Connecting balconies?

DLKC

Can someone tell me if connecting balconies are available on any RCCL ship in the Caribbean - which ship, which decks? Looking to open three balconies into one, not just have three side-by-side-by-side balcony cabins.

Appreciate the responses.

Just did this on oasis. However how they open is staggered. One opened closer to the room and the other opened closer to the water. Wasn't a big deal and we loved having the "common" area without having to keep being in each other's rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can someone tell me if connecting balconies are available on any RCCL ship in the Caribbean - which ship, which decks? Looking to open three balconies into one, not just have three side-by-side-by-side balcony cabins.

Appreciate the responses.

I believe that the Oasis class and freedom class balcony dividers can be opened but whether or not the captain will allow it is another story. Some do and some don't.

On our balcony on the Navigator, it appeared that technically the dividers could open, just not sure if it is actually permitted. It was just my husband and I that cruise, so we didn't think to ask about it.

Edited by DLKC

Just did this on oasis. However how they open is staggered. One opened closer to the room and the other opened closer to the water. Wasn't a big deal and we loved having the "common" area without having to keep being in each other's rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's exactly what we're hoping to do. Have not booked anything yet; still in research.

The dividers have the physical capability of being opened on:

Oasis, Allure

Freedom, Liberty, independence

Mariner, Navigator

On these, there are a few that can't, but I can't be more specific.

:)

We had our balcony dividers opened on Allure between two balcony cabins (non connecting), however were denied on Navigator with connecting balcony cabins.

I have heard the way the dividers on Navigator/Mariner are designed they do not stay open well leading to potential injury so this is why they do not allow them to be opened, however that is at best 3rd hand information.

Supposedly that flaw has been fixed with Freedom and newer ships :confused:.

I was just on the Navigator on March 9 Deck 8 and our stateroom attendant opened the divider between my and my sister's cabin. It was REALLY nice. I didn't think it could be done so I was quite surprised when he offered to do it!

One thing though: Although there was some sort of clamp that was supposed to catch a peg on the top of the divider and keep the divider open, ours was kinda loose. But I just kept a chair in front of the divider to keep it open. It was really nice having the long balcony. It was also convenient because we didn't have to go out into the hall to go to each other's rooms. Really helpful when my sister got a little sea sick and I went to check on her. I was able to come in and out without her having to get up and open the door.

On our balcony on the Navigator, it appeared that technically the dividers could open, just not sure if it is actually permitted. It was just my husband and I that cruise, so we didn't think to ask about it.

We were on the Navigator in Feb. Our cabin was on the hump, in the middle of my mom & our friends cabins...our steward asked his supervisor if we could open the dividers & it was ok'd.

That said...they didn't latch very good (and began to swing & bang with the high winds we had & actually our friends opened right in front of their cabin door, so it was a bit more trouble than it was worth for them.

When we were docked in port, it was great!

Once opened by the steward & you change your mind, you have to ask them to relock it. You can't do it yourself, unless you are very handy like our friend was....

When we sailed on a HAL ship, the dividers opened up flat against the stationary part of the divider & latched tightly. Those were great. Royal's don't lay flat...and they take up some space from your balcony, making it smaller than it already is.

Hope that helps/

Edited by SRV FAN

They opened our balcony divider for us on the Navigator last month.. We asked the cabin steward and it was done by the time we returned from Muster.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou

We had our balcony dividers opened on Allure between two balcony cabins (non connecting), however were denied on Navigator with connecting balcony cabins.

I have heard the way the dividers on Navigator/Mariner are designed they do not stay open well leading to potential injury so this is why they do not allow them to be opened, however that is at best 3rd hand information.

Supposedly that flaw has been fixed with Freedom and newer ships :confused:.

They opened our dividers on Navigator last month. They do not stay open or closed well so we put a chair in front of the door and that did the trick. On the newer ships the dividers slide in instead of opening outward. So yes, they did correct the design flaw.

Edited by Zou Bisou Bisou