Costa Mediterranea

IrishLassie

Hi,

We sailed Mediterranea Feb. 2004, western caribbean. The ship was just 6 months old at the time, so it was BRAND NEW.

It was our first time on Costa, my parents (who were with us) 2nd time.

We had a great time, the cabin was large (we had a veranda), cabin steward was wonderful. All staff we ran into on the ship were friendly and helpful. We are of the group who thought the food was good; some posted on this board they didn't like the food. We had room service delivered every morning with coffee/espresso and muffins, enjoyed them on the balcony.

The ship was immaculate at all times. The mix of English speaking vs. European was about 50/50. We enjoyed that, and met many wonderful people. All announcements were in five languages; again we are of the group who didn't mind, again, some on this board found it annoying. I was impressed that many on the ship could speak that many languages at one time. There wasn’t a large crowd of kids on board in Feb. I think they said around 300, most were European, they kept busy and didn’t bother anyone.

The only thing that bugged me was tendering in Grand Cayman. If you didn’t sign up for a Costa excursion, they won’t let you off the ship until after all their excursions were tendered. So I missed my diving appt. since I couldn’t get off the ship until around 11:00am. So my recommendation is to take a Costa excursion in Grand Cayman.

We enjoyed our time and would take another Costa cruise in the Caribbean. I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but other will help and give their opinions.

"The only thing that bugged me was tendering in Grand Cayman. If you didn’t sign up for a Costa excursion, they won’t let you off the ship until after all their excursions were tendered. So I missed my diving appt. since I couldn’t get off the ship until around 11:00am. So my recommendation is to take a Costa excursion in Grand Cayman"

We booked a private excursion through http://www.captainsmarvins.com to see the stingrays and we 4 adults and 2 children got off early in plenty of time. My advice is to go down to the disembarkation level and ask nicely to get off, they let us go through with plenty of time to get to our tour.

Thanks for the info on the Costa Mediterranea. We will do the Eastern cruise in Feb. 06, so they don't go to Cayman, plus we have been there SO many times, that we probably wouldn't get off the ship anyway. Haven't booked yet but hope to go! Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Costa Mediterranea for its spring voyage from Fort Lauderdale to Savona (its home port in Italy) you'll enjoy it but i didn't think the entertainment in the theatre was as good as on the the other Costa ships I have been on. It must be difficult with passengers speaking at least 5 languages to keep them all amused.

John and Maggie

• 4 weeks later...

Good for you traveling with Costa and I hope you have a super time. Well I've been on 21 cruises, 6 with Costa and in the Costa Mediterranea on December 2003. The ship is beautiful and we had a good time. We took the Western Caribbean. The ship was decorated for christmas and they put the big christmas tree in the middle of the atrium all decorated with gold. 2 weeks before the cruise, we were upgraded by the Costa Line, to a Panorama Suite from a booking of a verandah cabin. Maybe you will have a upgrade too, so I wish you luck. On all Costa ships especially when they cruise in the Caribbean, they will speak at least 5 languages because a lot of people from different countries are aboard the ship traveling.

Have a great trip and a happy birthday.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

Good for you traveling with Costa and I hope you have ayou will have a upgrade too, so I wish you luck. On all Costa ships especially when they cruise in the Caribbean, they will speak at least 5 languages because a lot of people from different countries are aboard the ship traveling.

Have a great trip and a happy birthday.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

we cruised the mediterannea last jan. to the caribbean and the only announcement in 5 languages was the muster.. we are cruising her again in December and hope they are keeping to primarily english .. in fact , all the shows were in english, show tunes, etc.. they did have a fabulous Italian tenor as a lounge act..

Hi,

First time on Costa and looking forward to it.

It can't come too soon!

We're booked BTB for 1/22/06 & 1/29/06

Anyone?

Two years ago we booked with "Carolyn Barrett Adventures" in the MoBay area. It was fantastic, and she really knows her way around.

We were lucky enough to book her for the Ocho area.

We dock in Ocho Jan 26. Her van can hold 12 pax, but she likes a little breathing room for backpacks, towels, hats etc. 10 is the best number. So far, it's just DH and myself.

If anyone is on the Jan 22 cruise and is interested, let me know. It will be first come first served!

Hope to see some of you somewhere,

Lois

Archived