Baltimore Harbor Hotels...w/park & Shuttle

wcolucci

Hi All,

Looked through a bunch of threads but we are only interested in harbor area hotels for our night before.

We'll probably be in Baltimore around 1PM the day before, there will be 2 adults and a 9 yr old. Would like to be near the aquarium close to good restaurants, (perhaps little Italy, but not necessarily)..so we'd like to be able to walk around a lot....if there is anything to walk around to..

We will also need to park the car at the hotel for the week.

Considering Admiral Fell, but kind of far from the aquarium....perhaps something closer

Thanks all, 2.5 weeks and counting!!!!!

most of them will not offer a package as parking space is limited...

Skip the Best Western on O Donnell...not in a good area...

Your main choice is by the airport and either drive in or take the light rail...

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy

What is going on in Baltimore the weekend of May 16th that all the hotels are booked up? I have been trying to book 1 night on Saturday with park and cruise rates.

It's the Preakness, 2nd leg of the Triple Crown. The race is on Saturday.

Good luck finding a hotel near town.

Yep. Third Saturday of May. For over a hundred years, I believe. You may have to stop north of town, and park at the pier...

I just booked a preemptive reservation at the HEI on Russell...

no surprises, clean rooms.....but a bit far from where I think we want to go.

Is Baltimore walk friendly? Or are we doomed to cab$

Haven't seen your exact dates but what about the Radisson Plaza Lord Baltimore for $103/night (April 18-19th) or similar?

those are the dates....hmmmm how did I miss that one.

And we are reconsidering our plan to leave the car at the Hotel...seems it may make sense to drive up to the quay and drop luggage and get the car when we disembark.

Is it relatively easy to get your car after the cruise if you park at the pier??

See Travelpony, even better than Booking and $35 credit for free also helps. ;)

Saw several other hotels for >100 in the area, the Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor is $95 + $15 tax/fees. Minus your $35.

The Holiday you picked goes at $105 + $17 tax/fees. Minus the free credit.

Check it out, the $35 is a great starter, sharing is caring. :cool:

And we are reconsidering our plan to leave the car at the Hotel...seems it may make sense to drive up to the quay and drop luggage and get the car when we disembark.

Is it relatively easy to get your car after the cruise if you park at the pier??

Parking at the port is $15 per day.

Your car will be parked almost next to the ship.

The system to pay for parking , dropping off your luggage and walking to terminal is very efficent and quick.

Also if you are staying in the Inner Harbor check out the Charm City Circulator a free bus service for many parts of Downtown and the surrounding area. Just do a Google search for the exact web address

Edited by Tony O

Hi All,

Looked through a bunch of threads but we are only interested in harbor area hotels for our night before.

We'll probably be in Baltimore around 1PM the day before, there will be 2 adults and a 9 yr old. Would like to be near the aquarium close to good restaurants, (perhaps little Italy, but not necessarily)..so we'd like to be able to walk around a lot....if there is anything to walk around to..

We will also need to park the car at the hotel for the week.

Considering Admiral Fell, but kind of far from the aquarium....perhaps something closer

Thanks all, 2.5 weeks and counting!!!!!

Parking at an Inner Harbor hotel will probably be more expensive than parking right at the port.

Thanks all....great info especially about the Charm City.

Freestyle...I owe you one...er.... thirty five ones to be exact!

Now if I may ask:

Say we do park at the pier....How easy is it to get out of the Baltimore area after we pack up and go? We are heading north to the Binghamton NY area

I assume it is a pretty easy hike, w/luggage to get back to the car...or can we scoot the car over, load up and leave?

Spoke a bit w/ RC yesterday...she offered up that we can bring aboard 2 750ml bottle of champagne or wine.....we would never think of that but it might be fun to bring a bottle of our favorite champagne for the trip out of the harbour....Can't wait!!!

Thanks again everyone!!!

Thanks all....great info especially about the Charm City.

Freestyle...I owe you one...er.... thirty five ones to be exact!

Now if I may ask:

Say we do park at the pier....How easy is it to get out of the Baltimore area after we pack up and go? We are heading north to the Binghamton NY area

I assume it is a pretty easy hike, w/luggage to get back to the car...or can we scoot the car over, load up and leave?

Spoke a bit w/ RC yesterday...she offered up that we can bring aboard 2 750ml bottle of champagne or wine.....we would never think of that but it might be fun to bring a bottle of our favorite champagne for the trip out of the harbour....Can't wait!!!

Thanks again everyone!!!

Very easy to get back on Interstate 95 since terminal is right next to it.

FYI if you head north on Interstate 95 at the white Marsh area about 15 minutes or so after you leave terminal slow down to do the speed limit, There a white Cherokee parked in the construction zone doing photo speed enforcement camera violations. $ 40 a ticket.

You car is parked a couple hundred feet away from terminal again just pick up your luggage and walk to your car.

I have attached a picture to give you an idea .

Maryland-Port-Cruise-Ship_304.jpg.bc1f1db0f469d4c1626aff7a10156dcc.jpg

Yep. Third Saturday of May. For over a hundred years, I believe. You may have to stop north of town, and park at the pier...

just my luck, I think we will drive in on Sunday and park at the pier. Thanks for your help.

reading this blog and just read the motel I have booked for me,wife and

daughter and grandkids is not in safe neighboorhood.we stayed there last year

no problems,our room was up high enough and facing the bay we saw the Pride

come in.Ok,what other Hotel can I book that is close to port and you can watch

the Pride come in.we leave may 4,have park n cruise for $119.00 per.room.

We like Best Western,I get corporate rate,so I guess money ain't everything when

it comes to safety.