the juice fast really does work!

ferret

if you want to lose like 5 lbs and get some pudge off your belly, consider doing the 2-day juice fast. (approx 1000 cal of juice per day nd nothing else)

I just did it and it worked. Plus when you get done with it, you are so grateful to be eating real food, that even diet food seems like a treat, so it's a good jump start for a diet too.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could be the OP is talking about the "48 hour miracle diet" which is the juice they sell in some drug stores and other places. I have no doubt it works, but I can't picture myself not eating food for 2 whole days.

More power to ya if you can do it, though.

xoxo

Maggi

I did it a couple of years ago and lost 9lbs. I did keep it off too. dropped down a size for a trip. The juice tastes great. The first day was awful. Very hard not to cheat, but I didn't. I just drank alot of water. Woke up the next day with a terrible headache. Still didn't cheat. believe it or not, the second day was alot easier and I had more energy. I breezed through it and felt great by the end of the day. I will be doing it again before our Halloween cruise. I'm sure it's mostly water weight, but hey, that's ok.

you can do the hollywood diet juice thing, but I don't buy it ($20 for juice?!?)

I go get the fresh juices like Odwalla, Boathouse Farms, Fresh Samantha. I drink two of those quart bottles a day (one is a green spirulina type one and one is a high fiber one) and I flatten out my belly and lose a few.

I go get the fresh juices like Odwalla, Boathouse Farms, Fresh Samantha. I drink two of those quart bottles a day (one is a green spirulina type one and one is a high fiber one) and I flatten out my belly and lose a few.

Do you buy these juices at a health food store? I've never heard of them. Which one is the spirulina type? That's a seaweed, isn't it? Thanx for the info...

Do you buy these juices at a health food store? I've never heard of them. Which one is the spirulina type? That's a seaweed, isn't it? Thanx for the info...

I get them at my local supermarket. They have them in the refridgerated fruit section. They have them at health food stores too.

And spirulina is a seaweed. It tastes kind of weird, but it's like salad in a glass.

And yes, it's for temporary results. If you want to keep it off, juice fasting and cruise food eating is not going to be effective. I cruise a lot and I am very aware how fast the weight creeps on. I was horrified when I gained 7 lbs on my first cruise. NEVER AGAIN!

I've tailored my eating on cruises. I only eat two full-sized meals (are there any other kind?) a day with a middday snack, unless I get up early, then it's two smaller meals and a full dinner. I don't eat after dinner. I always take the stairs and physically active excursions. I don't sacrifice too much on eating, but I watch my portion sizes. I don't eat the bread at dinner, not because I'm a carb watcher, but because I know I'll want to eat more of the good stuff. I'd rather sacrifice the bread than "make room" for dessert. And it's okay to have the sorbet or a couple of bites!

I don't gain anymore, which is good, because I cruise so often.

Archived