Horseshoe Bay - hours?

EMED2010

Hi! We will be in Bermuda in mid September, arriving at 3:00PM Sunday through noon on Tuesday. We are renting scooters (have done this before) and I was thinking of heading straight to Horseshoe once we pick them up because we have a full day planned for Monday and Tuesday we will just stick around the dockyard. My question is do they close the beach and if so what time? Thanks!

[quote name='EMED2010']Hi! We will be in Bermuda in mid September, arriving at 3:00PM Sunday through noon on Tuesday. We are renting scooters (have done this before) and I was thinking of heading straight to Horseshoe once we pick them up because we have a full day planned for Monday and Tuesday we will just stick around the dockyard. My question is do they close the beach and if so what time? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I am not sure how up to date this info is, but I found this:

"The public beaches are open from sunrise to sunset. Do not attempt to use them illegally at night, for your own safety. " [url]http://www.bermuda-online.org/beaches.htm[/url]

And also this:

"One advantage this beach has over others is the Horseshoe Bay Beach Cafe (tel. 441/238-2651), which offers changing rooms, toilets, beach-gear rentals, and showers. It also serves snacks and sandwiches daily from 9am to 5pm. A lifeguard is on duty from May to September."

Read more: [url]http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bermuda/749180#ixzz2yCoNHH1Y[/url]