is definitely a little bit in the future. We have our March 2015 booked and we have already narrowed down March 2016 to Equinox 11 day or Eclipse 14 day.

Have fun on Equinox.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

All I can say after reading your trip is WOW. You did a fantastic job Kevin. I just booked Celebrity Equinox last week on a Trans Atlantic in October of 2015 and was looking for some info. That's when I was lucky enough to find your comments. We have a similar story. We first cruised in 2005 for our honeymoon. After that initial cruise we were hooked and have cruised every year since. We have tried Carnival, Princess and NCL. We thought we would take it up a notch and try Celebrity. Even though we are from NFLD we are mostly meat and potatoes as well. We also lived in Orangevill, ON from 2008 to 2011. It's almost like we are twins. lol I have to say your review of the ship was very informative and entertaining too. Thanks so much for the time and effort you put into it. Hopefully one day we'll see you on board one of our trips. Larry:D

Hi Larry,

That is pretty neat that we have almost the same stories. Being from NFLD you must like fish? or are you like me and not like fish? Thanks for your kind comments on my Photo Trip report. Have you seen the Celebrity deals in your locals newspaper for this winter/spring? Direct all inclusive from Halifax and Moncton. Maybe you should join us on the beautiful Celebrity Silhouette March 1/15?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hi Larry,

That is pretty neat that we have almost the same stories. Being from NFLD you must like fish? or are you like me and not like fish? Thanks for your kind comments on my Photo Trip report. Have you seen the Celebrity deals in your locals newspaper for this winter/spring? Direct all inclusive from Halifax and Moncton. Maybe you should join us on the beautiful Celebrity Silhouette March 1/15?

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Hey Kevin

I eat a little shrimp and my wife will eat a little cod. We're not really fish people. We'd love to cruise in March but we booked the Royal Princess a year ago with some friends. It's funny I was saying to my wife last night that I was more excited about the Celebrity cruise (we have and Aqua class room) then the Princess cruise (we have a suite). I am lucky to be able to take two vacations next year. Hopefully we'll end up on the same ship one day. :D

St Maarten's - Maho Beach Video

CE14HX_%25201764-L.jpg

Attached below is a link to a new Maho Beach/Princess Juliana International Airport video that I just finished and uploaded to you tube. The video is just under four minutes long. Please take the time click and watch the video. For the folks who have never been to Maho beach you will be amazed how close the jets approach the beach. As far as I am concerned this is a "must do" when you visit St Maarten. Music for the video provided by son, Nolan.

I must admit that I did cheat "a bit" with this video. I used some footage from our 2013 visit aboard Celebrity Silhouette. You will need a pretty keen eye to be able to pick out the 2013 footage from the 2014. I did say back in April it would take me some time to get to the videos. Better late than never. Up next ... not sure maybe USVI. ENJOY!

[YOUTUBE]1rDPsuK2kPo[/YOUTUBE]

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

Enjoyed that a lot. It was like being there again, with out the jet blast! ;)

If you have not been to Maho beach to watch the jets, you really should. It is so much fun. :D

Thanks Mark! I tried to give you and Beth a cameo appearance in this one. When we were returning to the ship via pier I had the go Pro recording on my ball cap. Got some nice footage of you guys but, sorry to say it was left on the editing floor. :D

I accidentally left the Go Pro on, cough, when it went thru the Xray you and Beth were right behind me in that one. I will try to post that up here.

1rDPsuK2kPo

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Edited by FRMPEI

I accidentally left the Go Pro on, cough, when it went thru the Xray you and Beth were right behind me in that one. I will try to post that up here.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

So attached below is a link below to my Go Pro video, just over 1 minute long, that I captured when I accidentally left my Go Pro on when it passed thru the Security Scanner at St Maarten. That is Beth and Mark behind me giving me heck over taking too much time to empty my pockets. She was calling me by her name for me .. FRUMPIE. No Beth it is FROM PEI.

[YOUTUBE]bWZr8YEzPLc[/YOUTUBE]

Regards,

Kevin Reid

You got got me thinking about the points credit card thing. I checked out the CIBC Aventura Travel rewards cards which might make sense for us. We normally book things on our Sears MC and use the Sears points towards our Cruise.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Before you switch over Kevin, double check what the fee is for Foreign currency conversion on the CIBC card. I know on my Sears MC (from Chase) there is zero foreign currency conversion fee, on my CIBC card, it's 2.5% for both credits and debits and my American Express Travel card it's 5% for debits and 0% for credits.

I try to use the Sears MC for US travel - no fees, no foreign conversion and I do a lot of my Christmas shopping online at the Sears Outlet using my points (and often with free delivery!).

With the Canadian dollar at about 10% less and our travel costs so much more, I am always checking to see what is the best deal.

So attached below is a link below to my Go Pro video, just over 1 minute long, that I captured when I accidentally left my Go Pro on when it passed thru the Security Scanner at St Maarten. That is Beth and Mark behind me giving me heck over taking too much time to empty my pockets. She was calling me by her name for me .. FRUMPIE. No Beth it is FROM PEI.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

I'd like to thank the academy, FRMPEI productions, GoPro,.......

USVI What to Do?

CE14GW_%25200387-XL.jpg

... Then back to ship and go up on the Sky Ride that is close to the port.

Way back on page 7 (that is 7 if you use 20 posts per page) we visited St. Thomas, USVI and took a ride up to Paradise Point on the Sky ride. Attached below is my newest video, just over 2 minutes long, of Paradise Point and the fantastic view you get of the Cruise ships. Give it a click...

[YOUTUBE]0EVIDExI5EY[/YOUTUBE]

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Appreciate, Kevin, your postings and dropping by my Australia-New Zealand live/blog. WOW!! Was overwhelming by the opening part about all of your cameras. Impressive. Lots of hard work just keeping track of ALL of the equipment, watching the charging cycles, etc. Have been looking and considering getting Go-Pro. BUT, there is only so much time to do it "ALL" while on vacation. My Nikon D7100 does good hi-def 1080p videos. Only so much time and limited number of hands to hold our "stuff".

Glad to know you have an Ohio connection and love roller coasters. Smart guy!! We have not, YET, been to Prince Edward Island. BUT, it is on our priority, to-do listing for the future now that my wife is retired. Plus, I like fine seafood from PEI. Had great mussels from Prince Edward Island just last Saturday evening here in Columbus.

We are now busy planning a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing with Silversea over 26 days. Fun doing that future research!! Three of our stops will be Bridgetown/Barbados, Roseau/Dominica and St. Maarten/Netherland Antilles. Have not had a chance to go through all of your postings. What pages are those ports on your reports to help me check out what you did there?

Also, if you have a chance on my Aust-NZ posting to share any special tips, insights and secrets learned about these three locations in the Caribbean, it would be much appreciated.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 78,135 views for this fun posting.

Kevin, I just wanted to tell you how much I loved your trip report. You have turned your love and expertise of gadgets and technology into a fascinating read. I knew right away when you described yourself as a roller coaster fan that I would enjoy every minute of the story.

I too, love ship and planes. We always go to the port a day ahead of time, even tho we could easily drive over the morning of the cruise, just to watch the ships. Maho remains my favorite. The videos are excellent and may convince me to zip line. I am such a Maho nut that we are spending 8 days there over Thanksgiving. The clincher.........we are staying at the hotel at the opposite end from Sunset Bar. I WILL see the KLM 747 land and take off. Happy cruising to you and your lovely wife.