So little room left.... so much to come

With approximately 6 retail spaces and 5 "more to come" spaces left to fill, it's time to start guessing what's still to be revealed, what will be where & what's getting THE BOOT.

6 spaces doesn't leave a whole lot of room for retail, but some things that we COULD see.... 1) A Royal Caribbean Novelty Store 2) A High End Name Brand Retail (i.e. Gucci, Guess, etc.) 3) An apparel store 4) A Starbucks 5) A liquor store 6) A novelty food item (i.e. ice cream or cupcakes, etc.). My "eye spy" eye is thinking that one retail space WILL be a novelty food item... notice there is a large blank un-labeled space next to one of the retail spaces off of the Royal Esplanade that would make an appropriate sitting area (similar to Sorrento's eating area on the Oasis class).

The 5 "more to come" space possibilities... For sure at least a night club or two (Dazzles, Boleros, etc.) and some of the known bars (Schooner Bar, Champagne Bar, Bow & Stern...though I doubt they are all making the cut for this ship) and there's GOT to be a Comedy Club SOMEWHERE....

That leaves me to wonder about the "entertainment reveal" that Adam Goldstein spoke of during the Google Hangout. He stressed that people don't understand yet how big of a venue the Music Hall will be. So, my thoughts on entertainment:

The Music Hall: 1) Live Musicians at night will allow for a nightclub atmosphere (eliminating the need for using more space elsewhere) 2) All the games shows (i.e. Love & Marriage, etc.) 3) The Headliner Show and 4) POSSIBLY the comedy show... it's a much bigger venue which would allow for a bigger crowd & less scheduled shows.

The Main Theater: 1) the Broadway Show Mama Mia 2) Another Top Event (like Blue Planet or Come Fly with Me) AND 3) A Dreamworks show (moving the headliner & the game shows opens up time slots for this)

270: 1) the acrobat show and POSSIBLY another show of some sort. Also, I think I recall seeing a piano in one of the reveal pics, so with the Ice Bar in here, maybe this will be a piano bar later in the evenings (sad though if that would mean no Schooner Bar :()

Seaplex: This is the one I'm not really sure of. I think it makes a GREAT Quest location, but I don't see any seating :confused: Also, with the overhead DJ pod, it makes for another great dance location, but again... don't see much seating. Any eye spy eyes out there see differently?

So, how about it.... what's still to come????

I think this all looks good, except for the fact that the Headliner Show would be in the Music Hall. There just isn't enough seating, and that would also mean that they would have to bring in many chairs to fill the dance floor, and they probably don't have room to store the chairs during the night when the dance floor is being used. That being said, I cannot think of anything else that would make the Music Hall that "great" other than at the end of Mama Mia, the cast walks everyone from the theater down to the music hall to sing and dance.

I think this all looks good, except for the fact that the Headliner Show would be in the Music Hall. There just isn't enough seating, and that would also mean that they would have to bring in many chairs to fill the dance floor, and they probably don't have room to store the chairs during the night when the dance floor is being used. That being said, I cannot think of anything else that would make the Music Hall that "great" other than at the end of Mama Mia, the cast walks everyone from the theater down to the music hall to sing and dance.

I'm not sure about seating... perhaps it contains more seating than we see in the current pictures :confused:. I do think there's a good chance that this is where most of the music performances will take place. According to the press release for the Quantum, it is being touted as a "Performance Hall". It also mentions "theme nights"... YEAH.... I love theme nights :D

QUOTE:

MUSIC HALL: THE HOTTEST LIVE ENTERTAINMENT VENUE AT SEA

Quantum Class Presents Two Decks of Cutting-Edge Music and Themed Events

"A performance hall and the hottest music venue on the Quantum class of ships, Music Hall is the ultimate place for guests to enjoy intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more, all showcased in a state-of-the-art setting. During the day, the venue offers multiple activities ranging from dance classes to improv workshops, while at night, Music Hall comes alive as the heart of the ship’s music scene.

Rebellious and edgy in design, Music Hall’s two stories, spanning Decks 3 and 4, is inspired by the spirit of rock and roll. The décor is deep in rich tones with touches of leather and mirrors. A tufted wall features glowing LED buttons, long red velvet draperies accented with chains and tassels, and distinctive furniture round out the baroque-inspired space, with a massive chandelier serving as the centerpiece on the upper level. With live music in mind, Music Hall is purposely designed for unobstructed views of a raised main stage, creating optimal views from any area, including the balconies on a mezzanine level.

Music Hall will be open daily and offers two full-service bars with seating, one on each level. The upper level features multiple self-leveling billiard tables offering delicious light bar fare in the evenings.

Additional details about dining, entertainment and other unexpected features and amenities on Quantum of the Seas will be unveiled in the coming months."

PS... just noticed that it says the upper bar will offer delicious light bar food in the evenings... that's cool :D They definitely seem to be upping the nightly food availability.

Edited by Kenlorz

What about the On Air Karaoke club?

Oh YEAH.... forgot all about that one.

I'm thinking we aren't going to see too many of our previously known bars :eek: because I think we could fill all 5 more to come spaces right now if they are all to make an appearance... let's see... 1. On Air 2. Champagne Bar 3. Vintages 4.Schooner 5. Bow & Stern

We know for sure there is an ice bar in Two70, two bars in the Music Hall, Michael's Pub on the Royal Esplanade, the North Star Bar, and there's got to be some pool bars & a solarium bar. Maybe we won't see the oldies but goodies on this ship after all :rolleyes:

QUOTE:

MUSIC HALL: THE HOTTEST LIVE ENTERTAINMENT VENUE AT SEA

Quantum Class Presents Two Decks of Cutting-Edge Music and Themed Events

"A performance hall and the hottest music venue on the Quantum class of ships, Music Hall is the ultimate place for guests to enjoy intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more, all showcased in a state-of-the-art setting. During the day, the venue offers multiple activities ranging from dance classes to improv workshops, while at night, Music Hall comes alive as the heart of the ship’s music scene.

Rebellious and edgy in design, Music Hall’s two stories, spanning Decks 3 and 4, is inspired by the spirit of rock and roll. The décor is deep in rich tones with touches of leather and mirrors. A tufted wall features glowing LED buttons, long red velvet draperies accented with chains and tassels, and distinctive furniture round out the baroque-inspired space, with a massive chandelier serving as the centerpiece on the upper level. With live music in mind, Music Hall is purposely designed for unobstructed views of a raised main stage, creating optimal views from any area, including the balconies on a mezzanine level.

Music Hall will be open daily and offers two full-service bars with seating, one on each level. The upper level features multiple self-leveling billiard tables offering delicious light bar fare in the evenings.

Additional details about dining, entertainment and other unexpected features and amenities on Quantum of the Seas will be unveiled in the coming months."

PS... just noticed that it says the upper bar will offer delicious light bar food in the evenings... that's cool :D They definitely seem to be upping the nightly food availability.

Kind of sounds to me like a greatly expanded, evolved Dazzles concept from the Oasis Class. Obviously much, much bigger... but similar in that it seems like the ultimate multipurpose space that can accommodate live music, DJs, and theme parties. If so, sounds awesome!

I do hope they still have a traditional dance club. Someone mentioned SeaPlex -- unless I'm uninformed, I don't believe SeaPlex will have a bar (?), so that would rule it out as a night club space.

Kind of sounds to me like a greatly expanded, evolved Dazzles concept from the Oasis Class. Obviously much, much bigger... but similar in that it seems like the ultimate multipurpose space that can accommodate live music, DJs, and theme parties. If so, sounds awesome!

I do hope they still have a traditional dance club. Someone mentioned SeaPlex -- unless I'm uninformed, I don't believe SeaPlex will have a bar (?), so that would rule it out as a night club space.

I believe there will be a bar in SeaPlex. One of the first reveals as part of SeaPlex was that it will feature a DJ booth suspended over the space along with appropriate club lighting and sound systems. I highly doubt a space with those features will be left alcohol-free :)

I believe there will be a bar in SeaPlex. One of the first reveals as part of SeaPlex was that it will feature a DJ booth suspended over the space along with appropriate club lighting and sound systems. I highly doubt a space with those features will be left alcohol-free :)

Haha although I'm not sure they want to incentivize drinking and skating and/or bumper car driving! :-) The DJ is for the previously announced disco skating, which sounds like a blast, but I'm not sure they'll definitely put a bar up there. We shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Looking at the design of Getaway/Breakaway, 'Dynamic Dining' will require multiple entertainment venues. 4,000+ passengers will not fit into the Theatre.

We know about the Theatre, The Music Hall and Two70. However I would at least expect another major venue or two, maybe a minor one too?

There has been a rumour of a 'Rainbow Room', NY Art Deco style. This might be a cabaret room?

There are multiple venues on Oasis and they've made that work with the reservation system. I'm surprised that so many are shocked with the Quantum requirements for this when Oasis and Allure have been doing this for several years now.

Looking at the design of Getaway/Breakaway, 'Dynamic Dining' will require multiple entertainment venues. 4,000+ passengers will not fit into the Theatre.

We know about the Theatre, The Music Hall and Two70. However I would at least expect another major venue or two, maybe a minor one too?

There has been a rumour of a 'Rainbow Room', NY Art Deco style. This might be a cabaret room?

I'd be shocked if there wasn't a smaller venue used for comedy shows. It wouldn't necessarily need to be a dedicated venue like on Oasis / Allure -- they could probably even combine a comedy / karaoke venue into one if they really wanted to. Slightly larger venue than Oasis Class, fewer passengers, fewer comedy showtimes... it could work.

With approximately 6 retail spaces and 5 "more to come" spaces left to fill, it's time to start guessing what's still to be revealed, what will be where & what's getting THE BOOT.

6 spaces doesn't leave a whole lot of room for retail, but some things that we COULD see.... 1) A Royal Caribbean Novelty Store 2) A High End Name Brand Retail (i.e. Gucci, Guess, etc.) 3) An apparel store 4) A Starbucks 5) A liquor store 6) A novelty food item (i.e. ice cream or cupcakes, etc.). My "eye spy" eye is thinking that one retail space WILL be a novelty food item... notice there is a large blank un-labeled space next to one of the retail spaces off of the Royal Esplanade that would make an appropriate sitting area (similar to Sorrento's eating area on the Oasis class).

The 5 "more to come" space possibilities... For sure at least a night club or two (Dazzles, Boleros, etc.) and some of the known bars (Schooner Bar, Champagne Bar, Bow & Stern...though I doubt they are all making the cut for this ship) and there's GOT to be a Comedy Club SOMEWHERE....

That leaves me to wonder about the "entertainment reveal" that Adam Goldstein spoke of during the Google Hangout. He stressed that people don't understand yet how big of a venue the Music Hall will be. So, my thoughts on entertainment:

The Music Hall: 1) Live Musicians at night will allow for a nightclub atmosphere (eliminating the need for using more space elsewhere) 2) All the games shows (i.e. Love & Marriage, etc.) 3) The Headliner Show and 4) POSSIBLY the comedy show... it's a much bigger venue which would allow for a bigger crowd & less scheduled shows.

The Main Theater: 1) the Broadway Show Mama Mia 2) Another Top Event (like Blue Planet or Come Fly with Me) AND 3) A Dreamworks show (moving the headliner & the game shows opens up time slots for this)

270: 1) the acrobat show and POSSIBLY another show of some sort. Also, I think I recall seeing a piano in one of the reveal pics, so with the Ice Bar in here, maybe this will be a piano bar later in the evenings (sad though if that would mean no Schooner Bar :()

Seaplex: This is the one I'm not really sure of. I think it makes a GREAT Quest location, but I don't see any seating :confused: Also, with the overhead DJ pod, it makes for another great dance location, but again... don't see much seating. Any eye spy eyes out there see differently?

So, how about it.... what's still to come????

There wont be a seperate nightclub. 270 will be used as the Disco/Nightclub at nights.

And you'll be seeing many NEW bars overall, with little from the past.

There wont be a seperate nightclub. 270 will be used as the Disco/Nightclub at nights.

And you'll be seeing many NEW bars overall, with little from the past.

I will be very surprise if it doesn't have a Boleros

I see you're stating this as a fact, just curious what the basis is for this information? I haven't seen this indicated anywhere in the publicly available materials.

I don't really mind trading the Viking Crown for 270, but will be very sad if there is no Schooner Bar

Adam G said in his blog that there would be a Schooner Bar on Quantum :D

Also I read there will be a Boleros, the info was on RCCL website in Quantum of the Seas - Accessible Features -

Food & Beverage

All dining and bar venues offer wheelchair seating.

Boleros – lower bar counter

Adam G said in his blog that there would be a Schooner Bar on Quantum :D

Also I read there will be a Boleros, the info was on RCCL website in Quantum of the Seas - Accessible Features -

Food & Beverage

All dining and bar venues offer wheelchair seating.

Boleros – lower bar counter

Nice detective work on Boleros! So that's 2 of the remaining 5 down, leaving 3 more.