Honeymoon

honeymoonin

Question? We are going on an eastern Cruise with Royal Carribean on 10/4/05 for our honeymoon. This is my first cruise and my soon to be's second. We have not booked any excursions and just thought we would book once we got to each port. Is there anything you would recommend that is a must do? Also, does anyone know how to go about getting a free upgrade? Do they still do this.

Thanks,

Cory

I would go to the Thread - Port of Call and go to the different islands that you are going to and see what people have recommended. There are some great ideas.

For the upgrade have you told TA that you are willing to take an upgrade. My TA once I have chosen a certain cabin, she put a no upgrade on my booking. This time for the best price I took a balcony guarantee and have a cabin 1 floor higher than what I paid for.

Question? We are going on an eastern Cruise with Royal Carribean on 10/4/05 for our honeymoon. This is my first cruise and my soon to be's second. We have not booked any excursions and just thought we would book once we got to each port. Is there anything you would recommend that is a must do? Also, does anyone know how to go about getting a free upgrade? Do they still do this.

Thanks,

Cory

If you want the ship's excursions, I would suggest pre-booking. Waiting til the last minute as you are thinking could result in disappointment.

There is no way to guarantee an upgrade. As a general policy, RCI upgrades its most elite level only - they are stingy with upgrades - and that is only when there is space two weeks prior to sailing. A GTY or guarantee booking MAY or may not result in an upgrade.

You should have your TA document that you will be on your honeymoon. You will likely get a special offer from the spa, etc.

If you would like a table for 2, have your TA request that as well.

If you want the ship's excursions, I would suggest pre-booking. Waiting til the last minute as you are thinking could result in disappointment.

If you would like a table for 2, have your TA request that as well.

On our first cruise, Mariner of the Seas, Eastern Caribbean itinerary, we did not pre-book excursions, naively thinking we could simply do so at the last minute if we were in the mood. Wrong idea! Every excursion was sold out in every port. Of course, this was spring break and the ship was fully loaded. But, honestly, I feel that if there is an excursion that particularly interests you, book it as soon as possible so as not to be disappointed.

As for the table for two, even if your travel agent does not arrange one for you, all is not lost. When you board, go to the head maitre D', who is stationed at one of the entrances to the main dining room. Tell him you are honeymooners and prefer to sit at a table alone. I am told that offering a tip to sweeten the deal can help, though that strategy failed on Brilliance for us. He will do his best to accommodate you, even if it means changing seating times from early-to-late or vice versa. Much depends on how booked the ship is for that cruise.

I would suggest booking what interests you ahead of time. Remember that if you book a ship's excursion ahead of time and decide you don't what to do that excursion it is fully refundable if cancelled usually atleast 24 hour before the scheduled excursion. Check the deadline with the cruiseline. According to Royal Caribbean's website " Cancellations by guests must be made prior to the closing deadline advised directly on board the ship. " If you book before you sail you won't miss out on excursions you want because they are full.

Archived