Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

I do the milkshake too but with chocolate ice cream and chocolate milk! I also use the vanilla ice cream for flavored coffee creamer...yum!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Again another "brilliant" idea. May bring malted milk powder with me to make a "malt" or smash some Whoppers candy.

We all need to create a Facebook page " lido Creations" that way can thumbs up these ideas. I am going to cut & paste I to a word doc to not forget so e of them. No more standard Buffett.

During breakfast I get a couple glasses of the passion fruit drink. Then later

I will get me a glass of vanilla soft serve. Pour the juice over and enjoy. On one cruise the room steward kept throwing out the juice, thinking it was left over from breakfast, so now I hide it.

I like to pour the juices (once back in the Cabin) I to our empty water bottle,cap and put on ice in a soft side cooler (uni-body so no leaking seam.)

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Inspiration this week and made a few creations.

First, make iced coffee. Just fill the water/iced tea glasses all the way up with ice, then add coffee. The coffee gets cold pretty quickly. You can add cream or sugar if you like. I drank that several times.

One morning I took a carton of chocolate milk and poured some of it into the iced coffee, to make a kind of iced mocha. I added more chocolate milk as I drank more of the coffee, so it was really chocolatey by the end.

Another day I got grits and then took a slice of cheese from the meat and cheese display in the salad bar. I tore the cheese into pieces and stirred it into the grits with a pat of butter and salt and pepper to make pseudo cheese grits. Next time I'll make smaller pieces so the cheese melts more quickly.

Not sure if this is possible, but I think it is. Get abowl of shredded lettuce, diced or sliced tomatoes and bacon or bacon bits with a side of mayo. Head over to the pizza station. Ask for a cheese pizza with no sauce. When it's ready add mayo first. Then lettuce, tomato and bacon for a yummy blt pizza.

Just off the Miracle Hawaii cruise. We had an In Cabin Cocktail Party. Had to drink up all our wine, champagne and other booze.;)

Our hosts went shopping all over the ship--

Cocktail napkins, umbrellas, cherries and swizzle sticks from the bars.

They also got pineapple and orange slices from the buffet for our drinks.

Canapes were rolled cheese and meats were skewered with toothpicks and topped by olives, carrots with ranch dressing (in ice cream bowls) and marinated olives.

Cookies and other fruit for dessert.

Another guest actually brings an electric juicer with him so we had fresh squeezed OJ for our drinks.

On the freedom a few weeks ago we got pizza (Quattro formaggi) and top it with grilled onions and bacon from guys burgers toppings bar... Yummy:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a Great idea. On the old pizza menu I loved the de chèvre pizza so I plan on getting a Mushroom pizza without the sauce on the Miracle in a couple weeks & I'm bringing my own de chèvre cheese & add it to the mushroom pizza. So when I want an almost De chèvre pizza I can have one. Hummmm I think I will add the grilled onions too that sounds like it would be good on it. Thanks, Anna

Such a Great idea. On the old pizza menu I loved the de chèvre pizza so I plan on getting a Mushroom pizza without the sauce on the Miracle in a couple weeks & I'm bringing my own de chèvre cheese & add it to the mushroom pizza. So when I want an almost De chèvre pizza I can have one. Hummmm I think I will add the grilled onions too that sounds like it would be good on it. Thanks, Anna

Does anyone know if i can request something added that is not listed on a Fungi pizza. Like can I get the roasted garlic that is on some of the other pizzas & get it on the Fungi pizza?

Does anyone know if i can request something added that is not listed on a Fungi pizza. Like can I get the roasted garlic that is on some of the other pizzas & get it on the Fungi pizza?

On the Miracle it depended on the cook. The day guy wouldn't go off menu. The night guy would. YMMV

On the Miracle it depended on the cook. The day guy wouldn't go off menu. The night guy would. YMMV

As SadieN posted adding ingredients is up to the cook. I have usually been able to request custom pizza by mixing and match listed ingredients. What you can not do is bring items and ask that they be added to your pizza before baking. The kind folks that create your pizza are not allowed to take items from passengers. There would be too much risk of cross contamination.

heres a room service tip:

we order 1 blt with extra bacon and 1 turkey sandwich with cheese, combine them and boom! turkey club sandwiches. Makes a large sandwich so we split it and order some chips on the side. delish!!!

Yes...but if you only want one sandwich, or more bacon and/or cheese, get them from Lido at breakfast, store in your mini-fridge. Order the turkey sandwich from room service, add your bacon etc. Yummy late night snack! :)

heres a room service tip:

we order 1 blt with extra bacon and 1 turkey sandwich with cheese, combine them and boom! turkey club sandwiches. Makes a large sandwich so we split it and order some chips on the side. delish!!!

Yes...but if you only want one sandwich, or more bacon and/or cheese, get them from Lido at breakfast, store in your mini-fridge. Order the turkey sandwich from room service, add your bacon etc. Yummy late night snack! :)

I'll just go with room service and order the two sandwiches, with chips on the side with both! :)

Much easier.

gary

As SadieN posted adding ingredients is up to the cook. I have usually been able to request custom pizza by mixing and match listed ingredients. What you can not do is bring items and ask that they be added to your pizza before baking. The kind folks that create your pizza are not allowed to take items from passengers. There would be too much risk of cross contamination.

Thank you, for your information. I really appreciate it. I was planning on taking the pizza they cook for me back to my cabin & add my goat cheese I bring there so I can enjoy it on my balcony.

Thank you Sadie so much for the information. I really appreciate it. I will remember what you told me. Thanks again

Thank you Sadie so much for the information. I really appreciate it. I will remember what you told me. Thanks again

Your welcome!

Thought of another one

--Egg Salad Sandwich

Eggs from the salad bar, mayo and bread from the deli, mustard, salt and pepper from the tables.