Any New Breakaway Vibe Reviews?

Zippyone

When are you going? We just got off the BA but didn't buy Vibe since we were in Haven. I went up to the top deck - mid that overlooks Vibe on one day mid trip and it wasn't very full.

I also peeked through the door from the Haven area over to Vibe and didn't see many people.

I ask about when you are going since our trip on the first two days or roughly 1.5 it was really too cold to enjoy and the last day it rained the whole way home.

We are going the week before Easter. Expecting the boat to be full and heard the Vibe passes are next to impossible to get. Hoping for good weather.......

There are some vibe pass threads out there - they have a limited number and you have to get them ASAP by getting on the ship ASAP is what most people have said.

We just got off the Breakaway yesterday and had a Vibe pass for the week. We were lucky enough to get one of the Cabana's. Make sure you go directly to the Credit Desk when you board the ship on deck 6. The will give you a number and wait in line. We were in boarding group #5 to get on the ship, and received numbers 21 and 22 for the Vibe pass.

This area was very empty for most of the cruise. You cannot hear the loud music from the pool area. It was so relaxing! It was a nice spot to view the fireworks as well. It was a very peaceful area and well worth the extra money. We had the hot tubs to ourselves a few mornings after breakfast, and evenings as well after dinner before our nightly activities The Cabana was well worth the money. Its only about $20 a more a person for the week compared to the pass. When you purchase the Cabana ($299), they give you a wrist band, and will give you a $100 on board credit for drinks purchased IN Vibe ONLY. I kept asking about this over the cruise as the drink credits were not showing up and they ensured me that it would be taken care of by the end of the cruise. Well on the final bill, it was not credited, so off I went to the Credit Desk at 6am yesterday morning. The girl I dealt with had no clue what I was talking about and had to get a supervisor (the only stressful moment of the whole cruise). It was all verbal dialogue from the girl who signed us up, no where is it stated in paper work that we saw stating the $100 on board credit for drinks at the Vibe bar.

The two bartenders we had Courtney and Loan were wonderful. Let us relax and didn't bother us for drinks too often while we were in the Cabana. Came around with the Fruit Skewers. The only thing they never had was the chilled towels, nor did we ever receive the water spritzers.

We just got off the Breakaway yesterday and had a Vibe pass for the week. We were lucky enough to get one of the Cabana's. Make sure you go directly to the Credit Desk when you board the ship on deck 6. The will give you a number and wait in line. We were in boarding group #5 to get on the ship, and received numbers 21 and 22 for the Vibe pass.

This area was very empty for most of the cruise. You cannot hear the loud music from the pool area. It was so relaxing! It was a nice spot to view the fireworks as well. It was a very peaceful area and well worth the extra money. We had the hot tubs to ourselves a few mornings after breakfast, and evenings as well after dinner before our nightly activities The Cabana was well worth the money. Its only about $20 a more a person for the week compared to the pass. When you purchase the Cabana ($299), they give you a wrist band, and will give you a $100 on board credit for drinks purchased IN Vibe ONLY. I kept asking about this over the cruise as the drink credits were not showing up and they ensured me that it would be taken care of by the end of the cruise. Well on the final bill, it was not credited, so off I went to the Credit Desk at 6am yesterday morning. The girl I dealt with had no clue what I was talking about and had to get a supervisor (the only stressful moment of the whole cruise). It was all verbal dialogue from the girl who signed us up, no where is it stated in paper work that we saw stating the $100 on board credit for drinks at the Vibe bar.

The two bartenders we had Courtney and Loan were wonderful. Let us relax and didn't bother us for drinks too often while we were in the Cabana. Came around with the Fruit Skewers. The only thing they never had was the chilled towels, nor did we ever receive the water spritzers.

Thanks so much for the reply. Is the Credit Desk the same as the Guest Services Desk? We intend on getting to the pier early and attempting to get on board as early as possible. Then making a bee line for the passes. LOL

Yes the credit desk is on the right side of the guest service counter. Are you Latitude Members or first time sailing NCL? The last two times out of NY we got boarding group 5. Friends of ours who checked in with us at the same time got boarding group 21. The bar staff is great. Loan went all the way to the cafeteria to get bananas for my drink :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the credit desk is on the right side of the guest service counter. Are you Latitude Members or first time sailing NCL? The last two times out of NY we got boarding group 5. Friends of ours who checked in with us at the same time got boarding group 21. The bar staff is great. Loan went all the way to the cafeteria to get bananas for my drink :)

Yes I am a Latitude member. I think only silver. It sounds very worth the money. Just don't know if we will be fortunate enough to board in time to make it to the desk in time.

You will get in no problem. We got to the pier around 945am, and they started boarding around 11006e4e9eja.jpg. I took a nap out in the cabana almost everyday. Got better sleep in the cabana than I did in the stateroom

You will get in no problem. We got to the pier around 945am, and they started boarding around 11006e4e9eja.jpg. I took a nap out in the cabana almost everyday. Got better sleep in the cabana than I did in the stateroom

Looks great! Thnaks for the info and I hope you are right about getting one no problem! I believe we will be on a full boat since it's the week kids are off from school. Can I ask you if you boarded fwd or aft and how long of a walk is it to the Credit Desk? Thanks again :)

Would you still suggest a cabana in the Vibe Club if we're already booked in the Haven?

From what I've seen for pictures of the pool/lounging area for the Haven guest, I probably wouldn't, your area is nicer =) Maybe someone who has does both can chime in on this on.

Looks great! Thnaks for the info and I hope you are right about getting one no problem! I believe we will be on a full boat since it's the week kids are off from school. Can I ask you if you boarded fwd or aft and how long of a walk is it to the Credit Desk? Thanks again :)

I really want to say you board on deck 7 FWD, but I truly do not remember as I had only three things in mind, find deck 6, find desk, then find Savor for lunch. I had tunnel vision to score the prize. The folks that were sitting across from us in the terminal were heading there as well, and they had the same boarding number. We got separated from them in some 'traffic'. They ended up being only two couples ahead of us. Just look at the layout of the boat and become familiar with it. I know they were trying to lead people up to the buffet. I can say when they disembark, they have both FWD and AFT options available to get off. I would suggest getting off with the AFT option as its closer to the entrance to escalators to get your luggage (if you don't do easy walk off).

It's a very simple ship to become familiar with.

The only other tip is that the FWD elevators, half only go up to deck 15, then the others go up to deck 16. Not a biggy, but we got confused the first few times heading up. The other thing that stinks, is if its nice out, the public area on deck 17 becomes a maze of chairs as people move them all over the place.

Edited by Tiger55

• 3 weeks later...

Curious about this. Everything I've read has said that Vibe passes are passed out to the LEFT of Guest Services...not to the right. Has this changed? Also, if I'm signed up for Latitudes, but first time sailing NCL, will I get a later boarding group even if I arrive at the pier early?

Curious about this. Everything I've read has said that Vibe passes are passed out to the LEFT of Guest Services...not to the right. Has this changed? Also, if I'm signed up for Latitudes, but first time sailing NCL, will I get a later boarding group even if I arrive at the pier early?

You will get a higher number than someone that is Platinum but a lower number than someone that arrives later and is not Platinum. Boarding goes very quickly once it starts so don't worry. You'll be on quickly. If you happen to be in a suite or disabled, you will board before the group with #1.

Edited by peg013

Just got off the BA yesterday. We were able to get Vibe passes with little effort. We were in boarding group 5. Don't worry what line to get on. LOOK for the NCL rep standing basically in front of guest services (center) with the numbered tags to actually get the Vibe pass. Once you get that in your hand then you can just get on the designated line. Hope that helps.

Just got off the BA yesterday. We were able to get Vibe passes with little effort. We were in boarding group 5. Don't worry what line to get on. LOOK for the NCL rep standing basically in front of guest services (center) with the numbered tags to actually get the Vibe pass. Once you get that in your hand then you can just get on the designated line. Hope that helps.

did you enjoy it? Was Courtney still the bartender? I really wish I was there right now!

Tags are still Blue, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

did you enjoy it? Was Courtney still the bartender? I really wish I was there right now!

Courtney was great, along with Loan when we sailed at towards the end of March. Had the most interaction with them compared to any other cruise member all week long. Great people! Watching the fireworks from Vibe was nice as no one else was in there.

Does anyone know if you can purchase a Vibe pass for another couple you are sailing with? We are sailing together but will probably not be on line together to board. Would we be able to purchase a Vibe pass for them if we get to Guest Services first?