Carnival Dream

jamesfam

Does the carnival dream have the newest updates with the burger place and blue iguana taco bar ??

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

They do not have Guy's Burgers. Sorry

Ahhhh !! We have the dream on hold because it's closer than going to Florida for the sunshine. Have a few hours to make our decision. The blue iguana cantina was my favorite !

Ahhhh !! We have the dream on hold because it's closer than going to Florida for the sunshine. Have a few hours to make our decision. The blue iguana cantina was my favorite !

It does have a Burrito bar inside the buffet area and the Cloud 9 Spa if you are interested in that. Also, the waterworks area is wonderful if you like water slides. Sailing from New Orleans is also very interesting, if you have never sailed from there you should go for it.

We did the magic 2 years ago and I think if I am guessing correctly that this is the exact same ship (pretty much )

Yes, the Magic is also a "Dream" class ship so the basics are the same.

Burrito bar was awesome in January. The Blue Iguana is nothing more than a bar by the pool as is the Red Frog. We had a Cloud Nine cabin on deck 12 and love it, would do a Cloud Nine spa deck cabin in a minute. Do the Chef's Table if you go on the Dream it was outstanding.

Do they serve breakfast at the Burrito Bar?

The burrito bar on the Valor did not serve breakfast like the bkue iguana did on the Liberty :( I was sad as I too love the breakfast burrito especially on port days as it is so filling!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

The dream has a burrito bar ??

I loved the tacos and breakfast at the blue iguana on the conquest

Do they serve breakfast at the Burrito Bar?

The Dream's burrito bar is open for lunch, but not for breakfast. However, the Dream does have more omelet lines open than the Breeze had. I guess the addition of the Blue Iguana cantina caused the removal of some omelet lines. The Dream's burrito bar for lunch was quite good in January, just as good as the Blue Iguana cantina on the Breeze. The lanai BBQ was also good, much much much better than the Breeze's lanai BBQ. Also, the Dream will have burgers, just not "Guys" branded burgers. For me, I don't taste that huge of a difference. Also, Dream will have burgers available for longer & more hours than ships with Guys. Guys closes in the evenings, so no late night burgers; no late night grill items of any sort like many of us are used to having. But Dream still has those.

One thing to remember is that ships with Guys & Blue Iguana cantina have restrictions on where & when things can & cannot be served. Not having these things has it's advantages. For example, on the Dream, the lanai BBQ is allowed to serve quesadillas & burgers, which are not allowed to be served there on ships with Guys & Blue Iguana cantina. The ships without Blue Iguana cantina is allowed to have the Mexican buffet during the deck party, while ships with the cantina cannot. For those ships, you work up an appetite at the deck party, and all you've got to eat is pizza, which will have a huge line.