Nearest comparable line to Celebrity

Fixit2010

Hmm looks like Princess is a favourite.

Not saying Princess is better than Celebrity or Celebrity is better than Princess ... just that many of us who have cruised on many different mass market cruise lines feel Princess is more like Celebrity than the others.

LuLu

~~~

htj,

Would love to try out Victoria or Elizabeth! The QM2 makes up for the poor buffet by having every meal in the MDR available every day. I could easily alternate between Cunard and Celebrity.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We did the Victoria in 2012. I was somewhat disappointed in the MDR food. Portions at times were quite miserly. The Lido breaks down into tasting venues at night(same on QE/QM2)the $10 fee was well worth it as the food & ambience were well worth it. On our Jan.Eclipse trip, the food in the MDR was outstanding(we're foodies)The alternative rest. Murano/Qsine /Tuscany were every bit as good as Todd English(better in fact)I haven't tried the Veranda on the QE/QV. We've heard they are outstanding.

IMO, I see the major lines as follows, in terms of style of cruise, from party to more sedate:

Carnival

Costa

NCL

Royal Caribbean

Princess

Celebrity

Cunard

Holland American

We did the Victoria in 2012. I was somewhat disappointed in the MDR food. Portions at times were quite miserly. The Lido breaks down into tasting venues at night(same on QE/QM2)the $10 fee was well worth it as the food & ambience were well worth it. On our Jan.Eclipse trip, the food in the MDR was outstanding(we're foodies)The alternative rest. Murano/Qsine /Tuscany were every bit as good as Todd English(better in fact)I haven't tried the Veranda on the QE/QV. We've heard they are outstanding.

Keith,

I agree about the alternatives on Celebrity are better than Todd English! I always thought of Cunard, as Holland America on steroids. Even the QE and QV are Carnival hulls used by all their sub-companies. They both look like versions of the Vista Class ships of HAL. I must say however, that the MDR of the QM2 is pretty good!

I would cruise with HAL more often but I don`t like their smoking policy. That is one of the main reason we stay with Celebrity.

maggie,

I think HAL is the last hold-out for smokers to enjoy. I haven't been on a HAL ship since 2011. No plans for a return visit. Not impressed with Princess either.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

I would say HAL.

We like Princess, sailing on Princess 5 times so far and HAL 2 times, but see it as a blend of Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. In fact, Royal Caribbean tried to buy Princess and lost out to Carnival Corp in the early 2000's.

I would think that if Royal Caribbean had purchased Princess, they would have positioned it between Royal and Celebrity.

Also, if Princess is comparable to Celebrity, where is HAL positioned? I would not think above Celebrity.

Obviously, these are comparisons and based on our particular views and fun to discuss.