Cabin options on NCL Jade

Sparkygirl

We are starting to research a summer 2015 booking on the Jade from Venice to the eastern med, greece and adriatic sea. There are 7 of us that will be going.

Grandma, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Child(15), Child (13), Child(4). Is the Haven worth the extra price for this family size and this itinerary? What is the difference between Haven suites and non Haven Suites? We will probably be doing a shore excursion in each port.

It really depends on your budget. With a group like that then a Garden Villa would be perfect if it is in your budget.

The difference between Haven and non Haven is basically the access to the Haven. I don't know whether that is important to you, but you pay a reasonable amount for it.

If you aren't in the Garden Villa then you will need at least two rooms, and even that may be tricky. The 2 bedroom suites won't easily accommodate the parents and kids. Perhaps two of them with one of the children in the 2nd room of the suite with the Grandparents would work, but even then two children in the other second room may not work, especially given the ages.

I'm not sure how I would do it outside of 2 bedroom suites though, so perhaps try to find a way to make that work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

I priced out the garden villa and although wonderful and perfect for our group size it is definitely outside of the budget at $30,000 for 1 week.

The question for Haven versus non Haven suites is that there is a 2 bedroom Family Villa (Haven) as well as a 2 bedroom Family Suite with Balcony (non Haven).

It looks like with the non haven suite we do not have access to the Haven Courtyard or the private restaurant while we do retain the butler and the concierge.

The non haven 2 bedroom suite and connecting mini suite looks perfect for our group. I'd just need to research the bed configurations on the Jade 2 bedroom non haven suite for the "kids room". (Is it a pull out couch and upper bunk?)

The restaurant for suite guests on the Jade is Cagneys and all suites have access for breakfast and lunch (there is no Suite only restaurant for dinner). It is just the Haven itself that you don't get.

I don't know the sleeping configuration for the second room I'm afraid as I haven't stayed in one. We were shown round one on the Pearl, which is also a Jewel ship, and it looked nice.

Be careful when booking to check what is above you.

It looks like with the non haven suite we do not have access to the Haven Courtyard or the private restaurant while we do retain the butler and the concierge.

The non haven 2 bedroom suite and connecting mini suite looks perfect for our group. I'd just need to research the bed configurations on the Jade 2 bedroom non haven suite for the "kids room". (Is it a pull out couch and upper bunk?)

As Keith said, there is no private restaurant on older (pre-Epic) ships like Jade.

Also be advised that the persons booked to the mini-suite will get no suite perks such as suite breakfast or lunch and might even have to check-in separately from the persons in the suite (no priority).

Hi Maybe things have changed, but the two bedroom suite used to accommodate a maximum of six. You have seven. Im not sure that you can book seven into the family suite, either in the evening or not otherwise. When we had seven a couple of years ago, we were required to book 2 separate cabins. We got the two bedroom suite and connecting balcony.

Terry

We once had a Haven 2-bedroom suite on the Gem (the layout of the suites on all Jewel class ships are similar to each other), and the bed in the second bedroom was a pull-out-couch. We were only two persons and got that suite for a very good price a few years ago, and we only used the main bedroom for sleeping. But I remember thinking that the sofabed in the second bedroom would be kind of small for two adults. My guess is that it will be quite similar with the set-up in a 2-bedroom non-Haven suite.

Edited by TrumpyNOR

Keep in mind, the Med cruises are quite port intensive, there are few if any sea days to enjoy the Suite benefits, such as parties with the captain, enjoying Cagneys lunches, maybe even Cagneys breakfasts, as you may need to get off the ship early for tour excursions.

If you have cruises with lots of sea days, then the suite benefits may be more enjoyed.

On our last Med cruise, we went with a balcony, as the suite benefits for the cost did not make sense for us to do so.

Also, 7 folks in 1 cabin wont work too well on NCL. I think you should look at at least 2 cabins. :cool:

You have seven people. So the bathroom comes into play. Showers, etc. my wife and I are doing an eastern Med Adriatic cruise on Jade next May. We are doing B2B. We have an aft penthouse. We get butler and concierge, priority boarding and breakfast and lunch in Cagneys. On both our trips we have two sea days for the first seven days and two sea days on the second. So 4 sea days in a 14 days cruise.

As Keith said, there is no private restaurant on older (pre-Epic) ships like Jade.

Also be advised that the persons booked to the mini-suite will get no suite perks such as suite breakfast or lunch and might even have to check-in separately from the persons in the suite (no priority).

I am not sure this is always true. My DH and I have been in a balcony cabin connecting to our relatives in a suite and had breakfast with them in Cagney's a couple of times. Maybe it is at the discretion of the Maitre D. He knew we were all one family (same last name) and we had eaten dinner in Cagneys together as well. Didn't test the embarkation issue. They checked in suite and we checked in Latitudes. Disembarkation day we had a tour so we all left together.

Maybe it is at the discretion of the Maitre D.

Yep, discretion of the Concierge and/or Maitre D'. But still officially no perks come with any non-S-category cabin even if those were connecting to a suite.

Keep in mind, the Med cruises are quite port intensive, there are few if any sea days to enjoy the Suite benefits, such as parties with the captain, enjoying Cagneys lunches, maybe even Cagneys breakfasts, as you may need to get off the ship early for tour excursions.

If you have cruises with lots of sea days, then the suite benefits may be more enjoyed.

On our last Med cruise, we went with a balcony, as the suite benefits for the cost did not make sense for us to do so.

Also, 7 folks in 1 cabin wont work too well on NCL. I think you should look at at least 2 cabins. :cool:

The Jade itineraries have two sea days and another where you don't reach port until the afternoon. There is also a day on one of them where you are back on board quite early. It isn't as port intensive as the Epic for example.