Your Lido Buffet "Creations"

This may be slightly off topic, but I bring a can or two of anchovies and a small bottle of capers on board with me and ask the pizza guys to make me a pizza. They discontinued the anchovie pizza for some reason, maybe because I was the only one that ate it.

Our family loves using the naan from the Indian restaurant as bread for sandwiches! We call them "naanwiches". So good! They are good with just about anything. Put in Chicken and Caesar salad for a Chicken Caesar wrap. Or chicken fingers and just about any sauce. Or get meat from the deli and make a traditional sandwich into a naanwich. Or, just put all your delicious Indian food inside and eat it that way!

Our little cousins also had fun with the basmati rice. They would mix that with other items from the Mongolian Wok, or just random stuff from the buffet. Or, since my hubby's family is from Hawaii, he once made a "Loco Moco" - bed of rice, hamburger patty, fried egg, all topped with brown gravy. I think it's disgusting, but he loves it! Try it on your Hawaiian cruise if you want to eat like a local.

On our last cruise on Conquest, I would get a bowl of grits from the buffet and add toppings from Blue Iguana's salsa bar and have Southwestern style grits. I'm sad I won't be able to do that on the Dream next May. :-(

I love the lemonade and soft serve idea! So trying it next time!

• 1 month later...
On Splendor, at the Lido buffet cake table, they had 3 different dessert sauces: chocolate, caramel or strawberry.

First I would fill a bowl with the vanilla soft serve ice cream. Then choose one of the sauces and then crumble up the chocolate chip cookies on top. I could go for one of these sundaes now.

Anyone have any other suggestions to add to this ice cream sundae?:cool:

You could make a strawberry shortcake sundae: put crumbled up yellow cake (pound cake), vanilla soft serve, and strawberry sauce.

or a banana split or a caramel banana sundae.

I read part of this thread awhile back; but I haven't read it all. I apologize if this is duplicate info.

This is for a ship that has Guy's and Fish and Chips. If you like Guy's Burgers, but not the thicker fries: go to the Fish and Chips and order "chips only" and then get your burger. (Or, if there's two of you - have each go to one place and meet at the table. :) )

• 2 weeks later...

put some of the morning juice (passionfruit? guava? something like that) in a bottle for later.

Mix with the iced tea in the afternoon.

Adds a little sweetness and flavour to the tea and makes it palatable to drink (much like mixing the iced tea half half with the lemonade).

Last cruise we had to try a Double Meat with Cheese Pizza Burger.... :eek: A double meat from the grill and a slice of pizza added in it. Actually delicious! :)

Love some more breakfast ideas as hubby really isn't into breakfast and I now have chickens at home with fresh eggs so would like ideas for other stuff at breakfast.... Is there any place that has lettice that early (on Magic so no 2.o or Blue Iguana Bar) so we could make our own BLTs??? And where would the Mayo be early morning? Thanks!

Edited by Mekamax

Last cruise we had to try a Double Meat with Cheese Pizza Burger.... :eek: A double meat from the grill and a slice of pizza added in it. Actually delicious! :)

Love some more breakfast ideas as hubby really isn't into breakfast and I now have chickens at home with fresh eggs so would like ideas for other stuff at breakfast.... Is there any place that has lettice that early (on Magic so no 2.o or Blue Iguana Bar) so we could make our own BLTs??? And where would the Mayo be early morning? Thanks!

Your double meat pizza burger has given me a strange but possibly wonderful idea. On a ship with the grill, you can get a couple burger patties, get 2 slices of pizza, and use the pizza as your bun. I'm sure it will be messy and ridiculous (not to mention artery clogging), but I may have to try it.

Tonight I'm going to have nightmares about brown gravy on french fries.

Is nothing sacred?

Actually, us PA Dutchies have grown up eating fries with gravy, most local restaurants will ask you if you want gravy on them fries. Also used to bring marshmallow whip along and use that in the hot dog rolls instead of mustard or ketchup. Sounds bad, tastes good.

I've done the milkshake idea but I add peanut butter to it. I use chocolate ice cream, half of the carton of milk, and 2 packs of the peanut butter. It's so good.

I've also gotten chicken tenders from the buffet and go to the deli and get a chicken tender sub.

Also I've gone to guys topping bar gotten chopped bacon and the mushrooms and then get the rice from the buffet and get in line at the wok and mix those into my creations!

So many great combinations to come up with

Can order it thru room service. BLT or just lettuce.

Your double meat pizza burger has given me a strange but possibly wonderful idea. On a ship with the grill' date=' you can get a couple burger patties, get 2 slices of pizza, and use the pizza as your bun. I'm sure it will be messy and ridiculous (not to mention artery clogging), but I may have to try it.[/quote']

That does sound like a great idea! Didn't think of that. Might have to try it next cruise. :p Be healthier that way as you are getting rid of the bun and not have double bread - yah right but sounds good! :D

I thought of this last night.

Order the smoked salmon from Room service, with bagel and cream cheese. When it arrives take it to the lido deck, get real eggs from the omelet station and apply the egg, lox, capers and cream cheese to the bagel for a delish morning sammie.

I get a salad, heavy on the blue cheese, then get a burger, put the blue cheese on the burger, and have a blue cheese burger-you can do this in either order.

I get a ham and swiss from the deli, get the sweet coleslaw and add that to the sandwich-if you are from north central NJ, this is known as a sloppy joe sandwich.

On day one, I get a slice of roast beef from the carving station, and add it to a salad. yummmm.

oh and of course the Arnold Palmer-tea and lemonade.

I didn't try it yet but I have another idea.

A hotdog on a bun from the grill. Add cheese sauce, cole slaw and top it off with crushed tortilla chips. :cool:

Any other hotdog idea?

Gonna have to try this!

Your double meat pizza burger has given me a strange but possibly wonderful idea. On a ship with the grill' date=' you can get a couple burger patties, get 2 slices of pizza, and use the pizza as your bun. I'm sure it will be messy and ridiculous (not to mention artery clogging), but I may have to try it.[/quote']

Can you ask for nitro tabs to go with this?!:D