Disney Magic - latest deck plan confusion?

BODICERIPPER

I'm trying to locate the latest information regarding the deck plans and stateroom categories for the Disney Magic.

I have managed to find some deck plans and photos of the ship, but I've heard that Disney added more verandahs recently (2013?). So I don't know if I'm looking at current deck plans, or even current photos of the ship during my research.

I'm interested in the "deluxe ocean view with verandah" with the clear "full view" verandahs, stateroom category 5A & 5B - not the type with the solid half wall at the bottom of the rail that blocks the view. I'm also not interested in the "navigator's" verandah (a closed-in verandah, with a large port hole view). I think that the type of stateroom that I'm after is located mostly on decks 6 & 7?

Plus the deck plans that I have found don't seem to include a "legend" which would explain the meanings of all of the little icons and symbols that relate to some of the staterooms.

Does anyone know where I can locate the latest information regarding the deck plans, photos, and stateroom/verandah categories for the Disney Magic?

I couldn't locate this info at the Disney site itself except for an animated version of the deck plans, which was not very detailed at all. Maybe I didn't search their site correctly?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. :)

Edited by BODICERIPPER

This is by far one of the best sites for deck plans. There's a general site (link below) but if you sign up on their site, you can see more pages plus pictures submitted by travel agents, individuals, etc.

The Magic did NOT add any new balconies. All they did with some of the rooms is spruce them up with new carpet and furnishings.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney%20Magic

The Magic did NOT add any new balconies. All they did with some of the rooms is spruce them up with new carpet and furnishings.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Disney%20Magic

Thanks! I read that and was almost sure it was wrong (how could they add balconies???), but couldn't say absolutely for sure.

Thanks! I read that and was almost sure it was wrong (how could they add balconies???)' date=' but couldn't say absolutely for sure.[/quote']

It is possible to add balconies, if they wanted to. Carnival did it on several of their Fantasy Class ships, since when that class of ship entered service it had no balcony rooms.

While they did not add any new cabins, they re-labeled a lot of them after Fantasy and Dream came out. i.e. some cabins that used to be cat 6 are now cat 5. New cats that previously didn't exist on Magic and Wonder now are listed. Basically, it gives them a way to establish more price points and separation between cats to increase the revenue opportunity.

This one is in PDF form, so I hope you'll be able to see it.

Disney Cruise Line's website doesn't have the newly designed Magic's deck plans yet, so maybe none of them will.

http://www.wdwinfo.com//disney-cruise-line/images/deckplan-DisneyMagic.pdf

One thing you might want to do, is to go to one of the larger Travel Agencies in your area and get the big magazine-type Disney Cruise Line informational book. I have the 2011 edition that includes the Dream, but I'm certain there should be a newer one out by now. They should give you one of these for free....especially if you ask for one of their business cards and let them think you'll be back at one point to book with them. (sorry, little white lie there)

Edited by MizDaisy

The deck plans quoted do have updated names but the actual deck plans do not include recent changes, Cabanas for example doesn't have the serving islands, it shows the old Mickey slide and it hasn't got the new connecting rooms on it.

Sent from my iPad.

Even the deck plans on Disney's site don't show serving islands at Cabana's....for ANY of their ships, even the new ones.

It sounded like the OP was more interested in the staterooms and the icons for those, than the slides and buffet. I did the best I could.....perhaps you can find one that's better, rather than pointing out what's wrong with the one I showed him?

Edited by MizDaisy

For now the Magic deckplan has to be laid over the Wonder and certain changes are noted, like the change of room 7509 to an accessible room on the Magic only, or by words showing the areas where these are on the ship. You are not going to get as detailed as the location of food serving islands or the extra twist in the new slide. More so you will just know where everything (well almost everything) is on the ship. It's more of a guide. The details you will experience once onboard ;0)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app